Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine Movies  (Read 85679 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men/Wolverine Movies
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2010, 07:52 AM »
I dunno about this one.
Leaving those characters out sounds like a mistake to me, specially if it is first class?
I like the idea of the setting though, I guess only time will tell
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2010, 01:23 PM »
Doesnt sound exciting at all to me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2010, 02:00 PM »
Doesnt sound exciting at all to me.

Yeah, me neither, at least from what we've heard so far.  I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now, as they haven't even started filming yet as far as I know, but it doesn't sound great.  Hopefully this won't be too spoilery for some people, but why have a "fresh start" (which it sounds like what Singer/Fox wants it to be) with a film called "First Class" and not have characters like Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, etc. in it (or really, hardly anyone recognizable).  Sure, of the characters listed/cast so far, many fans know who they are, but I really think that you have to have someone the "general audience" can recognize.  Aside from Prof X (who will have hair, and walk) and Magneto, it doesn't sound like you'll have much of that here.  Like I said, I'll wait and see - and the time period and possibility of more comic like costumes could be cool - but if they were going to essentially reboot the X-Men, I think it was a good chance to start with the real (comic book) first class - or a close grouping - and build from there.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2010, 09:50 AM »
This may be a little under the radar with all the comic book movie news lately, but it looks like Darren Aronofsky will be directing the upcoming Wolverine sequel.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2010, 11:50 AM »
A little under the radar with all the superhero movie stuff coming up before this one (Thor, GL, Cap, etc.), but it appears Darren Aronofsky has announced that the title of the next Wolverine movie is simply, "The Wolverine", and that it will be a one off and not connected to the X-Men films or X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2010, 01:42 PM »
Maybe it's not that nobody noticed, maybe nobody cares?  This next Wolverine film is going to  have to come a long way back after the last one.  There were parts of that film that I liked, but overall, it kind of sucked.  This will have to be a lot better to even get me interested.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Yeah, although it did decent money, it doesn't seem like X-Men Origins: Wolverine is too well received overall.  It was sort of hit and miss for me, I liked some parts but overall it wasn't too great.  I am glad they are giving the Wolverine solo movie another try though, and hopefully this self-contained story will be a good one.  Definitely lower on my radar with the other stuff on the way (Cap, GL, Thor, Spidey reboot, Dark Knight Rises, Avengers, etc.), but glad it is getting made.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2011, 02:32 PM »
First look of the main cast (in costume) from X-Men: First Class.  A bit shadowy to see too much, but it gives you an idea of what things will look like.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2011, 02:45 PM »
Can anyone name them all?

Emma Frost's outfit certainly looks... supportive.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2011, 03:43 PM »
Can anyone name them all?

Emma Frost's outfit certainly looks... supportive.

No.  But you can spot Beast and Mystique easily enough, along with Emma.  And I know that James MacAvoy is the Professor so he's easy to spot on the end.  I guess that makes the dude in front of Emma, Magneto then.  And Rose Byrne, in green, gets you your Star Wars connection for the film, but I'd have to look her up to see who she's playing.

And yes, that outfit does look supportive.  January Jones is a hot girl and that outfit hits all the right curves.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2011, 04:29 PM »
Looks like the following...

Magneto - Moira - White Queen - Darwin? - Beast - Havok - Angel (as a chick) - Mystique - Professor X

Darwin is the only one I'm not too sure of.  Keep in mind they have to eliminate characters that were too young or introduced in the other movies, so no nightcrawler, colossus, wolverine, etc.  I read that Havok and Angel would be in it, so must be those two.  I thought I read Banshee was in here too - maybe that 4th guy from the left is a revamped Banshee?  I'm surprised there is no Cyclops or Marvel Girl - they always seemed like the foundation of the X-Men to me, but seems like those two are pretty well snubbed in the movies.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2011, 04:40 PM »
Isn't Havok, aka Alex Summers, supposed to be younger than Scott Summers?  Maybe this film should be X-Factor: The Wonder Years rather than X-Men.

E...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2011, 08:12 PM »
We've finally crossed over the threshold of the Abyss..COMIC BOOK EU!!!

:-X
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2011, 09:50 PM »
Angel (as a chick)

Wait wait wait.  Wait.  They're makin Warren Worthington a chick for this movie?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2011, 11:19 PM »
We've finally crossed over the threshold of the Abyss..COMIC BOOK EU!!!

:-X

Not really.  Find me any movie adaption of a comic that doesn't diverge from the original storyline in some way.  Iron Man was one of the most faithful IMO, and that put the creation of the suit in the wrong war, erased 200 issues of plot to bring about Iron Monger, and made Obadiah into Stark's business partner instead of an industry competitor that aggressively takes over the company. 

As for Warren Worthington III, that Angel already appeared in X-Men: The Last Stand, played by Ben Foster.  If I recall, they showed him as a kid in that movie as well, so there's no way he would have been born when Xavier and Magneto were in their 20's.  It also wouldn't make sense from a plot perspective since he's not even an X-Men in the later films.

I'd rather they just went without an Angel, but I do appreciate Marvel's dedication to continuity in their flicks.  I'd rather have something of an alternate Marvel Universe in the movies than multiple movies selling completely different plot lines for the same character.  I really like the way they are drawing the Avengers together by running origin movies for each character seperately and it's kind of nice to see the sense of continuity maintained for X-Men as well.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today