Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 5  (Read 68024 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 5
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 11:58 AM »
Satele Shan is a must.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 02:55 PM »
When asked  they've said outright that no more The Old Republic figures are planned. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 04:17 PM »
I could see them continue to hit the past fan choice polls for the EU picks (which is where both Plagueis and Mara came from).

I wouldn't mind seeing Guri or Dash Rendar from SOTE, Pellaeon or C'Baoth to fill out the Thrawn figure set, or Anakin Solo to complete the solo-kid trio they started in the TLC line.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 01:01 PM »
When asked  they've said outright that no more The Old Republic figures are planned.

Well that just stinks. I have been hoping for Satele Shan and the Smuggler from the trailer videos for a while.

Hopefully they'll eventually come back to KOTOR/KOTOR2/TOR as viable source material for figures.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 09:49 PM »

There have been blanket denials like this before, but with Hasbro eventually releasing the characters in question.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 08:17 AM »
Maybe. They've also said somethings are planned that never do come to pass (Mortis trilogy characters, Pong Krell).

It seems like the video game stuff sells through fast, except the big Clone Wars guy. I didn't see Force Unleashed 5 packs linger much compared to Battle of Endor pilot sets. Hottest figures on the aftermarket are often game characters. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 05:51 PM »
Dont seem to make as much of the VG stuff though...  The old TFU stuff lingered, a lot.  KOTOR figures, all pretty scarced...  TOR figures the same, and lately TFU as well.  Those TFU packs were around a little while then sold through but never replenished.  Ewoks and Pilot sets all sold through a lot too at first but repeatedly replenished here and backed up...  TFU, don't recall those last sets really replenishing THAT much.  It makes me wonder if they don't cut those production numbers back thinking they're not going to be as popular...   :-\  It's kinda weird.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 9, 2013, 07:18 PM »
The rumors were true.

Wave 4 loose at Jeditemplearchives Facebook

Also, Star Wars: Rebels cardback.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2013, 07:19 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: October 9, 2013, 07:33 PM »
I believe JTA started that rumor too so they were spot-on with it.

I like the wave...  top to bottom, best wave in literally years.  Better than most any TVC single wave I can think of.

That Luke, I'd been planning to do EXACTLY that as a custom.  I'd mapped out every aspect of how to do it.  Every part.  Every material type...  everything.  Now?  That's off my customizing list because that, and Yoda, are amazing looking to me.

But the whole wave is just perfect to me.  I see some new gear, new toolings, new everything.  Love it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #24 on: October 9, 2013, 07:43 PM »
Now that's a wave of figures. Not sure we needed to go back to the Wedge well so soon but I'll take him. Yoda and Luke look to be the best figures to come out in ages. And the rumored/confirmed Snowtrooper Commander is saaaweet. I would have liked soft goods for the waist coat but damn, that's a nice figure.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2013, 07:47 PM by Jayson »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #25 on: October 9, 2013, 07:44 PM »
Pretty much the best wave ever. Snowtrooper Commander? Toyrn Farr? Snowspeeder Wedge? ESB wish list destroyed.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 9, 2013, 07:56 PM »
Pretty much the best wave ever. Snowtrooper Commander? Toyrn Farr? Snowspeeder Wedge? ESB wish list destroyed.

Definitely.  Aside from the ROTS Vader (which I understand), this is about as solid of a TESB wave as you can get.  The one question I have is about the kama on the Snowtrooper.  From the SWAN image I looked at, it looks like the kama is plastic and not softgoods.  I also couldn't see a rank badge in their image, either.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 9, 2013, 09:55 PM »
Those look awesome, but what the hell is up with Luke's legs?   ???

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #28 on: October 9, 2013, 10:23 PM »
Those look awesome, but what the hell is up with Luke's legs?   ???

Yeah, that's not a flattering shot (at least the in JTA POV). The arms are what impress me. It looks as if they are incorporating some Marvel Universe-style articulation there with the bicep swivel and the double-hinged elbows.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 9, 2013, 10:45 PM »
ROTS Vader looks strange. Probably just a prototype.

Wedge throws the whole "any new figures will be entirely sculpts" bit out the window. I wish they'd made new hands, Lukes are a  bit specific in their pose.

They really don't want Hoth Rebel women to have ankle joints.  ??? I wonder if Farr's vest is removable. Lots of custom potential there (as if I do customs  :-\ )

Snowtrooper Commander looks great, even if I'm not loving plastic kama's. Yeah, he just stood there in the film, but I'd like him to do what his troops can. Gotta feeling he's gonna be a hard figure to get.

Yoda...could it be, a movie Yoda worth getting?

Luke's a mess...another mock-up, though. Not worried.

I didn't notice until better pictures that the Star Wars Rebels Stormtrooper art has a Rebel Alliance symbol graffiti over the left eye.