Author Topic: New Star Wars Battlefront  (Read 23291 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: New Star Wars Battlefront
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 04:52 PM »
Is it safe to assume that the Endor Rebel jumping on the speeder bike at the end was game play footage?

No, I wouldn't say that is a safe assumption. Even when we gamers see real in-game footage at, say, E3, we are still asses if we assume the final product will look as good. I just hope the console port doesn't suck for PC gamers.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 9, 2014, 10:16 PM »
I hope there will really just be playable Jedi as really there were in the second Battlefront.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 07:57 PM »
Trailer Friday!

The team at DICE is zeroing in on the final details for our appearance at Star Wars™ Celebration and we’re ready to make good on our promise to reveal more details around Star Wars™ Battlefront™.

It has been hard to keep these secrets from the community, but we’re excited to announce that we will be hosting a panel at Celebration on April 17th, kicking off at 10:30AM PT, where we will debut the official reveal trailer for Star Wars Battlefront. Make sure to get to the show early to secure your seat. But that is not all… All attendees will have a chance to see gameplay behind closed doors during the show at our official booth along with a few other activities starting that Friday.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:17 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 01:57 PM »
Panel going on now... apparently preordering gets you Battle of Jakku DLC.

Following along with the StarWars.com Live Blog...

- OFFICIAL TRAILER ON YOUTUBE (not real game footage)
- November 17 release date
- Special "Stormtrooper" PS4/Battlefront combo will be available
- Preorder gets you Battle of Jakku DLC one week early
- Battle of Jakku DLC will be FREE otherwise
- Gameplay will have 1st and 3rd person viewpoints, can switch between both
- NO space battles, but vehicles can be used on planets
- NO PREQUEL TRILOGY CONTENT
- Planets can be "fully explored"
- Final planet in the trailer is Sullust!
- 20 player vs 20 player battles
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 02:14 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 11:09 AM »
Polygon: Star Wars Battlefront's Deluxe Edition has gorgeous box art and Han Solo's blaster

For $69.99 (currently $69.96 on Amazon), those who purchase the Deluxe Edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will get the following, according to its product listing:
  • Made famous by Han Solo, the DL-44 is the blaster of choice for scoundrels across the universe.
  • Inflict more damage on enemy vehicles with the Ion Grenade.
  • The Ion Torpedo locks on to and delivers extra damage to your opponents’ vehicles.
  • Get electrified with the Ion Shock emote, available exclusively in the Deluxe Edition.
  • Celebrate your win in style and pump your fist in the air with the exclusive Victory emote.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 05:01 PM »
I just watched the new Battlefront video that features what appears to be gameplay footage.  OMG does it no justice.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 05:05 PM »
The co-op one blew my fragile mind.

The rebel soldier designs are all kinda good too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 09:10 AM »
The new Battlefront trailer is just CRAZY!!!!!!!!  It's making me want a PS4 in a bad way!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 05:55 PM »
heard a rumor that this game is predominately Co-OP and has serious lack of missions. Can someone validate? ???

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 07:03 PM »
I enjoyed the Beta well enough, but honestly it didn't feel any better as far as FPS games go than really anything else out there like Titanfall, HALO or COD.  If anything it had a lil too much COD feeling to it where, unless you play COD religiously and without much of a life, be prepared for 12 y/o's to own you all day long.  :D  Visually it's stunning but most games are so I'm not swayed there.  It'll be the balance of the gameplay, to me, that makes me like it or love it.  I liked the Beta, but wasn't blown away.  Frankly it was annoying at times.

Titanfall puts a better balance in gameplay I've found, and wish more games tried to be that way.  Even online, you can get somewhere without feeling like you're only alive for a few seconds after each respawn. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2015, 09:31 AM »
So I bought a Xbox One just for Battlefront last week, and finally got it hooked up to Live over the weekend and have been playing essentially ever since haha.

It takes some time to get used to since this isn't like every other first person shooter... the weapons have unlimited ammo but you can only fire a certain amount before the guns overheat. It's essentially a "run and gun" game and you can't really hide and camp anywhere, instead having to use cover to recharge and regroup.

It's also more fun if you have friends playing... I've been playing rounds with a group of people from another forum I post on and various modes are a lot more fun when you can travel in packs, defend each other, and warn everybody else where enemies are coming from over the microphone.

My favorite mode is probably "Walker Assault" where the Rebels have to destroy AT-AT walkers.

I'd say play until you get to Level 15, as you unlock a "Scout" trait which hides your movements from the radar. In addition, all the better weapons begin to unlock like that rifle Boba Fett uses. I bought the Deluxe edition so I'm using the DL-44 since I find myself in close quarters most of the time, and it's designed as a 1-2 shot kill weapon. I'd prefer to stay back and snipe but it's pretty tough to do so.

Also when playing as heroes, pick ANYONE but Palpatine. Quite possibly the worst character in the game. He only uses Force Lightning as a weapon, and it's good against groups of enemies in hallways but other than that he's defenseless and worthless.

And yes, it's largely co-op and single player is virtually non-existent unless you want to play against the computer. I agree with Jesse that they need to add more maps soon. The ones they have now aren't bad, but they will get old very quickly. Another gripe... I wish you could select the map yourself or vote on it ala Halo. Everything is randomly selected in game, and if you were a Rebel the first mission, you're Imperial the next, and vice versa.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 4, 2016, 10:43 PM »
I actually got now only the game for Christmas.  It's awesome but multiplayer is kind of hard as heck.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 5, 2016, 10:23 AM »
I actually got now only the game for Christmas.  It's awesome but multiplayer is kind of hard as heck.

It's hard for anyone over 30 to play mulitplayer since you get your ass handed to you within five seconds of spawning by some ten year old punk. My son tried it any took control of he game very quickly. If your good at call of duty, your good at this.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: January 5, 2016, 10:49 AM »
We got the PS4 Battlefront bundle for Christmas. (thanks, Santa!)

I haven't had a chance to play the online stuff yet, but my sons and I have been having a blast just playing the co-op missions and the versus stuff.  Fun game so far, though I think my 9-year olds are already better than I am at the game after only a week. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 6, 2016, 10:21 PM »

It's hard for anyone over 30 to play mulitplayer since you get your ass handed to you within five seconds of spawning by some ten year old punk. My son tried it any took control of he game very quickly. If your good at call of duty, your good at this.

But still an enjoyable game indeed nonetheless.