Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Xbox One

<< < (2/43) > >>

iFett:
I heard PS4 won't play used games either...hoping that's not the case with these new consoles because those are pretty much the only games I buy since I refuse to pay $60-$70 for a new game when I can have it for half or less if I wait it out.

I'd imagine Gamestop would go out of business.

BillCable:
They were pretty well-sourced and cross-checked "rumors" Rob, but whatever.

We shall see on the used games front.  Sony did patent tech to lock out game discs after they're used on a console.  It's the way the industry has been going for a while.

Rob:

--- Quote from: BillCable on February  6, 2013, 12:22 PM ---They were pretty well-sourced and cross-checked "rumors" Rob, but whatever.

We shall see on the used games front.  Sony did patent tech to lock out game discs after they're used on a console.  It's the way the industry has been going for a while.

--- End quote ---

I dont' think it would be an exaggeration to say that it would be the death of the console.  Who's going to pay $60 for a game that they essentially don't own?

EDIT:  Reading the comments in your link, it looks like a lot of people agree that it's too far fetched to be a legitimate rumor at this point, and that rumors that don't pan out are regularly reported on when it comes to new consoles.

EdSolo:
Eliminating used games would kill the system.  If you can't even borrow a game from a friend, I think that would make one shy away from the system.  They would need a bunch of exclusive games to be viable.  You even eliminate the option of renting games unless they make some sort of rental only copy that doesn't have the activation code.  I think just about every game system owner has bought a game that just didn't meet their expectations and wanted to either get rid of it or go back in time and not purchase it.  At $60/game, the option to not get any of your money back will be too much to bear for many people.

BillCable:
Launching the PS3 at $600 would have been considered too far fetched to be legit as well, I think.  As I said, we shall see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version