Multimedia > The Prequel Trilogy

Lucas and Kasdan hashing out Anakin's backstory in 1981

<< < (3/3)

Nicklab:
I think the whole "Yoda as guru" concept was a product of the filmmaking technology of the times.  From all of the behind the scenes docs at the time, it seemed very clear that there was a lot of uncertainty about whether or not the Yoda puppet would play well dramatically opposite an actor, and if the audience would suspend their disbelief and buy into the character.  Barring that, the technical challenges of filming those TESB Dagobah scenes were considerable, and just creating the appearance of the character WALKING was huge.

Fast forward to 2000, and all of a sudden it's possible to make a digital Yoda do almost anything that an actor can do, and in some cases more.  So, what to do?  Perhaps Lucas took the "Judge me by my size, do you?" line to heart in reconsidering the possibilities with Yoda?  But I think his desire to see Yoda fight was tempered by the realization that if it wasn't done right that it could look completely ridiculous.  He said so himself in the AOTC behind the scenes video.

Scockery:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on May 30, 2013, 07:25 PM ---I think acceptance of them helps...  Ignore the crap, enjoy the good.

My gf still laughs her ass off when Padme falls out of a fast moving vehicle in the sky onto a sand dune, and demurely rolls looking like a sleeping angel...  then boom, up and barking orders.

LMAO.

Lucas you tard.

--- End quote ---

Around that time (before):

Anakin: "SHoot him down!"

Clone Pilot "We're out of rockets, sir!"

Obi-Wan: "Then use your lasers!"

Clone Pilot: "Then the movie would over, sir!"

Anakin: "I don't care!!!"

Phrubruh:
Wasn't the Yoda fight scene not even in the original screenplay? Weren't some graphics artists fulling around with the Yoda model in their downtime and Lucas saw one of their fight sequences using Yoda and said, "Wow! That's cool! Let's put that in the movie!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version