Author Topic: 6" Black Series Rumors  (Read 87507 times)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Rumors
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2018, 10:00 AM »
What makes the TV show stuff more "needed" than comic book stuff? I'd love Zeb too but not sure he's by definition more important than Aphra other than personal preference
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2018, 10:14 AM »
What makes the TV show stuff more "needed" than comic book stuff? I'd love Zeb too but not sure he's by definition more important than Aphra other than personal preference

Mainly because they already started the Ghost crew off and it would be a jerk move not to complete the set, is the way I see it. If they had never done any in the first place, I def would not be pushing for them over the comic stuff. Honestly even though I loved the show I never wanted realistic versions of those characters to begin with. But since they decided to dip their toes in you might as well commit.

There are just too many core characters out there left to do is all. I'd be happy for them to just focus on the movies for the next few years.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2018, 10:23 AM »
I get that but I think you can make Dooku in two years and he'll sell. Aphra has a smaller window in my opinion. Anyway I'm glad for anything outside the current movies. I like the variety
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:24 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2018, 01:33 PM »
I'm thinking that Ezra and Chopper might be some sort of a deluxe set.

Agreed on this. It will be a new $30 assortment, with a case packout of 3x Grievous, 1x Ezra/Chopper. Brace for it.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 5, 2018, 02:04 PM »
So there's no EE exclusive 6" Black Series figure announcement? Or is it still coming? Everytime I log onto their site that crazy ass counter says something different.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: January 7, 2019, 10:44 AM »
NEW 6″ BLACK SERIES FIGURES Rumors at Yakface...

Hints:
1. Two are Original Trilogy era characters
2. One is a Prequel era character
3. None are droids
4. None are aliens
5. One is from Revenge of the Sith
6. One is from A New Hope
7. All three are male characters
8. Two are from the Rebel Alliance
9. None are Sith
10. One is Luke
11. One is a clone
12. One is a pilot

Nice to see them wedge a new pilot into the 6" line...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 7, 2019, 04:30 PM »
I see what you did there.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 7, 2019, 10:08 PM »
Everyone seems to think the Clone is Bacara. I don't care much either way but that seems like sort of an obscure choice to me.

Endor/Yavin Luke and Wedge/Biggs don't excite me much either. Dagobah Luke would be ok since my ESB shelf is so sparsely populated compared to the others.

Weird aliens and droids is more my bag I guess.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 8, 2019, 08:40 AM »
There's a lot to go on there, but plenty of ways for it to get interpreted.

ROTS Clone:  There are plenty that fit the bill.  I'm kind of wondering if the pilot hint could also apply here, but I don't think it does (who really wants a 6" TBS Clone Pilot Oddball?)  The Clone troopers that come to mind after that would be...
-212th Airborne Trooper
-Galactic Marine
-41st Elite Trooper (Kashyyyk troopers)
-Clone Commander Bly
-Clone Commander Bacara
-Clone Commander Neyo

Given what has been made before?  I would lean towards the Kashyyyk trooper, which could be paired with the previously released Commander Gree.  After that, maybe the Clone Airborne Trooper since Cody and a 212th Clone have also been released, as has ROTS Obi-Wan and Grievous is on the way, too.  Hasbro seems to like releasing some of these figures along the lines of a theme and those tend to work.  As for the Commanders like Bacara, Bly or Neyo?  They're interesting as Clones go, but none of the related Jedi or Clone Troopers have been released yet.  But then Hasbro could go and surprise us and start releasing PT Jedi since they've exhausted a lot of OT characters.

As for the others?  I think there's only a few options.  Luke is probably either the Yavin ceremony version or a Dagobah training figure.  Again, with a theme in mind?  I'm leaning towards a Dagobah training Luke.  Especially since Hasbro will be re-releasing Yoda in the Black Series Archive.  Getting that figure back in circulation around the same time as a Dagobah Luke release makes some sense.

And then there's a pilot.  Notably a Rebel from ANH.  In that case I think it's probably either Wedge Antilles or Biggs Darklighter.  Those seem like the most obvious choices that aren't Luke. 

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #174 on: January 8, 2019, 08:48 AM »
It’s not Bacara.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 8, 2019, 09:16 AM »
I'm gonna guess Commander Kagi/Shocktrooper
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 8, 2019, 10:44 AM »
I'm gonna guess Commander Kagi/Shocktrooper

IIRC Commander Kagi was a pilot.  And we got a Shocktrooper in that Order 66 4-pack.

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 6, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Not a complaint, just an observation but looking at the announced figures for this year (2019), and outside of the Archive sublime there is very little coming from the OT. Granted, most of the non "new media" figures since the line launched have been OT based, and I think a lot of collectors were looking for more attention for the prequels anyway. Just funny the sort of complete switch they are going with, instead of just balancing the line more. I think outside of exclusives (Target Luke Stormtrooper), and the Archive line (Fett, Bossk, IG, Luke, Yoda, Scout), it us all either prequel based or Disney era stuff (so far).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2019, 12:11 PM »
There seems to be some well founded speculation that Hasbro may offer a TESB 40th Anniversary line.  And considering the fact that the 6" TBS 40AC sub-line did well in 2017, you have to wonder if Hasbro will revisit the concept in 2020.  Especially given some of the not so blatant hints in the recent Fan's Choice Poll.

The 2017 40AC line was limited to 12 general release figures (the classic 12 back lineup), plus R5-D4 as an exclusive.  It has to leave you wondering how Hasbro might approach a similar line dedicated to TESB.

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2019, 08:50 AM »
Prepare to cross 3 more figures off the wanted list later today  ;)

Update: new figures posted  8)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 11:51 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird