Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173462 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #615 on: July 26, 2018, 01:23 PM »
LOL, I thought of you when I saw those earlier this morning, Rob. They really know how to stick it to a guy's wallet. Especially the MOTU fans!

My SDCC order is out for delivery...can't wait to see Hammerhead Alien up close. :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 27, 2018, 12:31 PM »
Ugh, got my Super 7 order(s) yesterday and they goofed and sent me two Creatures and no Mummy.  :(

I contacted them this morning and they said they had notified the warehouse to ship me out another. Fingers crossed. Hopefully at worst I end up with an extra Creature figure.

Those are some big ass cards too, BTW, wow. They display nicely though, very vivid colors. And the GID Misfits Fiend is VERY GID. Usually those things don't impress me but that guy glows like a mofo. 

Hammerhead Alien I really wish I had gotten two of now...so cool.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 30, 2018, 03:03 PM »
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 03:04 PM by Rob »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 30, 2018, 04:00 PM »
Wow, I never heard of that one either Rob, and they are not shy about pimping their MOTU exclusives. He looks really cool too.

Now I'm worried I might be missing stuff from Alien or Universal Monsters...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 30, 2018, 04:35 PM »
Wow, I never heard of that one either Rob, and they are not shy about pimping their MOTU exclusives. He looks really cool too.

Now I'm worried I might be missing stuff from Alien or Universal Monsters...

Yeah, he was apparently online for 20 euros for just a little bit but is gone.  There are a few on eBay, one sold for $100.  The other ones are BIN $100 and then at auction and are probably going to finish around there.

I really want one of these guys... but $100?  I think I'm out at that price.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 1, 2018, 05:19 PM »
Naturally since I paid $65 for the She-Ra 2-pack, it showed up on their site for $40 now...

https://super7.com/collections/m-o-t-u/products/masters-of-the-universe-reaction-figure-2-pack-she-ra-and-hordak-sdcc-2018

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 1, 2018, 08:52 PM »
Ouch. Sorry Rob, that sucks.

Your post reminded me to go out and order King Diamond and the new Misfit Fiend Earth AD figures. Psyched to get those.

Still waiting on my replacement Mummy...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 2, 2018, 12:45 PM »
It's all good, I just posted in case you were still looking.

I'm passing on King Diamond, but I'm a little bummed about the individual Misfits release.  I was hoping they'd put out the other four as a single wave to keep shipping together, but now I'm afraid to wait on ordering just the one given how fast they sold out of the regular black version back at the beginning.

I suppose I'll just order this one.

If you happen to see anything about those Mexican Convention Exclusive MOTU figures for this weekend, please share!

Also, I went back to their Instagram feed and read through all the posts and comments about the Universal Monsters on those big colorful card backs.  I can't find a word about them being available later, although they did show some traditional card art when they were unveiled in February.  But no mention in the posts or the comments about them being anything other than exclusive to SDCC.  Where'd you get the impression that they'd be available later from?
« Last Edit: August 2, 2018, 12:46 PM by Rob »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 2, 2018, 01:54 PM »
Hmmm....I don't recall offhand, I'll have to dig around and see where I got that from, I want to say Toyark or one of those type places right around the time when they first announced the SDCC exclusives. I remember wondering at the time why they didn't put Frankenstein or the Mole People on the die-cut cards too. I guess those are coming on regular cards later though.

RE: the Mexican figs...are you familiar with that SSSS# thing? Some kind of subscription service/VIP club or something where you get access to all their various exclusives? They only offer up membership on rare occasions, and I missed it last time around, but that seems like a possibly good source for stuff like that. I'll be sure to post here when it pops up again, I feel like they teased it just recently.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 2, 2018, 02:36 PM »
SSSS#?

Never heard of it.  Is it Super 7 or something else?

Is there a website? 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #625 on: August 2, 2018, 07:47 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 6, 2018, 03:00 PM »
Got my replacement Mummy!  ;D

Still waiting on Earth AD Fiend and Mr Mercyful Fate...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 7, 2018, 01:51 PM »
http://super7hq.com/news?tag=Super7%20Secret%20Society

Weird... doesn't look like much of a club, or is that part of the secret...

Meanwhile, I can't even find an auction for the Mexico Comic MOTU figures, and those Anti He-Man auctions are ending between $130 and $160 - so I'm out on that one for now...
« Last Edit: August 7, 2018, 02:45 PM by Rob »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 7, 2018, 03:16 PM »
As I've been trying to buy less modern stuff and generally just reduce the collection overall, it has allowed me to refocus on some vintage collecting. I recently (finally) completed my vinty Star Wars figure collection (the first 77 anyways), and have been working on other bits and pieces and looking at GI Joe as well. Anyways, long story short, it has reaffirmed my enjoyment of this "style". I had picked up a few of these earlier on, like the Goonies and the first He-Man, but recently I've really started to look into picking up some of the earlier ones I wanted that I either put off or just missed - specifically Karate Kid and Back to the Future.  Also thinking about He-Man, probably skipping the exclusives. I've really enjoyed reading the conversations here on the various lines. Other than exclusives, is there a big price jump on older figures?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 7, 2018, 03:25 PM »
Other than exclusives, is there a big price jump on older figures?

I don't think so.  I know lots of the Funko Reaction stuff can be had pretty inexpensively - they were produced in bigger numbers and the quality is less.  I don't see a lot of discounts on the Super 7 stuff though.  It seems like unless you can find a lot of open ones, they seem to stick in the $12 to $15 range depending on what it is, with some going higher.  They love exclusives and they don't mind making limited runs of things.