Author Topic: Recent purchases  (Read 52512 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #45 on: October 6, 2014, 02:41 PM »
All pretty solid figures.  Lando especially...  Evazan too is quite a dandy upgrade.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 7, 2014, 02:14 PM »
Bought a Snowtrooper Commander from Jeff, then I stopped by TRU after a meeting and found some Wave 5. No Ree Yees, but I got Doallyn, Vader and a second Snowy and Wedge because it was a BOGO so why not.

This pretty much catches me up for the year, but I still need to track down some older figures like Bespin Vader and Pablo Jill that were either rare here or I just kept passing on until they disappeared.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 9, 2014, 12:18 PM »
I picked up the TBS ROTS Vader and Snowspeeder Wedge this morning, as well as the ROTS Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter.  The BOGO deal at TRU certainly was a help.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2014, 12:32 PM »
Stopped by a TRU while on the other side of town and found another few cases of Wave 4/5. Picked up Ree Yees and also the Rebels 2 (3?) pack just because the BOGO is still going on.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2014, 04:45 PM »
Stopped by a TRU last night searching for LEGO deals and ended up grabbing a second Malgus (have the TVC version) and second Starkiller to display the alternate gear.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 1, 2015, 04:02 PM »
I stopped at WM today and they must've just put out a case because they had two of the droids, a Malgus, a Starkiller, etc. We got Starkiller for my "son" for Christmas, and so I got Malgus today. Nice looking figure.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: January 5, 2015, 09:28 PM »
I got what may have been the last Scanner Tech 2-pack for Xmas. :P  It was like 40% off clearance price too, which is nice.  Heads swap nicely too, to other figures.

Not a very Star Wars year, but I got some awesome other stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 6, 2015, 10:59 AM »
I stopped at WM today and they must've just put out a case because they had two of the droids, a Malgus, a Starkiller, etc. We got Starkiller for my "son" for Christmas, and so I got Malgus today. Nice looking figure.

I didn't know WM still carried 3 3/4 inch figures. None of mine have shelf space for them and haven't for more than a year.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2015, 11:32 PM »
Picked up a bunch of Biggs on clearance at Amazon and to my shock he is a perfect fit for the AT-ST Pilot heads (K-Mart sets), of which I have about 3 billion of them sitting here, even some unopened I think.  Fell into some fun pilot headswapping with that.

The AT-ST guy heads don't fit on much I'd found, then this, so I'm happy.  I'll do headcasts for the headless AT-ST guys then I guess down the road.  Overall a goofy good day in a way.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2015, 09:17 AM »

I didn't know WM still carried 3 3/4 inch figures. None of mine have shelf space for them and haven't for more than a year.

I see that too. There is no shelf space dedicated to 3 3/4 in figures even the 5pos stuff.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2015, 02:19 PM »
Capping an unbelievably lucky series of lunch hour toy runs, I found a fresh case of the new Black Series guys at TRU today. I grabbed both Rexes, both Wolffes, and the lone Doom. Definitely going to need another Doom to open, I love the vivid color scheme, hokey or not.

Best part was they all rang up for $9.99 each still...power to the people!   ;)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2015, 10:27 AM »
Picked up Dutch, Chewie and an INC from TRU. These are definitely the last to go.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2015, 10:17 AM »
Well, I had an adventure yesterday. Did my first extended toy run in ages. Sadly, all I came up with from the 3.75 line is one Cmdr Doom at Target. But, here's what really bothered me:

Hit my first TRU, nada. Asked them to check the stockroom which they did with no fuss. Still nada. The manager asked if he could check other stores for me. "Heck, yeah!" I said. Porter Ranch TRU, a very nice store, was supposed to have 16 on hand. Knew it wasn't R5's because I had been there a few days before. They were empty. I raced over there. Nothing. Not even shelf space for them. Brought a picture of the UPC I snapped at the previous TRU, asked them to look at the counter. "Yep, computer says we have 16." They called a guy to look. He came out. Here's what the deal is with this store:

Last case of black series 3.75 they got was December of 2014. The 16 in the system were stolen and never purged for the system. Because of the high incident of theft with the line, they decided they wouldn't carry it.

I know that this is just one item in a store of thousands, but how this can get handled in such a half-assed way with management continuing to retain positions in the company is just sad.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 1, 2015, 04:43 PM »
I know it's a Rebels figure, but does anyone still need Chopper?  Hit me up if you really can't find him.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2015, 09:42 AM »
I bought 2 Commander Thorns and a spare Commander Doom off HTS yesterday. I would have gotten Mosep too but he sold out in like 5 seconds.   :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy