Community > Watto's Junk Yard

X-Men/Wolverine Movies

<< < (63/64) > >>

Scockery:

--- Quote from: P-Siddy on June 14, 2017, 04:33 PM ---I read Jessica Chastain is in talks to play a villain in Dark Phoenix...

--- End quote ---

Lillandra of the Shi'Ar empire.

Scockery:
So, anyone see DARK PHOENIX?

Anyone???

The final X-Men movie for awhile...except the New Mutants stuck in tinkering hell...I think it was filmed when Obama was president...the first term!!  :P

Anyway, it's not very good. Dark Phoenix, that is. Fassbender and McAvoy are good in it. It seems rather light for its 1 hour 54 minutes. 
No post credits or mid credits scenes.

Matt_Fury:
I've heard it's not great.  Debating on whether or not to see it this weekend.

Nicklab:
I’m done with Fox X-Men movies.  I saw some of Apocalypse on cable and it was just not good.  So I am checking out on X-Men films until they can get properly rebooted and incorporated into the MCU.... even if I do have a thing for Jessica Chastain!

EdSolo:
It certainly doesn't live up to the first two movies in the series.  Probably on par or a bit worse than Apocalypse.   I'm not sure if this one or X3 is a better telling of the story or not, so that should paint the picture right there.  Captain Marvel was a better representation of the 90's.  I'm not sure they seemed to care as much considering how well they did the 60's and 70's and to some extent the 80's.  For whatever reason, they chose not to use the actual President like they did with Kennedy and Nixon.  They certainly didn't do enough to make the characters look older.  Xavier and Magneto should be ~30 years older than First Class and that certainly doesn't appear to be the case.  They should be approaching the look of Stewart and McKellen from the first movie, but it isn't even close.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version