Author Topic: Batman v Superman / Justice League / DC Movies  (Read 86439 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Batman v Superman / Justice League / DC Movies
« Reply #90 on: February 6, 2014, 07:15 AM »
Well, then we would need Apache and Black Lightning too.  That casting alone could shut the project down.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2014, 02:35 PM »
WB hitches their wagon to Snyder

Because obviously Man of Steel didn't bomb like Green Lantern.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2014, 12:18 AM »
This is such a mess. Remember how Marvel carefully planned out Phase 1 of the Avengers and created storylines for the standalone films that all wound up tying together? This is pretty much the opposite; DC throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks. Has anyone at DC realized that they're just a few characters away from this next Superman movie actually being a Justice League movie? Not to mention that there are still conflicting reports as to whether this is actually a Batman vs. Superman movie or just "Superman, also featuring Batman and other characters." Add to that the unenthusiastic reactions by the general public to the casting decisions so far, and we're looking at another dud.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2014, 06:55 AM »
I also think they are dropping the ball, but I also think they will make money off this venture, it just won't be as successful as Marvel.  The new Superman made a bunch of money, but I thought it was just O.K.  I think DC is rushing things because they have dropped the ball so much over the years.  They have only had success with two characters on the big screen.  Maybe they feel the superhero bubble will have to burst at some point and are trying to get everything out there before it does.  When this movie finally hits theaters, it will do so at the same time Marvel releases its second movie in Phase 3.  At this point, we may see Avengers 3 before Justice League even gets made.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 1, 2014, 06:17 AM »
I think a lot of people will go see it regardless...hard to resist two strong characters or more in films like this.  But they'll miss a big chunk of repeat business both within a release and over time across the franchise.  They would be much better served I think going the TV route with their super heroes. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 1, 2014, 07:05 AM »
It will be interesting to see what would come out of a Cap 3 versus Batman/Superman battle if both release dates hold up.

I still think they are mishandling this a bit.  They really are rushing into Justice League without establishing other characters.  While we could debate the merits of a stand alone Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, etc. movie, who would have thought a stand alone Thor movie could have worked out?

People will go out and see this regardless because of a long standing desire to see multiple DC heroes on the screen together, but it could end up being on par with Green Lantern movie.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #97 on: May 1, 2014, 07:09 AM »
Joe Quesada comments on Man of Steel

As a comic book fan, I wanted to love that movie so much. I just think at the end of the day, Zod was the hero of the movie to me. He wanted to save his race, and Superman didn't let him. Zod, in this particular incarnation, struck me as not necessarily an evil man, he had his orders, he had a mission.

I had the same exact reaction - one of the big failures with the script, IMO.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 1, 2014, 08:44 AM »
Joe Quesada comments on Man of Steel

As a comic book fan, I wanted to love that movie so much. I just think at the end of the day, Zod was the hero of the movie to me. He wanted to save his race, and Superman didn't let him. Zod, in this particular incarnation, struck me as not necessarily an evil man, he had his orders, he had a mission.

I had the same exact reaction - one of the big failures with the script, IMO.

I had a similar reaction as well.  Michael Shannon, who played the new Zod, commented pretty freely about what he was going for with this new portrayal of Zod.  He offered great affection for the work that Terence Stamp had done with his rendition of Zod, but said that Stamp's Zod was very much a megalomaniac.  Shannon wanted his Zod to seem very much like he was a military man with a mission to save his people.  When he attacked the Kryptonian council you kind of sided with Zod since the council seemed so out of touch.

Where I think the script failed was that the threat of Zod to Earth wasn't sufficiently realized.  There was some horrific destruction shown in Metropolis, but it really just amounted to buildings being pulverized.  The only time where I found Zod's obsession was murderous was in that last scene at the train station.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 1, 2014, 01:57 PM »
So why couldn't Zod move his eyes slightly? Why couldn't Sups fly Zod out of there? Why destroy populated buildings killing thousands but care about a small family? Why does Louis keep popping up in places she doesn't belong? Why couldn't Clark save the dog? Why save the dog? Why does Clark know how to fly an alien ship? Why not run the ship into Zod's ship before he even comes down to Earth? Why is Metropolis destroyed but the Daily Planet is completely untouched? Where is the giant spider? (see Kevin Smith)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #100 on: May 1, 2014, 02:21 PM »
And that was all WITH Chris Nolan's guidance...

I thought it was stupid that Zod didn't throw up his arms and surrender when Supes was about to commit genocide.  "Whoa - whoa - whoa!  Alright!  You win!  I'm genetically programmed to do anything possible to protect these embryos... So let me just fly this baby to some other planet.  No need to exterminate a billion innocent unborn Kryptonians!"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 1, 2014, 02:33 PM »
And had any of those people seen a tornado, been near one, even a video and known what to do out in the country when there is no shelter?  I bet it isn't to hide under an overpass.  I bet all those Kansas folk would know what to do.

As for the dog, he would have been long gone before the rest of the Kents... well, the Earthling ones anyway.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2014, 02:45 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #102 on: May 1, 2014, 06:19 PM »
Under an overpass is an ideal place to hide during a tornado.  Normally lying flat near the side.

Going back for the dog instead of sending your indestructible alien son?  Unreasonably idiotic.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 1, 2014, 09:15 PM »
Under an overpass is an ideal place to hide during a tornado.  Normally lying flat near the side.

Actually, no, it's not according to a National Weather Service.  An overpass creates a wind tunnel effect.  There's more here since I was curious: http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ddc/?n=over

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #104 on: May 2, 2014, 07:51 AM »
Weird - learn something new every day.