Author Topic: 3.75" Black Series Rumors  (Read 86626 times)

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
3.75" Black Series Rumors
« on: June 7, 2013, 03:22 PM »
JTA's reporting that these figures are confirmed for the Black Series:

Vizam
Darth Plageuis
Stormtrooper (Episode IV)
Clone Trooper (41st Legion)
Commander Neyo
Merumeru
Mace Windu (The Clone Wars) – confirmed for release
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Training)
Yoda (Jedi Training)
Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Outfit)
Darth Vader (Episode III)
Snowtrooper
Toryn Farr
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 10:30 PM by Jeff »

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Black Series Rumors
« Reply #1 on: June 7, 2013, 03:50 PM »
No need for another Vader, but Plagueis? AWESOME!  :o

I hope they give Plagueis two different interchangeable heads, battle-damaged with breathing apparatus, and normal.

I bet Neyo comes with a realistic WAC.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2013, 03:58 PM by Rune Haako »

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 7, 2013, 04:07 PM »
If this is true, there are some decent figures on the list.  Vizam, Toryn Farr and Snowie Wedge are cool.  Dagobah Luke has been on people's list for a while, as well as Merumeru.  I wonder if the Snowtrooper will be the sergeant?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: June 7, 2013, 04:58 PM »
Hrm.  Looks like 10 resculpts and three NEW figures (Merumeru, Toryn, Plageuis).  Not exactly a lot of "AWESOME!" there.  Don't get me wrong, some of those resclupts are long, long overdue (Snow Wedge, Dagobah Luke), but I can't get excited about more Vaders, Storm/Sand/Snowtroopers or Clone/Commanders at this point. 

Still patiently waiting for a new movie Chewbacca (2009) and new Han Solo (2011).  Both of those have been mired in "re-release/repaint" hell for years now.  :( 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 7, 2013, 06:38 PM »
This list is based on what information? At this point I gotta wonder.

Didn't they make Vizam already, maybe not ideally...but unmade skiff guards should take priority over 90's do-overs.

Plageius flies in face of what I thought was a movies only  plan on this series.

All new Stormtrooper or Snowtrooper sculpts that will be like the current clones and look strange next to what we've been buying for years? Or just rehashed stuff? There's room for improvement, to be sure.

Darth Vader sounds like the most believable thing on that list.  :P

Honestly, the choices aren't bad, but the list is half boring. I don't even care about redoing all the movie clones. They've had a few tries to get the 41st one right and blew it.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 7, 2013, 09:08 PM »
Plageius flies in face of what I thought was a movies only  plan on this series.

Mara Jade?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 7, 2013, 09:14 PM »
Hmm, no mention of CW Captain Rex I see. Still in limbo.

There should be an EU and CW slot in every wave going forward.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2013, 09:35 PM »

Mara Jade?

She was planned as a Droid Factory release before the Black Series change-up, and Hasbro knew fans would be furious if the fan's choice figure wasn't a retail release.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 7, 2013, 10:53 PM »
Not a bad lineup if true, I guess, but still a bit on the boring side.  But, the more I think about it, maybe that is how it will be from now on (until the new movies start up at least).  At this point in the life of the line, we've really gotten so many figures/characters that finding something new and exciting (and realistic to make) is a little more difficult overall.  I'm with Jeff that I'm still looking forward to new Han/Chewie figures.  I still don't understand why Chewie in particular isn't a figure that isn't constantly in rotation alongside the Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, R2 grouping.  Keep putting that Early Bird or VOTC version once in awhile if you're not going to sculpt up a brand new one.  Hopefully it is coming.

Of this list, I'm excited to see what the Luke and Yoda will be like, as well as Snowspeeder Wedge, Toryn Farr, and Merumeru.  It will be interesting to see what newness they can bring Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 7, 2013, 11:30 PM »
Literally the only figures that excite me on that list are Luke and Yoda, and I know they'll screw up Yoda somehow. We've needed an accurate OT Yoda for how long now?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: June 7, 2013, 11:42 PM »
Well this list further confirms my future lack of purchasing. Only Darth Plageuis interests me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 8, 2013, 02:28 AM »
No need for another Vader
Not so when it comes to RotS. The last new Vader we got from that movie was in 2005 and it was far from well articulated. Although considering how soon after the ESB one this is I think it will be a pre-suit Vader. Either one with all the rips, singes, and removable limbs from during the duel (the only figure of that version that we have has only four points of articulation and is screaming) or a post duel version that has been getting into the top ten in the poll the last few years here.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 8, 2013, 08:09 AM »
This list is based on what information? At this point I gotta wonder.

Yeah.  After the whole "The Black Series will ONLY be available in North America" mess, you have to start exercising some skepticism with some sources.

Clearly though, the Mace Windu in Clone Wars gear had been in the works.  As for everything else?  We'll see.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 8, 2013, 08:39 AM »
Now, it's "we're going to hold it close to the vest until we reach 4000 Facebook likes. "  Okay, whatever.  Is there that many collectors still collecting?  :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 8, 2013, 09:29 AM »
I never thought we'd see a list of new figures again! As always, a mixed bag, but at least there's a missed bag to gripe about.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."