Author Topic: Pacific Rim Toys  (Read 25240 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Pacific Rim Toys
« on: June 28, 2013, 09:22 AM »
Saw these at TRU yesterday for the first time and ended up picking up the lot. (Crimson Typhoon, Gipsy Danger, and Knifehead) They were only $15 a piece and I had a coupon for $5 off, so what the hell. I can always return them if buyer's remorse sets in, but so far I feel pretty damn good about the purchase. I don't think these will be sold many places and may disappear quickly. Plus I just think the movie looks all kinds of awesome.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pacific Rim Toys
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 09:20 AM »
Saw pictures of Wave 2 from SDCC last night. Eureka Striker looked terrific, and Leatherback is HUGE! Good luck getting him on a card. Was really hoping we would get a confirmation of Wave 3 this weekend though. Fingers crossed. Cherno Alpha or bust!

They also showed a gigantic Gipsy Danger, at least a foot high if not more, very impressive. Have not heard what this is or if/when it is being released though.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 12:54 PM »
I think they're doing an 18" Gipsy Danger.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 08:46 PM »
I think they're doing an 18" Gipsy Danger.

E...

Yeah, I saw it on eBay last night, from some seller in Denmark of all places. The thing looks awesome. I wonder what the MSRP will be here in the states.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 09:37 PM »
Confirmation via Twitter last week that we are getting Cherno Alpha in Wave 3!  ;D

Sounds like Coyote Tango may be joining him. No word on which Kaiju will round out the wave, not Otachi though.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 06:55 PM »
I was in TRU on Saturday and completely forgot to look for the Pacific Rim toys! Argh!  Good chance they wouldn't have had them anyway, but I just saw this thread and now I'm pissed at myself.

I wouldn't mind having a Gipsy Danger figure, I like the design.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 08:58 PM »
I was in TRU on Saturday and completely forgot to look for the Pacific Rim toys! Argh!  Good chance they wouldn't have had them anyway, but I just saw this thread and now I'm pissed at myself.

I wouldn't mind having a Gipsy Danger figure, I like the design.

E...

EE has a pre-order listing up for the 18" Gipsy Danger figure, I believe it is $89.99.

The smaller battle-damaged version with chain sword is also coming in Wave 2 which is expected to ship late August/early September.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 8, 2013, 01:53 PM »
Score! I picked up all of wave 2 between two different toys r us' (the first did not have Leatherback so I had to travel across town). Price has gone up to $16.99 now but they are all incredible figures. Happy hunting to anyone interested!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 11:01 AM »
I went outside the 7" scale and placed an order for the 18" Gipsy Danger from TRU.com. I also pre-ordered the upcoming 18" Knifehead. Display space will probably be an issue for these big figures, but I couldn't resist the temptation of having some GIANT figures "fighting" on a shelf.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 11:17 AM »
Nice, I have been seeing pictures of a larger scale Knifehead but wasn't sure if it was just a re-do of the Wave 1 figure.

I am definitely down for the 18" stuff too, but am hoping to get these in person, rather than shipped. Seems like shipping would be a lot.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 11:29 AM »
Nice, I have been seeing pictures of a larger scale Knifehead but wasn't sure if it was just a re-do of the Wave 1 figure.

I am definitely down for the 18" stuff too, but am hoping to get these in person, rather than shipped. Seems like shipping would be a lot.

There are two larger Knifeheads coming. One is 18" scale, and the other is an all-new & bigger 7" scale with added articulation and battle damage. I guess the previous 7" figure was too small in relation to the Jaegers, hence the update.

As for shipping on 18" figs it is steep. I think BBTS charged $18 or $24 on Knifehead, but luckily they have the pile of loot feature. TRU had free shipping on Gipsy. I also grabbed a GI Joe figure, and was able to take advantage of a $15 off coupon because of that.

Offline dave in the basement

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 2, 2013, 12:04 PM »
Where are you guys buying these, online or brick and mortar? I have yet to see these at my local TRU.

I don't necessarily need the lowest price, but I don't want to drop $35 at Amazon and find out I could have gotten the same item for $25 on BBTS.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 2, 2013, 12:27 PM »
I have found both of the first two waves at the local brick and mortar TRU. They are located in the Neca section, near the Expendables, McFarlane Sports figs, Hobbit stuff, Walking Dead stuff, Robocop stuff, etc. That aisle has become my first stop even before Star Wars.

They sell out VERY quickly here though so you may just be looking for a shelf tag.

I'm not sure if our TRU will stock the 18" figures or not. I have been hoping so but may have to resort to buying them online. Seems like they would want those out on the floor in time for the holidays but who knows.

Good luck! They are great figures, hope you can find them!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 09:47 PM »
I was finally ready to cave and order the 18" Gipsy Danger off TRU.com with the current 15% off deal only to find they have totally removed the listing from their website. And no way to preorder Knifehead either.  ???

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 08:50 AM »
they have a 2nd production run up for pre-order for the 18" GD at BBTS:  http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12212&mode=retail

Knifehead preorder is sold out