Author Topic: 6" Black Series Rumors  (Read 87509 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 6" Black Series Rumors
« Reply #30 on: January 5, 2015, 01:26 PM »
Curious myself, but wouldn't the current Hero Series X-Wing but somewhat in the ballpark? I think Hasbro has alluded to this themselves.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: January 5, 2015, 01:32 PM »
According to my personal scale expert (aka Jesse), the Hero Series X-Wing is actually pretty close to perfect scale match for the 3.75" figures -

29 Inches long on this ship means it's actually 1/17 scale, almost on the nose.  Star Wars figures range anywhere from 1/17 to 1/20 (the newer more lean to 1/20).

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #32 on: January 5, 2015, 02:22 PM »
I suppose if I ever really looked at it... these X-Wing things are stacked to the ceiling here in Dublin at Smyth's and the Disney store too. 50% off now I think I saw at Disney which still left it pretty expensive, for here at least.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 5, 2015, 04:23 PM »
According to my personal scale expert (aka Jesse), the Hero Series X-Wing is actually pretty close to perfect scale match for the 3.75" figures -

29 Inches long on this ship means it's actually 1/17 scale, almost on the nose.  Star Wars figures range anywhere from 1/17 to 1/20 (the newer more lean to 1/20).

I'd say he's right.  I put some action figures out with this thing (my son got it for his birthday), and they look close.  WAY to small to be 6" scale.   

Part of me wonders what a 2.5" scale line would look like with ships made to accurate scale.  That BMF (while awesome) is still under-scaled, though not as bad as the 78 version.  BUT, if they made a Falcon that size-ish with smaller figures, they could probably hit the point.  But then I think how many would be let down if they didn't get that BMF (with rectangular deflector) at 3.75" scale.  Maybe a line limited in scope?  I loved the M.A.S.K. figures back in the day, and I appreciate now that the smaller scale of the person allowed them to create better vehicles for those plastic men to ride in.

For vehicle lovers, the 3.75" scale hurts getting accurate scaling.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 6, 2015, 11:04 AM »

I loved the M.A.S.K. figures back in the day, and I appreciate now that the smaller scale of the person allowed them to create better vehicles for those plastic men to ride in.

That brings back some memories. I think my brother still has ours.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 6, 2015, 12:10 PM »
I loved the M.A.S.K. figures back in the day, and I appreciate now that the smaller scale of the person allowed them to create better vehicles for those plastic men to ride in.

Then you'll be happy to hear that Hasbro might be bringing it back:

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/394359/scitech/geeksandgaming/m-a-s-k-might-make-a-comeback-for-30th-anniversary

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2015, 12:22 PM »
Dropping this in the rumor thread for now...

BLACK SERIES RUMOR: 6″ TRASH COMPACTOR SCENE

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2015, 12:33 PM »
That sounds awesome!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2015, 01:12 PM »
Dropping this in the rumor thread for now...

BLACK SERIES RUMOR: 6″ TRASH COMPACTOR SCENE

Well, that sounds cool at first until you realize it's probably a repack Luke/Han/Chewie, but you need to get it if you want Leia in white dress.  Ish.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2015, 01:21 PM »
[cynicism]
It will probably be a TRU exclusive for $70, containing a repacked Luke Stormtrooper, repacked Han Stormtrooper, and repacked Chewie.  The compactor environment will be all flimsy cardboard.
[/cynicism]

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2015, 02:41 PM »
I have to believe Luke and Han would have "wet" hair. Of course depending on cost. If you have to "somewhat" buy repacks to get a 6" scale environment it could be worth it. I think it's unrealistic with the way things have been going lately to expect an environment with all new figs. That's my two cents.

What I'd like to see is just the environment and no figs. But they'll gouge with repacks I'm sure.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:06 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2015, 08:33 PM »
An ANH Leia got announced at NYCC, correct?  So we've got all of the characters from the Trash Compactor scene accounted for.  So the figures are probably going to feature some alternate deco from the individual release, and there will probably be an alternate head sculpt for Luke.  What would really put this set over the top is if they include a Dianoga, too.  Otherwise it's going to seem like a total cash grab.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2015, 11:26 PM »
An ANH Leia got announced at NYCC, correct?  So we've got all of the characters from the Trash Compactor scene accounted for.  So the figures are probably going to feature some alternate deco from the individual release, and there will probably be an alternate head sculpt for Luke.  What would really put this set over the top is if they include a Dianoga, too.  Otherwise it's going to seem like a total cash grab.

I don't know - the Cantina scene with Han and Greedo was straight re-pack.  As a fan, I want at least paint differences for each figure, but as a marketer I think they could sell just as much releasing a straight repack of Luke/Han/Chewie and a new Leia if that's the only way we can get her.  I would be surprised to see more than a cardboard diorama.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2015, 09:18 AM »
Call me the sucker for thinking the diorama would be an actual toy (made from plastic).

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2015, 03:41 PM »
Call me the sucker for thinking the diorama would be an actual toy (made from plastic).

Or we may get the super cheap plastic that they used in the Lars Homestead 3.75" set from five years ago.  That thing might as well have been cardboard for how cheap the plastic was.

I hope they go either all repack, or significantly different figures.

I don't mind buying $7 figure repaints / kit bashes, but I have no interest in buying $20 repaints/kit bashes.  A new wet hair or dirty armor version is just going to get me pissed.