Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine Movies  (Read 85643 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: X-Men/Wolverine Movies
« Reply #30 on: March 6, 2009, 10:04 AM »
So yeah... Hasbro just goofed.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 6, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Hasbro goofed, naw. That would never happen in this day & age of toys.  :-X  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 6, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Yeah, the Weapon XI is the rumor stuff I had heard involving Deadpool.  That he is experimented on, giving him those powers, but I'm not sure if that is confirmed or not.  Again, like Bill mentioned, that certainly doesn't look like Ryan Reynolds, and I don't know why they couldn't put the makeup/prostetics on him for these scenes.  If it is Deadpool, maybe the extra powers thing is temporary, and he's back to "normal" by the end of the movie and heading towards donning the mask/etc.  I know they have hoped of spinning him off into his own movie off of this, so if that works out that may be why he is getting a lot of story/screen time between the various versions.

EDIT: I see in the pics that Dale posted from MTV, that it is indeed a different actor (Scott Adkins) playing "Weapon XI".
« Last Edit: March 6, 2009, 10:09 AM by Brian »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 6, 2009, 03:53 PM »
I have to say that the casting on this film looks to be part genius and part WTF.  Cause I'm thinking Kitsch, Reynolds, and Durand as Gambit, Deadpool and Blob respectively is pretty damn good but I'm not sure of Schreiber as Sabretooth.

And the black guy, that's Kestrel, I think.  I only ever remember reading about him a couple times but I do recall him being part of the Weapon X program.

May is flippin' stacked with movies this year.  It's a blitz right from the first with Wolverine and then the next 3 weeks bring Star Trek, Angels and Demons and Terminator Salvation on the 22nd. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 6, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 6, 2009, 06:04 PM »
Just to add more to the whole Deadpool debate, I saw some X-Men Origins: Wolverine stuff at WM and they had a SuperHero Squad four pack from the movie, and it also had that same character labeled as Deadpool.  Hasbro must be mislabeling across the board, or he is indeed Deadpool in some form.  I think I'd almost rather he was a different character (Weapon XI), but I guess we'll see in a couple months.

I was just reading through the SHH boards HERE...where they are discussing the Deadpool stuff.  Grain of salt and all that, but this was apparently some info - I'll leave space for those avoiding SPOILERS:
Ryan Reynolds shows up for 10 minutes in the beginning of the film. He's part of Stryker's team, and his mutant ability is mostly being a badass with swords, cutting bullets and the like. He is called Wade Wilson during this period.
• Stryker's big plan (or one of 'em) is to make Weapon XI, a mutant with a ****-ton of mutant powers.
• Stryker uses Wilson's body as the mutant power receptacle, and because of the scarring (I'm not sure whether that's from a previous fight, or as a result of all the mutant powers getting packed into him), Weapon XI is played by Scott Adkins. Weapon XI appears for about ten minutes near the film's end, and has the claws seen above (a la Wolverine), Cyclops' optic blast, Wraith's teleportation ability, and Wolverine's healing factor, too. Also, his mouth is indeed sewn shut.
• Just like Weapon X is given the name "Wolverine," Weapon XI is given the name "Deadpool."
« Last Edit: March 6, 2009, 06:09 PM by Brian »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 7, 2009, 01:06 AM »
Welp...that's kind of ******.  Maybe?

I'm definitely going to see this opening night one way or the other.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #37 on: March 7, 2009, 08:19 AM »
Yeah, that's really, really stupid.  They ruined one of the best characters.  I guess we won't be seeing a Deadpool spin-off.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 8, 2009, 11:35 PM »
Sadly, that is the Merc with the Mouth. I go to a site called "Super Hero Hype", the Deadpool forum there is going crazy because of these drastic changes. I don't get they get Gambit (one of my favorites) spot on the (the trench coat, the staff, the same powers, the red eyes, the accent, the pimp-ness. But Deadpool (my favorite character) gets raped in the azz.  :-\

I've been hearing rumors that not only Deadpool, but Wolverine were going to get masks but they took them out because they said it'd be weird for the rest of the team not to have masks while those two did.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 10:17 AM »
It appears the 2nd Mutant (Weapon XI?) in the last Wolverine trailer is indeed Deadpool, at least according to Ryan Reynolds.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 3, 2009, 05:53 AM »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 4, 2009, 01:06 AM »
Deadpool (my favorite character ever) got a serious ass raping in that movie. But besides that, it was a good popcorn movie. I liked it more than X1 & X3.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2009, 09:18 AM »
SHH (via MTV) has posted 5 new character profile videos from X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  Included are Wolverine, Sabretooth, Gambit, Wade Wilson, and Wraith.  Kind of neat to see some new footage of characters like Gambit and Wilson.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2009, 08:42 PM »
I still think that getting Taylor Kitsch as Gambit is genius casting.  I'm still unsure about Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth but I'll wait till after the film to make my final judgement on that one. 

Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson is also pretty good but from the sounds of it he, and the character Deadpool, kind of get a ****** treatment in this film compared to the comic version.  Haven't read all the info out on the film but that's what I'm getting just from a few things I have seen and what's been in this thread.

Will.i.am looks like he's going to be good in this film also.  I really love it when a movie can surprise me from a casting standpoint when they get someone I never would have thought of to play a part and that person knocks it out of the park.  Hugh Jackman raised a lot of eyebrows when he as announced as Wolverine, but now after thee films, I can't picture anyone else in that role because he's done such a good job with it.  Robert Downy in IM, Bale as Batman...  I almost can't wait to see how they cast some of the other films coming in the near future.

E...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2009, 12:59 AM »
Reynolds is pretty good when he's Wade. He's classic Deadpool there.