Author Topic: Recent purchases  (Read 52497 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2017, 11:18 PM »
I picked up a couple Jyn's for custom fodder, an Ackbar, an Ahsoka...  I'm gonna bide my time on Finn's, Han, Leia...  those are in mass quantity.  Wish they had POe.  I'd have gone nutty buying that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2017, 04:20 PM »
I managed to pick up a couple of First Order Stormtroopers today.  Glad to see those at the $5.84 price point,  although I would gladly trade them Scarif Stormtroopers. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:21 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2017, 05:14 PM »
I haven't seen those in a while.  I was happy to have some Jyn's available but wish there were a mountain of Scarrif Troopers and Death Troopers of course. 

Can't say I'm all boned up over royal guards like some people are.  I didn't realize it was a 3.75" representation of Christ.  It's nice and all, but I saw ample of them routinely this past year.  I'm pretty content on him now.

Now just get those Rogue One Troopers out in absurd numbers since the Scarrif never even hit here.  That whole 2nd wave was non-existent.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2017, 07:05 PM »
I personally like the Royal Guard quite a bit.  The character does effectively nothing in the films except stand there.... and get taken out in the blink of an eye by Yoda in ROTS.  But they're cool to army build for that ROTJ Emporer's arrival diorama.  I think the EU details that Hasbro worked into the figure are also very cool if you're a Crimson Empire fan, right down to the Kir Kanos likeness.

But I agree... I would absolutely LOVE to find Scarif Stormtroopers in abundance.  Especially with this current markdown.  I already got my fill on the Deathtroopers.  I think I got 6 and that was enough for me.  They're unique to ROGUE ONE and they deployed in very small units, so I don't feel the need to go all out with army building those.  But the Scarif Troopers are another deal.  And FWIW, I never saw that wave in the wild.  I got mine online from Walmart.com.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2017, 07:09 PM »
Found a First Order Stormtrooper for under $6 and got him. Never had one until now, wasn't up for paying $13 for the bad paint ops I saw over a year ago. Decent figure...but suffer that inability to sit like a human.  And yeah, the eye paint is a bit off on mine.

Strange all the Ackbar's sold weeks ago. Leia, Han, Finn and Lando are mostly what's left. One cruddy Vader.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2017, 10:12 AM »
I know they are controversial, but I ordered a set of 5 Titanium Black Series figures from ToysRUs.com

I haven't had much luck finding ANYTHING lately, so might as well cross something off the list easily...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: May 9, 2017, 01:23 AM »
Seeing people finding the last wave of RO figs again and at $6.  It's killing me.  At this point I'd just like ONE Scarrif Trooper haha.  I really hope a flood gate of these opens but man I'm skeptical.  And now repacks?  Ugh.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 9, 2017, 09:18 PM »
I keep holding out hope too but my stores either haven't stocked since Force Friday or are clogged with Finn, Endor Han, and General Leia. I only ever saw the Ackbar/Lando repack wave at an out of town Walmart.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 7, 2017, 01:10 PM »
I found this ultra rare variant over the weekend. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: November 7, 2017, 07:16 PM »
I have my issues with some custom sellers anyway.  This kinda stuff just enhances it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 7, 2017, 07:55 PM »
You're just jealous that YOU didn't find this million dollar variant.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: November 7, 2017, 09:06 PM »
Oh yeah totally...  I mean the invisi Trooper in leotard has been on my wishlist since I first didn't see him.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 8, 2017, 11:39 PM »
LOL.

"I bought this for my son and didn't notice it was missing a head and hands." - scammer

"Sure whatever." wal-mart drone.

Djas Phur torso on....a comic pack Vader? With clone trooper weapons?

Customizer found ways to unload those "parts lots" you see on ebay! I hate those. "Heay, a cheap loose figure lot...oh, it's garbage  :(."

« Last Edit: November 8, 2017, 11:40 PM by Scockery »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2017, 08:41 PM »
Found the big display at a local WM. Finally found a couple Death Troopers. Now if I could find Cassian and some Shoretroopers...
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2017, 09:41 PM »
Hadn’t heard those shipping with the rogue one wave