Author Topic: Pacific Rim Toys  (Read 25331 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pacific Rim Toys
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Finally got lucky and snagged Cherno Alpha from TRU.com when he was in stock today, and by using that 20% off coupon included with their spring catalog it brought the price down to a more palatable $19.99. Happy to be done with the wave, although now that I've ordered them all online I'll probably see the lot this weekend at TRU. Would be fine with me, I would't mind an extra Cherno to open.

:)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2014, 08:49 PM »
Weird stuff going on with this line at TRU's website...first they jacked up the price on all of them by about $3 each and then they took Cherno And Trespasser off completely. I'm sure they will re-appear at some point but I'm glad I got mine when I did, looking more and more doubtful these will show up in-store.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2014, 04:47 PM »
TRU.com is doing some crazy stuff for sure.  Some figures going for double what they should - holo chair suit engineer from Prometheus.  And then not listing all the figures from certain lines - ie 1 out of the 3 new Mogwai figures

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2014, 09:03 AM »
Yeah, i noticed that random Holo Chair Engineer too, weird as they never sold that in any of their retail stores. (Nor to my knowledge did the ever sell the 18" Gypsy Danger in stores)

I'm just glad I ordered this stuff online...wonder if NECA will comment about this at some point via Twitter.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2014, 09:03 AM »
Some interesting news to share about this line...I had talked to the manager of our local TRU about these recently and when I walked into the store yesterday he saw me and told me they had a case in the back, but they weren't supposed to put them out for some reason. I had him check the computer and apparently these were marked to be put out by a non-TRU rep (??). I guess apparently they aren't always allowed to stock their own stuff?

Anyway, after a few minutes he confirmed they rang up fine and there was no technical contraint to selling them, so I walked out with a brand new Cherno Alpha.  ;D

Best part was I had a $5 Rewards coupon that was about to expire so I got it for $17. First figure I have ever opened from this line (this is an extra, still have a boxed one too) and it is really nice. Makes a hell of a paperweight!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2014, 02:44 PM »
Saw a HUGE display of the newest wave this morning at TRU...they must have had 5-6 of each Jaeger and nearly as many Kaiju. So beautiful...

Alas, I have them all already and my spare Cherno, so I left emptyhanded, but it was a nice vote of confidence in the line to have bumped it up, the previous waves only hit 2 cases deep at most.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 1, 2014, 09:00 AM »
Saw the Pacific Rim display at my local TRU yesterday.  WOW, I can't believe how aggressively they're going with this line.  Although I think the source material really has provided some good fodder for a toy line.

The big surprise?  Just how much bigger the packages are for the Kaiju.  They are enormous!  If my collecting budget weren't so tight I would seriously consider getting into this line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 1, 2014, 10:13 AM »
I just did get into this line.  :)
The two Jaegers and two Kaiju from the latest wave just arrived from TRU.com, and I have a Leatherback coming tomorrow. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 1, 2014, 07:59 PM »
Welcome aboard Neal!  :)

Yeah, they are fantastic toys and it's absolutely not too late to jump in...they will be re-issuing the previous Jaegers in 2-packs soon so you won't have to sweat paying too much for the ones you might have missed on the secondary market.

I am eagerly awaiting news of who will be in the next wave besides Scunner. And any news on the 18" Knifehead due out soon...

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 2, 2014, 09:34 AM »
I've already placed preorders for the reissue of Crimson Typhoon and Striker Eureka, and for Scunner.  I'll wait for the new version of Gypsy Danger to come out.  I feel that should pretty much catch me up.
And I agree ... they really are fantastic toys.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2014, 09:39 PM »
That SDCC exclusive 3-pack with the all-black Jaegers from the ending credits is a must have, I shudder to think of the secondary market prices on this though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 3, 2014, 07:43 PM »
TRU just put up the new 18" Knifehead on their website. I went and pre-ordered one for $150. (Free shipping at least)

Estimated ship date is 6/17, so that is not long at all. Can't wait for this bad boy!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 3, 2014, 07:49 PM »
TRU just put up the new 18" Knifehead on their website. I went and pre-ordered one for $150. (Free shipping at least)

Estimated ship date is 6/17, so that is not long at all. Can't wait for this bad boy!

I noticed the Knifehead was up last week, but didn't really think anything of it. I have one on pre-order with BBTS, which is cheaper than TRU even with shipping once sales tax is factored in. If TRU drops a 20% off coupon in the next week or so, I will cancel my BBTS order in a heartbeat. I don't mind paying retail price for a big item, but a discount is always nice.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2014, 09:55 PM »
Got my shipping notification from TRU for 18" Knifehead.  8)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2014, 09:45 AM »
Knifehead arrived yesterday...nearly 20" of awesome!

Can't wait to see pictures of the upcoming Cherno Alpha in this scale...