Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con 2013!  (Read 16473 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2013!
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2013, 05:03 PM »
3.75" Modern

1995-2013
R.I.P.

:'(

Just how I feel right now is all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2013, 05:15 PM »
I don't think the 3.75" collector line is dead just yet... ...but it does appear to be bleeding pretty badly at the moment. 

Maybe Celebration Europe next week will surprise us and we'll get a bunch of NEW stuff there... I hope.  Please?   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2013, 05:22 PM »
...worse all the time.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2013, 05:23 PM »
They'll show a movie still of Tzizvvt with  "Buzzing in Fall 2014" in bold letters.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2013, 05:25 PM »
Or it'll say, "hahaha *******, we're not making this!"
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2013, 05:26 PM »
3.75" Modern

1995-2013
R.I.P.

Agreed.

Essentially we're gonna be getting what was planned for Droid Factory and that's about it.

Sad.

And I know it was blurry, but it REALLY angers me that the Maul w/Mando legs we're getting is in the crappy 5POA style.

EDIT: Just got a look at that Darth Maul - what a huge F-U to collectors. Exactly what "collection" do you put him in? He doesn't fit in with your animated style Clone Wars figures and looks ridiculous next to the three Vintage-style Clone Wars figures released so far.

I know this is gonna be edited but... you ******* suck Hasbro, you SO ******* suck, it's not even funny at this point, ******* Derryl DeDouchebag needs to go - I hope these ******* pieces of **** rot on the shelves because after all, you've told us all that we collectors don't carry the line, well, I hope kids look at these and say "**** this ****".
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:53 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2013, 05:57 PM »
That was some epic suck!

It'll be back for Episode VII.

Maybe.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2013, 05:58 PM »
So the only Black Series/Vintage Collection products shown that weren't already shown at a previous convention are a Stormtrooper and an incredibly inaccurate 41st Clone Trooper. Pathetic.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2013, 07:41 PM »
just delete this whole thread imo and we can all pretend this never happened....

In other news, I guess Curto is saying wave 3 will be shown next week at CE2

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2013, 08:07 PM »
Hasbro Star Wars Angry Birds has now eaten up 1/2 of the planned 50-min presentation.   
From looking at the pictures over at Sir Steve's it looks like most of that time was of the game itself and not even Hasbro's products.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2013, 08:20 PM »
I tweeted the damn thing and it was worthless for the first 27 minutes. What I don't get is I thought Toy Fair is where they launched "new segment" stuff. Telepods certainly falls in that category. Not to mention that the stuff that would interest collectors isn't coming for another 3-5 months.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Unless they're trying to get this stuff out before Xmas?  Maybe rapid development and stuff?  Just a thought but it's still crap.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2013, 10:21 PM »
3.75" Modern

1995-2013
R.I.P.

I'm almost hoping it shakes out that way.  So far I've resisted the urge to get involved in the 6" line - and if I do, it'll be OT only. 

The idea of collecting 3 3/4" figures for three brand new movies, plus spin-off movies is sort of got me terrified...

And the lack of new product over the last 8 or 10 months has saved me a small fortune.

I would be quite happy with a continued 3 3/4" line that was way scaled back.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2013, 10:46 PM »
Part of me is content that it's come to this. On one hand it's sad, after such a good run, but it was a good run. And I personally love the neo-vintage Saga Legends. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I have become more focused on vintage collecting and these, along with the GG Jumbo Series, are more my speed. I could do without these 4 inch or 6 inch Black Series honestly. Though the 6 inch looks amazing. No doubt about it. Just don't know if the interest is completely there for me to collect another line. Some, sure. I think it will hinge on whether I'm able to get Boba/Carbonite Han. Both have always been high on my favorites list, so if no dice... no dice.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2013, 10:50 PM »
It's saved me too, but the new movies had me excited rather than terrified, and there's still new and updates to older figures I want in 3.75"...

I've always said I'll just go to customizing.  Something I do a lot less of now.  So there's a part of me that'd be fairly "happy" for lack of a better word, but I'd hate to want 3.75" figures to 7,8,9, and any other film they do, and Hasbro just not doing them and abandoning a line that's been 3.75" for many decades now.  That's just wrong to me.

I want something to collect...  and honestly, Wave 2 in November?  I'm not bugged by that.  That's a nice long time to enjoy Wave 1, and hope Wave 1 doesn't "pegwarm" and Wave 2 is well received, and hopefully Wave 3 is pushed to sometime in 2014 then.

I'm ok with that...  spread out, less stuff, just so long as GOOD stuff is still coming out for 3.75" is all.  I don't need 60 figures a year.  I don't need 30 for that matter.  5 a quarter would suit me.

I think people would feel a LOT different though, if things were at 2007 levels of quality and pricing...  Not many "perfect" figures, but the new was everywhere, the innovative was everywhere...  That's gone.

So a sporadic line, some exclusives...  I'm fine.  I think it's what they're offering that's creating so much apathy.