Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 143169 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #645 on: October 17, 2018, 08:23 AM »
I saw the trailer yesterday and I've gotta admit I'm pretty stoked.  I loved seeing the actual Transformers of my childhood...it was even better being able to actually recognize them!!  I've got high hopes for this.  I was not really a fan of the movies beyond the very first, and slightly for the third.  The rest of the series was terrible.

I can't wait to see this.

This exactly!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #646 on: January 1, 2019, 11:18 PM »
Took the kids to see Bumblebee yesterday and it's pretty good.  Easily, the best of the Transformers movies.

Not exactly a high bar to get over.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 2, 2019, 11:28 AM »
Agreed.  The first 10 minutes of this film is better than the entirety of the first five films combined.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 4, 2019, 10:55 AM »
Agreed.  The first 10 minutes of this film is better than the entirety of the first five films combined.

Too true.  I liked the whole movie, but could have just watched the Cybertron stuff on a loop for 2 hours and enjoyed it just as much.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 6, 2019, 12:12 PM »
I liked Bumblebee a lot. It's the only one I've seen in the theater. I actively avoid Michael Bay films and always felt the robot designs were just awful. My inner 12 year old boy just kept smiling the whole way through Bumblebee over the simplicity of the story and design of the characters.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 6, 2019, 03:44 PM »
Thumbs up on Bumblebee here as well. I stopped watching the Bay movies after the one about the Moon...but this one replaced everything crass about those first ones with gentle sweetness. It worked. All the overt sexuality shoe-horned into the Bay films really didn't sit well with me, either. I found it humorous that we got two scenes of teenage guys taking their shirts off in this one, almost as if to balance out the Megan Fox scenes from previous movies.

I've always been more of a Cliffjumper guy than a Bumblebee guy, so I greatly appreciated his cameo as well.

Truth be told, I probably would never have gotten out to see this if my 9-year old son and I hadn't gotten in the tradition of going to see the Star Wars movies on Christmas break. We needed something to replace that, and he has been learning about G1 Transformers stuff this year, so he was excited (and liked it too!)

I wish we could get comfortable enough with the robots that the movie could be about them (as opposed to the viewpoint of a human they meet) but Bumblebee got us closer to that. A movie set all on Cybertron might be a bit much (that's not what the story is about, after all) but definitely a movie that revolves around character development in the Transformers themselves would be welcome.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 10, 2019, 03:42 PM »
I've always been more of a Cliffjumper guy than a Bumblebee guy, so I greatly appreciated his cameo as well.

Same here!!  He was my first one as a child.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 11, 2019, 08:00 PM »
I finally got a chance to sit and watch this today.

I was not disappointed at all.  The opening scene of the movie blew Bayformers out of the water.  It was so refreshing seeing the characters and knowing who they were.  I thought it was a great throwback to what we played with as kids.  There were a few nods to Bayformers, and they were actually good. It was awesome in that I felt like I was actually watching a movie from the 80s.  I can't stress enough how well done I thought this movie was. I think this is a great way to reboot the franchise under something fans will recognize.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.