Community > JD Sports Forum!

NHL 2013-14

<< < (3/18) > >>

Jeff:
Had blast last night thanks to 1200 rowdy (drunk?) Jets fans (first time I've ever heard the home goalie taunted in his own building).  Yeah you guys 'invaded' our building, but it really only made the hometown crowd louder.  Was nice that both teams put on a pretty good show too.  And of course, it helps that we won. ;)

I'm loving my squad right now (13-4-4), with full understanding that Josh Harding's ridiculous 1.25/.946/10-0-0 home record won't hold up forever.  Still, it's a nice run for the moment and so nice to keep pace in the ridiclous West. 

Seriously, a 13-4-4 record (30pts) gets you the 5th in the West?  The 8th ranked Colorado (28pts), who were leading the Central just a day ago(!), would still be #1 in the East.   :o

ps.
what the hell is a 'beer snake'?  We had one break out in our section last night...  Is this a thing you guys seriously do up there?   ???

I had to look it up on wikipedia and saw...

--- Quote ---As a result of several minor injuries that occurred when a beer snake collapsed during a regular season Canadian Football League game, the Winnipeg Football Club banned the creation of beer snakes during Winnipeg Blue Bombers football games.[3]

--- End quote ---

Yeah... that sounds about right.   :-X

Morgbug:

--- Quote from: Jeff on November 18, 2013, 10:37 AM ---Had blast last night thanks to 1200 rowdy (drunk?) Jets fans (first time I've ever heard the home goalie taunted in his own building).  Yeah you guys 'invaded' our building, but it really only made the hometown crowd louder.  Was nice that both teams put on a pretty good show too.  And of course, it helps that we won. ;)

I'm loving my squad right now (13-4-4), with full understanding that Josh Harding's ridiculous 1.25/.946/10-0-0 home record won't hold up forever.  Still, it's a nice run for the moment and so nice to keep pace in the ridiclous West. 

Seriously, a 13-4-4 record (30pts) gets you the 5th in the West?  The 8th ranked Colorado (28pts), who were leading the Central just a day ago(!), would still be #1 in the East.   :o

ps.
what the hell is a 'beer snake'?  We had one break out in our section last night...  Is this a thing you guys seriously do up there?   ???

I had to look it up on wikipedia and saw...

--- Quote ---As a result of several minor injuries that occurred when a beer snake collapsed during a regular season Canadian Football League game, the Winnipeg Football Club banned the creation of beer snakes during Winnipeg Blue Bombers football games.[3]

--- End quote ---

Yeah... that sounds about right.   :-X

--- End quote ---

Oh lord.  Not a beer snake.  I apologize on behalf of the more sober Jets fans.  And yes, most likely all of the Jets fans were impaired to substantial degrees.  But even if we only made you louder, c'mon dude, 1200 fans were as loud as your other 15K? 

Beer snakes are not allowed in Winnipeg, for obvious reasons.  I suspect the "injuries" associated at Bomber games were people getting beer on their clothes and complaining about it and nothing much more serious than that, but I do understand how that could frustrate you if you're not part of the drunken loogans participating in said snake.  Honestly I don't know what it is, but Americans seem to be able to handle the mixture of alcohol and sporting events in a much more mature manner than Canadians.  We need to be restrained for our own protection and it's kind of weird.  Don't get me wrong, I'm no prude when it comes to drinking, but it seems some small but at the same time disproportionately large contingent of Canadians cannot actually drink and remain civil.  I've seen it at football and hockey games here but have yet to witness it in the U.S.

Not loving our squad right now.  Not much offense coming out or it's spotty at times (can't do much in the clutch and grab environment of last night - both teams) and four of the six defensemen we started the season with are out.  Aspects of our schedule of late have been pretty tough too, so that hasn't helped (CHI-DET-CHI-NSH-SJ-DET).  Outside of Nashville, that's ugly.  Ah well, maybe we pull an Oiler and tank for a couple of years.  Though I can guarantee there's no way Bettman lets Winnipeg get first pick in the draft two years in a row.  He still doesn't love us. 

Morgbug:
Jets suck.  That is all.   :'(

Jeff:
You don't appreciate losing based on a sweet 3-on-2 game tying SHG?

You don't appreciate not capitalizing on a cold goalie who was just this AM taken off IR and has had 11min game time in the last month and one practice in the last week?

You didn't enjoy the sick slow burn that was Coyle SO winner?

Cuz I seemed to think it went ok this afternoon.   :-X

Morgbug:
Coyle's shot was a beaut.  Backstrom I've always enjoyed as a goalie, though I confess it would help if the Jets would shoot somewhere other than the logo on the front of the jersey. 

The SHG?  Yeah, any way to institute a football like rule whereby we can decline a penalty?   ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version