Author Topic: No Sideshow SDCC Exclusives  (Read 2794 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
No Sideshow SDCC Exclusives
« on: June 30, 2013, 06:12 PM »
Anyone else disappointed no 12 inch Star Wars exclusive this year? I buy very very few of these anymore but always enjoy seeing cool exclusives. Not sure what it says about Sideshow?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: No Sideshow SDCC Exclusives
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 09:11 PM »
I'm fine with it. The easier it is to get their product the better. Nothing worse than having to be a part of a special club (Gentle Giant) or being on site (Hallmark) in order to secure con exclusives.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2013, 01:55 AM »
I'm with Jayson...  exclusives, at this point, are played out to me...  Only because in recent years, and especially SDCC, they're almost impossible to obtain without going.  And SDCC is almost impossible to attend for many it seems.

I know some people are of the opinion "Well you're not entitled to it..." blah blah blah.  However I view exclusives as alienation of collectors...  SDCC's much easier to attend if you live on the West Coast, but even then it's a pain to get into.  I feel like it's become an exclusionary event much less just the exclusive items it has.

Some stuff, I get...  But when it comes to toys and fairly extensive toy lines like SS's stuff (despite being a smaller company), I hate seeing it become a chore.  Hasbro's stuff is the biggest culprit.  Those sets, they tried to kind of dumb them down to basically being a packaging variation of sorts, but like the Indiana Jones sets?  Total screwjob to people who loved that line, and who supported it.  "Sure we'll put that lost wave out...  but only at SDCC, and fairly limited numbers".

I'm glad Sideshow is avoiding that.  It pains me to see Lego leaning that way...  I think highly of them as a company and hate to see them cater to that mentality.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 09:25 AM »
No doubt it'd have been a random clone, but damn it is always amusing to watch the completists go into meltdown for the SDCC exclusives.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 07:13 AM »
No doubt it'd have been a random clone, but damn it is always amusing to watch the completists go into meltdown for the SDCC exclusives.

That really didn't apply with Sideshow.  All of their convention exclusives have been offered in non-attendee versions so they have been quite easy to acquire.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 08:33 PM »
Sideshow has a pretty good method to their madness...  At this point, they have the best high-end racket going, and I think Lego has the best mass market racket going.  GG and Hasbro have their moments but lag behind both respectively.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77