Author Topic: Batman v Superman / Justice League / DC Movies  (Read 86444 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Batman v Superman / Justice League / DC Movies
« Reply #300 on: June 20, 2017, 04:30 PM »
I saw WW on sunday...I liked it better when it was called Captain America the First Avenger

I can't tell if I just know Marvel characters a lot better, but I can't even begin to describe the stuff WW can do once you get past her strength and agility. It also felt a LOT like the Captain America movie, just using a hot chick in place of the captain.  I really liked that movie though, so no harm done.

Right on. Although WW and the Amazons are little easier on the eyes than Cap and the Howling Commandos.  I wonder if the sequel will have Antiope come back as a brainwashed Russian spy with a metal arm?  I'd watch it.

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2017, 07:21 AM »
Recent announcements:

They're developing a stand-alone Joker origin movie that's not connected to the DCEU
They're developing a Joker/Harley movie that IS connected to the DCEU
They're beginning production of a Shazam movie that isn't connected to the DCEU

and the big one...

The upcoming The Batman movie WILL NOT be connected to the DCEU

That last one's a shocker... and probably means Justice League will be the last of the Batfleck.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2017, 10:20 AM »
Can't wait to see which Marvel movies DC rips off for these!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2017, 11:49 AM »
None of these ideas - with the exception of maybe Joker/Harley, but I'd rather see Harley and Ivy - are good. The talent involved is always amazing, but Batman that's not connected? Why? A Joker origin story? Why? Shazam - I just don't care on that one, so YMMV. Seems odd for DC to be this disjointed with the brand, when unlike Marvel, they control all the characters.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 24, 2017, 08:13 PM »
Now they are clarifying that the Batman movie is connected, but will not feature cameos and etc from the rest of the DCEU.  It's just a Batman story. No peanut butter in the choco-bats.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2017, 10:15 AM »
This is just poor planning.  They're finally getting some traction on connected movies, but decide that their next endeavors will be disconnected?  Why?  It's so easy to just throw a little connecting point in these movies to make them all build into one larger story.  This is one of the things people love about the Marvel movies.  The Hulk movie wasn't very good, but having Stark show up in a tiny scene made it so much better.  So much wasted opportunity here.  They could have tied the movies to the TV shows and easily brought in a Flash, Black Canary, Green Arrow that people were familiar with.  If for no other reason than getting movie goers to go check out the TV stuff.  It's like each of these projects is run as a competitor to other DC projects, so they can't possibly work to help each other out.  If they're going after stand alone movies, then give us something new like Teen Titans. 

Whoever's making these decisions does not have a clue about what their fans actually want.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2017, 02:32 PM »
The DC studio execs must sit around a large conference table, try to figure out the absolute worst course of action they could do....and then decide to do that.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 28, 2017, 05:27 PM »
The DC studio execs must sit around a large conference table, try to figure out the absolute worst course of action they could do....and then decide to do that.

I have visions of a board meeting where they agree to these ideas, then the top brass goes around the corner and takes off their masks to reveal that they're actually the Marvel Execs.  OR maybe its the Skrulls...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 31, 2017, 12:41 AM »
New rumor is that DC was hell bent on starting filming on Suicide Squad 2 before a script is even finished, but Will Smith has 2 upcoming projects to film so they have to wait.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 31, 2017, 10:29 AM »
Wasn't Batman: Assault on Arkham basically Suicide Squad 2?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #310 on: November 10, 2017, 12:31 PM »
The "social media review embargo" was lifted at noon today.  From what I can gather, it sounds like the plot is a mess, the bad guy is weak, but the main heroes are decent (except Cyborg) and there's some good wow moments.  Lots of them are saying "It's fun!  But..."
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 10, 2017, 02:12 PM »
I'm really not surprised.  This whole DC attempt to catch up with Marvel has been a mess.  Half the team is getting origin story/solo movies after the team movie.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 12, 2017, 10:17 AM »
To me, that fourth spot should be Green Lantern. Cyborg would be like putting Machine Man as the fourth Avenger. Sure to comic nerds he’s beloved,  but he’s just not a heavy hitter like the others.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 12, 2017, 02:34 PM »
I'm still hopeful this will be good.  I'm curious to know if the Flash is any good - I'm biased towards the TV version.  I think their biggest mistake was not just adding the Flash and Green Arrow characters from the show.  I'm not a big Cyborg guy either, but I can see where a "DC Iron Man" on the team is more appealing than Green Lantern.  I think that character is just tough to translate onto the big screen (though they didn't exactly knock it out of the park with Cyborg either). 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 15, 2017, 09:20 AM »
Damn.  Vanity Fair's review was not kind at all to Justice League.

I've also been seeing a significant degree of criticism over costume design for the Amazons.  And it's notable because the Amazon costumes in Justice League are being compared to the costumes for those characters in Wonder Woman.

Personally?  I'm going to skip this one, too.  I've given up on the DCEU.  If it turns up on cable I might watch it, but I am not going to actively try to see this movie in a theater.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback