Community > JD Sports Forum!

JediDefender Fantasy Football

(1/31) > >>

Morgbug:
Yup, we're up and running again.  No openings if all renew their places in the league.

League ID: 1079
Password: berry

Any problems logging in, let me know.  Will add pick 'em, etc. as they come available. 

Morgbug:
Guys,
I posted regarding a discussion of how the group would like waivers to work on the league page.  Please post your responses there or here and don't respond directly by email.  It does no good for me and the email recipient being the only ones seeing them, everyone needs to be part of the discussion so we can reach a consensus. 

Rob:
The replies don't go to everyone?  I got Patrick's - which I assume is what you're talking about since he texted me asking what you meant when you asked him to use the thread.

Personally I don't have a strong opinion on this any more.  I used to dislike the change, but I've adapted and am okay with whatever everyone decides.

Morgbug:

--- Quote from: Rob on June  5, 2013, 02:44 PM ---The replies don't go to everyone?  I got Patrick's - which I assume is what you're talking about since he texted me asking what you meant when you asked him to use the thread.

Personally I don't have a strong opinion on this any more.  I used to dislike the change, but I've adapted and am okay with whatever everyone decides.

--- End quote ---

No, the replies don't go to everyone though I suspect you can choose that as an option. 

Rather I'm trying to have everyone post their responses in that thread, so it largely mimics posting on a message board.  The posts become essentially permanent and everyone can see everything everyone else says.  Given a couple of folks don't post here at all and some not so much, otherwise I'd suggest we hold the discussion here. 

I got Patrick's too, obviously, but I was really surprised it didn't show up in the thread, so he took another option of responding to Ruiner's post in that thread.  I didn't really examine how he did it, I just know that only some of us would have seen it and if you don't keep all your emails, there's no record.  If it's posted on the thread on the league "board" it stays there and no one can come back later and say they didn't see that message or anyone else's either. 

If I can paraphrase, basically Patrick and Ruiner have opposing points of view.  Ruiner's opinion is there for all to read, Patrick's isn't.  So at this point Patrick's viewpoint is only visible to a few.  I know for example that Jim/chuckles/can't remember his team name didn't see Patrick's response to Ruiner. 

As commissioner, I'll go with a majority opinion but it sure would be nice to get everyone to post it on that thread so we don't have the debate during the season - again.  I won't change things during the season.  And I do have an opinion but I won't post mine unless we need a tie-break vote, because otherwise we have a nice odd number of 11 to discuss.  My vote could simply tie it. 

And I don't care about being commissioner either, so if anyone wants it, I can transfer it.  I just get stuck with it because I restarted the league.  I'm ok doing it but I do get tired of you whiney bitches at times.   :-*

Rob:
If you're sick of being commish, I'll do it.  I run another league on another site and basically handle things pretty much the same as you... I set it up, and if a majority want a change, I make it - so long as we're not in the middle of the season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version