Author Topic: Pacific Rim Toys  (Read 25244 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Pacific Rim Toys
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2014, 08:57 AM »
yeah they will probably be shipping closer to the end of the month so they will probably hit retail in March I would think

As for any more Jaegers?  Not sure.  Randy has hinted at wanting to re-do Gypsy Danger already...

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 11:58 AM »
As for any more Jaegers?  Not sure.  Randy has hinted at wanting to re-do Gypsy Danger already...

Bleh, I hate the frequent repaints/rehashes/retools that Neca does for certain characters/figures. The helmeted/unhelmeted variations of Aliens Marines and Predators really soured me on those lines. I was alright with the Gipsy Danger repaint as it was significantly different and had the cool sword attachments, but if Neca just makes more releases along those lines (new attachments and/or deco) I'll lose interest in this line fast.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2014, 07:22 PM »
I am thinking they were actually debating redoing the whole sculpt - they made it sound like they thought they could do a lot better after accomplishing what they have accomplished with series 3

Also, I just saw NECA updated their shipping calendar:  Kaiju will ship out 2/13/14  and Jaegers will ship out 2/21/14

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 11:11 AM »
Saw the Twitpic on Neca's feed last night with the latest Pacific Rim toys from TF. Pretty much looked like Wave 3 plus the 18" Knifehead. Anyone know if any other teasers were revealed? Maybe a Wave 4 or additional 18"?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Watched a cool YouTube interview with one of the Neca guys from Toy Fair and he revealed that not only will there be a Wave 4 with an all new and improved Gipsy Danger sculpt, but that they are already working on the next 18" figure - Cherno Alpha!!!

Just super psyched about this news, we've already gotten way more out of this line than I expected too, and this latest news is just sweet icing on the cake.  :)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 03:30 PM »
TRU.com put Coyote Tango up this morning....I waited awhile to see if they would add Cherno but finally went ahead and put in my order. Yes!

I probably should have waited on these to hit retail but I was jonesing to spend some dough and I can always get my money back later if I need to, I'm fairly sure.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 1, 2014, 10:26 PM »
I finally opened up the 18" Gipsy Danger last night. What an incredible figure! I can't wait for the upcoming Knifehead.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 3, 2014, 10:33 AM »
Battle Damaged Knifehead went up on TRU.com this morning...order placed.  8)

$29.99 though, yikes, that is a 100% mark-up from the first go-around. Wonder if they will be the same price in stores...

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 3, 2014, 02:16 PM »
Battle Damaged Knifehead went up on TRU.com this morning...order placed.  8)

$29.99 though, yikes, that is a 100% mark-up from the first go-around. Wonder if they will be the same price in stores...

The Kaiju are in a separate more expensive assortment now, but they are much larger than the previous Knifehead figure. I think the SRP is around $25 though, so TRU did add a mark-up as usual.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 3, 2014, 04:31 PM »
Yeah, I figured there would be a bump with the larger size, and even with the Jaegers since they are adding more features, articulation etc. I just wasn't sure they would end up.

I don't mind paying the TRU mark-up, seeing as how nowhere else around here gets these, I was just hoping the online and in-store prices were in synch, they generally are, but I'm not sure when/if I will ever see these at retail to compare.

Either way though, I'm not concerned if I overpaid a bit, these things have a good secondary market value from what I've observed.

Coyote Tango is sold out already BTW, so I'm glad I didn't wait on that. Wish they would have put Trespasser up along with Knifehead though so I could have gotten free shipping with this latest order. And where's Cherno?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 3, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Seems like TRU is putting them up one at a time. My BBTS pre-order came in-stock today, so hopefully I will have the figure in-hand later this week. I'm excited!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 7, 2014, 04:59 PM »
I got the newest wave in the mail today. All four figures are totally awesome. I love the up-scaled Kaiju. The Jaegers have a lot more articulation and features than the previous figures which caught me by surprise. All four are definitely worth the higher prices.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 7, 2014, 09:27 PM »
I got the newest wave in the mail today. All four figures are totally awesome. I love the up-scaled Kaiju. The Jaegers have a lot more articulation and features than the previous figures which caught me by surprise. All four are definitely worth the higher prices.

Nice! I received my Coyote Tango today from TRU.com and I couldn't agree more! These are just getting better and better. Can't wait for Battle Damaged Knifehead to arrive....(prays he intercepts box before wife).  :P

I saw TRU also finally put up Trespasser on their site this morning, but I went ahead and ordered one from Amazon since I had some credit leftover there. Pretty much the same price all said and done.

Now I just need Cherno Alpha. Amazon is totally sold out of these except for insanely priced 3rd party sellers, and TRU.com has yet to put them up, so fingers crossed. Still hoping I will see these in stores one day but I'm going to have to be pretty lucky (again), or dedicated.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 8, 2014, 08:02 PM »
I need Crimson Typhoon.  Can anyone help a brotha out?

I got the 4 latest figures stockpiled in my brand new POL at BBTS

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2014, 09:12 PM »
Got my Battle-Damage Knifehead today, and although I really like the re-sculpt, the whole "battle damaged" aspect really didn't come out as well as the promotional shots had me hoping. There's really no glowy. translucent effect with the blood nor any actual sculpted wounds that I can see. Just kinda looks like they slapped some dull blue paint on there and called it a day. For $30, I expected better I guess.

Frigging TRU put Cherno Alpha up on their site for $3 more than Coyote Tango - WTF? To top it off he's never even in stock to order, I got an email notification this afternoon that he was back in but by the time I logged on after work it was already sold out again. Looks like I will have to keep stalking the local store to nab this guy...

Smash - sorry, no extras on Crimson Typhoon, but who knows, they may end up re-doing him too.