Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con 2013!  (Read 16474 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
San Diego Comic Con 2013!
« on: July 8, 2013, 12:15 PM »
Just over one week away... time to start a thread with the official panel announcement!

Hasbro: Star Wars
Friday July 19, 2013 -  1:00-2:00pm (Pacific)

Members of the Hasbro brand and design team, including Derryl DePriest (VP, global brand marketing), Jeff Labovitz (director, global brand marketing), discuss the popular Hasbro StarWars and Angry Birds Star Wars line. Attendees will also get a sneak peek at upcoming action figures. Derryl, Jeff, and team will also host a Q&A for your burning StarWars action figure questions!

What are you looking forward to most at SDCC2013?  3.75" Black Series Waves 3-4?  More of the Black Series 6" figures?  More "sham-poo bottle" 12" figures? :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego Comic Con 2013!
« Reply #1 on: July 8, 2013, 01:04 PM »
I look forward to seeing their featured SDCC exclusive for the 3 3/4" line.  ::)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 8, 2013, 09:40 PM »
I'm curious for next round of Black Series unconfirmed figures, and if they'll hint at 2014 at all.  Toy Fair feels like a LONG way off.

Besides that, unless there's some groundbreaking Fall exclusives, tough to call right now what I'd "expect" if anything...  Fall exclusives is about all there is hope for right?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 8, 2013, 10:32 PM »
  More "sham-poo bottle" 12" figures? :P

I'm hoping for Sham-Plo Koon and Sham Solo. Dare I say, a Sham-Po Nudo?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 8, 2013, 11:37 PM »
I doubt we'll see much more than we already know about.

We might see a third wave of 3.75" Black Series and we'll probably see next waves of the 5POA Legends single figures and mission packs. Maybe a 2nd wave of the Class II vehicles. There are no Class I vehicles anymore and we already know about the three K-Mart exclusives.

I will be seriously surprised if there is anything else on the horizon. Maybe one or two more exclusives, but that's probably about it. I can't imagine that Target won't have at least one or two more - maybe more Vintage 3-packs, and I'm sure TRU will have something this coming fall. But that's about it - we already know what K-Mart's three exclusives are this year and so far, IMHO they lead the pack on best exclusives.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 9, 2013, 08:27 AM »
I can't imagine that Target won't have at least one or two more -

FIELDS OF NABOO.

LOLZ.

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 9, 2013, 05:41 PM »
Certainly would like to see more of both Black series. Wonder if the rumoured snowtrooper commander and Vizam re -sculpt will make an appearance -also Toryn far and a new Yoda? but maybe these are a way off.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 9, 2013, 07:33 PM »
Even if we don't see them, I'd be happy to hear what's confirmed/slotted for later in the line.

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 03:00 AM »
Whatever they announce I hope it's a little less bland. I find the first two waves very dull.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 09:43 AM »
I hope to see the Darth Plagueis figure there.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:43 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 10:10 AM »
Can't see anything more surprising than last years speedebike. Does Walmart and Target sell Star Wars vehicles anymore anyway? TPM really struck a fatal blow to this line.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 10:38 AM »
I'm really puzzled about what we might see.  Although it might be nice to have some surprises at long last.

I think we're coming to the end of this really big transition period.  The line needed to rest and reset following the Clone Wars run.  And we're now going to get what Hasbro has been saying they want to do:  a kids oriented line, and a distinctly different collectors line.

I think the vehicle line is clearly going to suffer.  But on that issue, Hasbro covered a lot of ground ever since 2002.  I suspect things might pick back up for the vehicle line come Q3 of 2014 as the promotional leadup to Episode VII starts to build.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 02:17 PM »
I agree about the vehicles and that's a shame. I find the constant resculpts tiresome, but there were still A LOT of cool designs they could have produced from the Clone Wars seres - the Mando fighters, the Z-95's, the Jedi T-6 Shuttle, etc. I would love to see some of these come out in the future.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 03:53 PM »
If the only GOOD vehicles we ever got were exclusives I'd probably be ok so long as Amazon-ish prices aren't the norm.  The speederbikes awesome but everyone seemed to agree that it and most of TRUs prices are a tad outrageous or at least a little high for what they are.  Thankfully they do sales and coupons.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 09:41 AM »
I see that Rebelscum has posted a pre-Preview Night gallery.

Not a lot of new stuff in there, but some better looks at the Kmart 2-packs and some of the vehicles.

Hasbro also has some of the "missing" Droid Factory figures on display - Sandtrooper, FA-7, Utapau Clone, TIE Pilot, Geonosian, and TC-70.  I guess that means they are coming in some form or another (Black Series Wave 3 maybe?).  Didn't see realistic Capt Rex, A-Wing Pilot, or Mace Windu in there though. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:36 PM by Scott »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender