Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine Movies  (Read 85644 times)

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men/Wolverine Movies
« Reply #60 on: May 2, 2009, 08:49 PM »
I know basically nothing of comics or the X-Men besides the movies, but I thought the Deadpool ending was actually kinda cool and I dug the fight on top of the nuclear silo.  The movie was so so....Really dragged for the first 45 minutes or so, but I thought it was cool at the end how they linked up the kids with the man that will never walk and also how Logan lost most of his memories. 

My screening didn't include the ROTF trailer so I'm pretty pissed about that.   >:(

Wow, if I wanted to describe how I feel about this movie, I would say just the exact opposite of what you said. Dont get me wrong I respect your opinion, but they raped Deadpool and the silo so was bad. It felt exactly like the Alcatraz scene from X3. It served no other purpose than basically saying look how cool our ending location is. I basically enjoyed the film up until he gets his claws, after that it went downhill fast. The casting was good, really good actually, but the story and speacial effects were pretty bad. You would think with something with so much source material, they couldnt eff it up. Way to go FOX

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 2, 2009, 08:50 PM »
holy crap, DSJ just absolutely found the solution to the spoiler warning on boards.  Anyone wanting to read can just hit "quote" and read it in the ubb code.

Brilliant.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 3, 2009, 02:38 AM »
holy crap, DSJ just absolutely found the solution to the spoiler warning on boards.  Anyone wanting to read can just hit "quote" and read it in the ubb code.

Brilliant.

We don't have a spoiler tag code on the forum, guess that's something that needs to be added to the forum program layout.

Forgot to mention, this would only apply to anyone that plays/watches poker, Daniel Negreanu had a cameo. Also 2 twin lady's from Edmonton had a cameo.  :P
« Last Edit: May 3, 2009, 02:43 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #63 on: May 3, 2009, 08:56 AM »
My wife and I went yesterday, it was enjoyable for the most part. I'm in no way a Marvel/Wolverine aficionado as far as what was true to the origin story and what wasn't, but there were a few instances that stank of FOX meddling.

When I first saw the Scott Summers was in this I wasn't sure how they were going the explain away them not recognizing each other in X1, but they handled that well enongh. I liked Liev Schreiber's take on Victor, but boy does it make Sabertooth in X1 look even more lame. I really liked the opening credit sequence showing the passage time through all the wars they were involved in. I wish we word have gotten a bit more of that. I did notice Daniel Negreanu right off which was fun.

For me the most groan worthy scene was the Jar Jar-esque fumbling in the old timers bathroom and certain scenes of boiler plate dialogue from various characters that you've heard 1000 times before and deliver better.

As for the ending I saw, it was the Stryker on the road scene. 

Oh, and I got to see the TF2 trailer again - it made me want to touch Megan Fox's butt... again. Do you think she was wearing panties? Me neither.  :D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 3, 2009, 01:19 PM »
I had a question, did anyone catch a Stan Lee cameo?  I didn't now that I think about it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #65 on: May 3, 2009, 01:46 PM »
I didn't see one either. All I saw was a exec producer credit at the beginning of the film.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 3, 2009, 04:34 PM »
Wow, if I wanted to describe how I feel about this movie, I would say just the exact opposite of what you said. Dont get me wrong I respect your opinion, but they raped Deadpool and the silo so was bad.

I must be easy I suppose - oh and I have no idea who Deadpool is so nothing was raped for me.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 3, 2009, 05:59 PM »
I had a question, did anyone catch a Stan Lee cameo?  I didn't now that I think about it.

E...

Nope. Tho Hugh Jackman confirmed at Comic-Con that Stan Lee had a cameo, Stan Lee, did not make a cameo. This might be due to Wolverine not being created Stan but by Len Wein & John Romita Sr.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 3, 2009, 06:37 PM »

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 3, 2009, 08:24 PM »
Loved X-Men and X-Men 2; hated X-Men 3.

Where does this one fall?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 3, 2009, 09:28 PM »

E...

Nope. Tho Hugh Jackman confirmed at Comic-Con that Stan Lee had a cameo, Stan Lee, did not make a cameo. This might be due to Wolverine not being created Stan but by Len Wein & John Romita Sr.

I just thought that they put Lee in all the Marvel movies. 
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 4, 2009, 07:51 AM »
Not all of them, Stan did not make a cameo in X2, Blade Trilogy, Punisher, Ghost Rider & Elektra.

Stan Lee Cameos [Marvel Movies]

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 4, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Possible Wolverine Spoiler...

Did anyone else notice that Gambit calls Wolverine Logan? Up to the point where Stryker shoots him he is called Jim or Jimmy by everyone. We had only just seen on one side of Wolverine's tags that it says Logan. So is/was Gambit in on this the whole time working with Stryker?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 4, 2009, 04:24 PM »
Spoiler answers

Didn't Gambit make a comment, something to the effect; "Nice dog tags."  When Wolverine sat down at the table?  Maybe he noticed what was on them and the Logan side was out?  Or it could just be a goof in the script or there was an extended part of the scene that got cut.

E...

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 4, 2009, 05:35 PM »
Loved X-Men and X-Men 2; hated X-Men 3.

Where does this one fall?

For me its X2, then X-men, X3, and finally wolervine