Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine Movies  (Read 85648 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men/Wolverine Movies
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2014, 03:36 PM »
Does anyone actually think this crap through when writing a script?

No.  They just think the average person is a dumbass that love knockers, ass, and explosions on the big screen.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2014, 04:53 PM »
It seems to me that the screenwriters wanted to inject some sort of jeopardy into the mix for Wolverine.  Between his healing factor and the adamantium laced skeleton,  Logan is almost impossible to kill.  So what to do?  Take away his claws and put the character in some serious danger.  That doesn't jibe with the comics, but I think the producers of the Marvel movies have made it abundantly clear that they're prepared to take some license with the characters in an effort to produce what they think is an entertaining film.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:53 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2014, 07:15 PM »
Does anyone actually think this crap through when writing a script?

No.  They just think the average person is a dumbass that love knockers, ass, and explosions on the big screen.

my kinda people. LOL
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2014, 07:19 PM »
I don't have any problems with that...so long as it makes some basic common sense.  If you want to cut off chunks of him, then have them slice at appropriate joint locations.  He's locked into a contraption - that would have been easy enough to do, slicing off his hands at the wrist or some such thing.  Showing that he can lose body parts at the joints between bones could add an element of weakness to Logan.  Or, have the claws put into some kind of admantium melting solution that could liquify and store the metal.  Maybe Wolvie has to agonizingly break off his melting bone claws as the admantium melts off to avoid being completed smelted to death.  I'm sure there are dozens of ways to introduce danger for the character without introducing something so simple and outright implausible as a "heated sword." 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2014, 09:37 AM »
The movie isn't bad. Justin I can loan it to you if you'd like.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2014, 12:08 PM »
The movie isn't bad. Justin I can loan it to you if you'd like.

Sweet - thanks Jay!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2014, 09:47 AM »
New Trailer

I cannot wait for this movie...  Fassbender is such a badass Magneto.   8)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2014, 01:34 PM »
New Trailer

I cannot wait for this movie...  Fassbender is such a badass Magneto.   8)

Wow, that looks excellent!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 25, 2014, 09:12 PM »
Hmmm.  I am getting the distinct feeling from this new trailer that the advanced Sentinel Nimrod is part of the story.

Feedback

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2014, 05:33 PM »
The final trailer is out. Holy Kakballs! A Marvelous year for flicks!  ;D

X-Men: Days of Future Past/Official Trailer 3

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2014, 07:16 AM »
Well this is unfortunate...

Normally going to an X-men movie doesn't pose a moral dilemma...   :P
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2014, 09:07 AM »
Yeah, that story has been out there for years, it was the kid who could shoot fire. He was one of the few cast members who never went on to do ANYTHING after that movie. Hollywood is icky.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2014, 01:18 PM »
I'm less concerned over the fact that dude's suing because he was molested at a molestation party he probably should have avoided, and more concerned that Singer ATTENDED child molestation parties.  Allegedly...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 19, 2014, 07:30 PM »
Wow.  This story is horrendous, to say the least.  From reading some of the stories about the plaintiff, he and others have already successfully sued other defendents for molestation.  So this isn't just someone who's looking to do a hit job on Bryan Singer in advance of one of his movies coming out.  And evidently in Hawaii, where some of the legal action is being pursued, there was a window of opportunity to pursue a lawsuit for sexual abuse that is due to close very soon.  From what I gather the statute of limitations may have passed for any kind of prosecution.  But a judgement against Singer in civil court will without a doubt damage his reputation as a filmmaker.

I know that there have been some fanboy grumblings about Bryan Singer and his homosexuality.  Some of that has revolved around him and his casting of Brandon Routh in Superman Returns, and an overall unseemly angle.  I chalked a lot of that up to fanboys not liking the movie, being cruel and homophobic.  But THIS STORY?  It's a whole new level of creepy.  And while I had begun to warm up to the idea of this new X-Men film, now I feel like doing that would just be wrong.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2014, 01:14 AM »
Wow.  This story is horrendous, to say the least.  From reading some of the stories about the plaintiff, he and others have already successfully sued other defendents for molestation.  So this isn't just someone who's looking to do a hit job on Bryan Singer in advance of one of his movies coming out.  And evidently in Hawaii, where some of the legal action is being pursued, there was a window of opportunity to pursue a lawsuit for sexual abuse that is due to close very soon.  From what I gather the statute of limitations may have passed for any kind of prosecution.  But a judgement against Singer in civil court will without a doubt damage his reputation as a filmmaker.

I know that there have been some fanboy grumblings about Bryan Singer and his homosexuality.  Some of that has revolved around him and his casting of Brandon Routh in Superman Returns, and an overall unseemly angle.  I chalked a lot of that up to fanboys not liking the movie, being cruel and homophobic.  But THIS STORY?  It's a whole new level of creepy.  And while I had begun to warm up to the idea of this new X-Men film, now I feel like doing that would just be wrong.

He'll probably end up Making the next X-men movies in Europe with Roman Polanski.
This is the way.

I have spoken.