Author Topic: 6" Black Series Wave 3 (2014 Wave 1)  (Read 27772 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series - 2014 Wave 1
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2014, 04:07 PM »
If it had been Boba Fett and not Han I'd be ordering a case right now. Hasbro!!!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2014, 07:47 PM »
I ordered a case. No interest in hunting for the trooper, free shipping and I can display the extra Han with his alternate gear.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2014, 08:45 PM »
Yeah I think this is a decent option especially with the alternate ways to display Han.  Save time looking for the hot figure and just get them all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2014, 08:51 PM »
I received a case of these from BBTS last week (I didn't have any problems getting an extra Han either), and I'm pretty happy with this wave overall.  I was a little concerned about the Luke after some of the pics I've seen online, but I think it turned out pretty great.  Maybe I just got lucky with paint apps, etc., but the figure I got looks pretty nice.  The Stormtrooper is of course great, and I hope I'm able to find another one or two.  I can't afford to army build these much, but it would be nice to at least have an extra Stormie.  I haven't opened the Obi-Wan yet, because I'm kind of on the fence on whether to continue to PT characters or not.  I thought it might be cool to have the Obi-Wan and Anakin dueling each other, but we'll see.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 1, 2014, 12:04 AM »
If it had been Boba Fett and not Han I'd be ordering a case right now. Hasbro!!!

They should have either repacked Fett (if they insist on going with a 3 figure wave) or thrown in an extra Stormtrooper.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #50 on: March 1, 2014, 12:33 AM »
Fett will be back in a future case revision
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 3, 2014, 10:04 AM »
Good to hear, though I've frankly not seen any more of Han than I have Fett.  At least they didn't double up on Leia or Greedo.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 3, 2014, 01:24 PM »
Fett will be back in a future case revision

So will Obi-Wan.  :(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 7, 2014, 09:31 PM »
Have seen a few reports of this wave hitting at TRU's out west in the last day or two. Won't be long now!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #54 on: March 8, 2014, 10:06 AM »
Got my case from EE the other day and finally had a chance to crack these open. Very impressed again and Hasbro continues to do really great stuff with this line.

Obi-Wan: the most blah of them but a good representation of the character. Didn't have any paint job concerns on him or any of the others. The missing cloak really amplifies the blandness. He can hold the saber with both hands but barely and at this scale and this price that's something the designers have to account for. This is the only collector scale PT Obi we're ever going to get, so he'd better be lights out, and he's not. That being said he'll look pretty good rocking the cloak I ordered off ebay.

Bespin Luke: Tremendous figure. Much better in hand that the pics we've seen. I love this figure. He can do a lot of poses and will go great with Vader when he shows up later. The removable saber doesn't really stay in as well as it should, and the color is now very dull, nearly clear.

Stromtrooper: No surprise, best figure in the wave and one of the best so far. This is the Sandtrooper again with choice differences. I think the holster for his blaster is the coolest thing for me right now as I wasn't expecting it. So I have him rocking the rifle.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 8, 2014, 10:11 AM »
Dear Darby,  Thanks for making me jealous.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #56 on: March 8, 2014, 12:14 PM »
Sorry!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2014, 11:01 AM »
SCORE!!!

Best morning ever! On the way in to work I happened to stop by a Target that is usually pretty consistent about stocking new stuff on Fridays. There was nothing new on the pegs but as I was exiting the toy section I spied a pallet of still unopened boxes and as luck would have it, one of them said "SW 6 in W 1 14" so with breathless excitement I ripped that box open right there on the spot, at first only seeing Han's extra hands, but then lo and behold STORMTROOPER!  :D

I went ahead and snagged Luke and Obi-Wan too in case I need to swap out the ones I ordered from HTS for better paint apps. My stormy looks a little wonky around the eyes too, so I may hold off on opening that if I can find a better one. (Hey, it could happen!)

Every night I go home and read all the SW forums for the first confirmed Target brick and mortar sighting of these, and lo and behold I end up being the one to break the news. (Mods feel free to run with this)

Happy hunting people!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:01 AM by McMetal »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2014, 02:27 AM »
Nice find, man!!! :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2014, 01:38 PM »
SCORE!!!

Best morning ever! On the way in to work I happened to stop by a Target that is usually pretty consistent about stocking new stuff on Fridays. There was nothing new on the pegs but as I was exiting the toy section I spied a pallet of still unopened boxes and as luck would have it, one of them said "SW 6 in W 1 14" so with breathless excitement I ripped that box open right there on the spot, at first only seeing Han's extra hands, but then lo and behold STORMTROOPER!  :D

I went ahead and snagged Luke and Obi-Wan too in case I need to swap out the ones I ordered from HTS for better paint apps. My stormy looks a little wonky around the eyes too, so I may hold off on opening that if I can find a better one. (Hey, it could happen!)

Every night I go home and read all the SW forums for the first confirmed Target brick and mortar sighting of these, and lo and behold I end up being the one to break the news. (Mods feel free to run with this)

Happy hunting people!

Congrats on finding these at retail dude, but you might want to broaden your horizons a bit.  If finding new 6" figures was truly your best morning ever and you're that concerned about being the first to report a find, you might be a little too obsessed.  Just sayin'.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today