Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 73091 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2019, 04:37 PM »
If you're Gold, you can still "buy" it for free and cancel the download. That way you'll still have access to it when you have the space freed up. And it's only 2GB, anyway.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2019, 05:50 PM »
Resident Evil CVX downloaded and installed last night... no issues with the old purchase.

Resident Evil 3 and the original RE2 are the only ones I'm still waiting on, and I love it.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2019, 06:13 PM »
(poop)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:17 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2019, 08:23 PM »
Hmmm did not know that.  Thanks for the work around advice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2019, 10:51 AM »
So I didn't realize that the June BC releases were going to be the last ones... That program has been incredible and I love everything about it, but I'm bummed that it's ending.  I was this many games away from being able to get rid of the old Xbox and 360...

360:
[  ] Medal of Honor
[  ] Medal of Honor:  Warfighter
[  ] Silent Hill: Homecoming
[/] Skyrim - I could live without this one because of the re-release, but my old saved game is on the 360 version...
[  ] Blazing Angels 2

XBOX:
[  ] Call of Duty:  Finest Hour
[  ] Heroes of the Pacific
[  ] Medal of Honor:  European Assault
[  ] Medal of Honor:  Frontline
[  ] Medal of Honor:  Rising Sun
[  ] Secret Weapons Over Normandy
[  ] Silent Hill 4:  The Room
[  ] Star Wars:  Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast
[  ] Thing (The)
[  ] Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

I hope that once Project Scarlett is done, that they'll relaunch the program.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2019, 11:12 PM »
Rob, you might be able to move your saved games to cloud storage.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2019, 09:58 PM »
I think they're all on cloud storage - but I wouldn't be able to play them if I ditched the old consoles without those last few being BC, which is my real goal / hope.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #187 on: May 1, 2020, 11:09 AM »
Some decent sales going up today on Xbox for May the 4th. For Xbox One, there's Battlefront I/II, Jedi Fallen Order, LEGO TFA, Pinball FX tables, and a bunch of 360 and OG Xbox SW titles that are backwards-compatible.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/sales/may-the-4th-sale

Pretty good sales on Steam today, too

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/star-wars

Probably be some other sales coming up for PlayStation and Switch as well

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2020, 01:00 AM »
So they ended the BC program to focus on project Scarlett. Now that the console is almost done, has there been any indication that they might spin it up again and start adding more titles??

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2020, 12:44 PM »
I don't think we'll see any new additions between now and November, when the new console comes out, if that's what you're asking. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were some new ones added when or after the console launches. They're trying to make the Series X as backwards-compatible as possible. Anything that's playable on an Xbox One now should be playable on the Series X. And hopefully a bunch more.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2020, 01:42 PM »
Yeah I didn't specifically mean before launch, I was just broadly wondering if they'd ever officially said that the program would come back once they were able to stop focusing on developing the new console. 

I also saw that games for the new console can only be installed on the internal storage, and external sticks you can add. Will it still take old fashion USB 3.0 HDD's to play older games off of?  One of my favorite things is having everything installed and either instantly playable, or only needing the disc to be put in to be ready to go.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2021, 04:09 PM »
Anyone have any tips on ways to actually box an Xbox Series X?

I've been refreshing 5 store's websites once or five times per day for months and haven't even come close. 

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2021, 06:03 PM »
Apparently there are places on social media where advanced notices get posted about when stock is added to stores' inventory.

I managed to score one right before Christmas via BestBuy after trying multiple times there, at Target, and Wal-Mart with some inside intel on when the inventory was getting added.  It was still a ton of work to make it happen with inside intel, so I feel your pain.

I did finally find success at BestBuy when logged in to my BB rewards account.  I had a couple different browsers up at the time and noticed that there were different offers available to Silver Elite Rewards Member me vs. Incognito me.  I think they're giving preferential treatment to rewards members.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2021, 06:28 PM »
Okay thanks, I'm not going to go around following social media groups, but I'll at least make sure I'm logged into my BB account.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2021, 06:56 PM »
Okay thanks, I'm not going to go around following social media groups, but I'll at least make sure I'm logged into my BB account.

Yeah, I didn't bother either.  Luckily where I live (Minneapolis) is home to BestBuy and Target, and I know bunches of people that work at both that were able to feed me some intel that helped.

From my sources - at Christmas BestBuy was selling ALL of their stock via their web site and Target was sending nearly all to their stores, although you could buy online for pickup in the store if your local store had stock.  Not sure if they've changed in the past two months, but spending time on Target's web site other than very early in the morning may be a waste of time. 

Good luck!