Author Topic: 6" Black Series Rumors  (Read 87513 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
6" Black Series Rumors
« on: June 9, 2013, 05:17 PM »
http://www.flyguy.net/2013/06/star-wars-black-series-six-inch-wave-2.html

The next Star Wars Black Series Waves 2 & 3 (so all of 2013 basically) will be...

Star Wars Episode 3 Anakin Skywalker 6" Action Figure  UPC:653569897828
Star Wars Episode 3 Obi Wan Kenobi 6" Action Figure UPC:653569898245
Star Wars Episode 4 Greedo 6" Action Figure  UPC:653569898269
Star Wars Episode 5 Luke Bespin 6" Action Figure UPC:653569898252
Star Wars Boba Fett 6" Action Figure UPC:653569897811
Star Wars Slave Leia 6" Action Figure UPC:653569897804
Star Wars Episode 4 Han Solo 6" Action Figure UPC:653569897835
Star Wars Episode 4 Stormtrooper 6" Action Figure UPC:653569898238

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Rumors
« Reply #1 on: June 9, 2013, 05:46 PM »
Hmm.  Still no Darth Vader.  He must be a NYCC exclusive.  And an odd choice of Leia's to be the first.  Stormtrooper is no surprise though.  I wonder if Boba will be a Jedi or Empire version.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 9, 2013, 06:01 PM »
I predict first Vader will appear in some sort of exclusive that will annoy fans.

Greedo? Really? Before C-3PO? Chewbacca?

Fan anticipation going...unless the line gets canned early and the folks will wonder "where were C-3PO, Chewbacca and Yoda?"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:48 AM by Scockery »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 02:57 AM »
Hmm.  Still no Darth Vader.  He must be a NYCC exclusive.  And an odd choice of Leia's to be the first.  Stormtrooper is no surprise though.  I wonder if Boba will be a Jedi or Empire version.

6" Super Articulated Slave Leia?  That's brilliant, not odd.  That's the kind of figure that will draw hold outs into the line.  I love that they went with Greedo too.  This line is quickly becomming action figure gold.  I am all in.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 09:34 AM »

6" Super Articulated Slave Leia?  That's brilliant, not odd.  That's the kind of figure that will draw hold outs into the line.  I love that they went with Greedo too.  This line is quickly becomming action figure gold.  I am all in.

Okay... so a Slave Leia coming out before a ANH Leia?  Hasbro said they wanted to do the iconic figures and to me ANH Leia is more iconic... and especially before a Vader??

I'm excited about Greedo though it is surprising since Hasbro said at Toy Fair that they weren't going to do 'background' characters right away.  Greedo fits that role somewhat even though he has a speaking role and on camera with Han for a few minutes before Han shoots first.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 10:45 AM »
I'm a bit bummed (but not exactly surprised) that repaints/retools/repeats will be coming so soon. The character selection also seems a bit strange (Slave Leia before Ep4, no Jedi or Farmboy Luke, Greedo). Considering that the line will get pretty expansive right off the bat, and the high price point, I'm much less inclined to jump in than I was originally. I'll still try to nab the SDCC Boba on HTS as a "test" of sorts. If I like the Boba, I'll selectively pick up some wide release figs. I definitely won't be buying them all like I initially thought.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 11:06 AM »
Okay... so a Slave Leia coming out before a ANH Leia?  Hasbro said they wanted to do the iconic figures and to me ANH Leia is more iconic... and especially before a Vader??

I'm excited about Greedo though it is surprising since Hasbro said at Toy Fair that they weren't going to do 'background' characters right away.  Greedo fits that role somewhat even though he has a speaking role and on camera with Han for a few minutes before Han shoots first.

I think "iconic" is a fairly subjective measure.  I'm with you - if someone brings up Leia I go right to the white dress first, but I'd argue that Jabba's Slave costume is far more popular.  Look at how many women wear that to conventions versus the long white dress.  I think the Slave Outfit will sell as well or better than the ANH Leia, so in that respect it's a great choice.  They didn't start with Tatooine Luke either - I think those original costumes have less flare than some of the outfits used in later movies.

As for bacground characters, I don't really trust anything Hasbro says anymore.  They were going to release B-A-D figures, then didn't, they weren't honest about distribution problems, they blame collectors for lack of sales, and on and on.  Ever since the Comic Book line featuring a 10th round of repacks was cancelled due to "lack of support from the collecting community" I've found Hasbro to be about as accurate as the local weather guy.  Greedo may not have a bir presence, but you could probably make that argument for Fett too versus C3P0, Lando, Chewie, etc.

I really like the mix they are bringing to this line - can't wait to see photos of the new waves!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 11:35 AM »
Greedo may not have a bir presence, but you could probably make that argument for Fett too versus C3P0, Lando, Chewie, etc.

True.  Hasbro can't just immediately make all the big characters and then work on background or fan-fave characters.  Interest would just go down once they make Jar Jar.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 01:03 PM »
Not crazy about the line up, still doing only OT but may cherry pick even among that.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 08:50 PM »
Although I would prefer ANH Leia as well, I can see why this version would get the attention early on too.  With all the costuming, pop culture references, etc. to Slave Leia...it could be argued that it is almost as iconic as well.  Plus, I can see them mixing it up.

As for the rest of the lineup (and Greedo in particular), they seem to be setting things up hoping for a longer running line.  As someone who has bought Marvel Legends (as well as DCUC), you often times had to wait several waves (even years worth) to complete teams, or even get to some of the more well known characters.  If they front loaded the Black Series with ANH Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, 3PO, Vader, Stormie, R2, etc. then it really makes it more difficult for them down the road to come up with popular waves.  I remember with Marvel Legends (back in the Toy Biz days) one of the first waves had Toad in it alongside the likes of Cap, Iron Man, and others.  Toad.  But, they eventually got to them.  I'll admit, ideally I'd like Chewie (to go with Han), 3PO (to go with R2), and Vader right away (Vader is the most surprising wait to me), but I can understand why they are spacing things out.

They also seem to be somewhat spacing it out among the movies too.  Continuing lighter on the prequel stuff, and then taking a couple from each OT movie.  Definitely looking forward to seeing pics of all this though, probably at SDCC I'm guessing.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 09:30 PM »
You know, I'll concede my point on Slave Leia.  It is the 30th Anni of Jedi, so it's Hasbro's way of celebrating the movie.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 10:11 PM »
You know, I'll concede my point on Slave Leia.  It is the 30th Anni of Jedi, so it's Hasbro's way of celebrating the movie.

That would be a great cover story...if Hasbro had actually come up with it instead of you.   ;)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 09:41 AM »

That would be a great cover story...if Hasbro had actually come up with it instead of you.   ;)

That'll be the way I'll look at it.  ;)

Offline Mike Shaeffer

• Youngling
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 11:57 AM »
Really liking this series. The Greedo prototype looked pretty sensational. I just hope I can get my hands on the SDCC exclusive...
Neither Snake nor Wesker, but a perfect combination of the two.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 09:12 AM »
Greedo is an EE exclusive? (as per GH)

Was this always known and I somehow was oblivious?

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy