Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173403 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #645 on: September 19, 2018, 05:20 PM »
The Bullet version of the Misfits Fiend went up a few hours ago.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 19, 2018, 11:43 PM »
The Bullet version of the Misfits Fiend went up a few hours ago.

Just ordered mine!

Looks like the Great Garloo is a NYCC exclusive. Kind of on the fence about that one, but I guess it depends on how many others they announce in the coming weeks.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 20, 2018, 12:18 PM »
Honestly I'd never heard of The Great Garloo until yesterday when they showed that.  Googling it, it seems to just be an old toy?  It's not from any movies or shows or books or anything is it?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 20, 2018, 03:41 PM »
Nope it's just based on an old toy, which predates even me.  ;D

They just announced a full set of Alien Wave 3 figs on Blue Cards as another NYCC exclusive. So that's another $90 they got me for right there.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 20, 2018, 04:39 PM »
Yeah, if it's just an old toy that I don't have any emotional attachment to, I'll pass.

The Alien figures are only exclusive in terms of the blue card right?  The same figures will be available later on regular cards??

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 20, 2018, 04:41 PM »
Also their latest Instagram tease is hinting at more Comic MOTU variants (Skeletor) and something that's glow-in-the-dark.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 21, 2018, 08:17 AM »
The Alien figures are only exclusive in terms of the blue card right?  The same figures will be available later on regular cards??

That's my understanding, yes.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 6, 2018, 12:43 PM »
I'm glad I got lazy and decided to just open up those Comic Con versions of the Universal Monsters... the regular releases are going to be painted up in more realistic colors, so those were a full variant and not just a packaging variant:

http://news.toyark.com/2018/10/05/universal-monsters-reaction-figures-coming-soon-from-super-7-319809

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 7, 2018, 09:10 AM »
Yeah, I saw that...interesting. The Mole Man and Masque of the Red Death guy look great too!

Anyone see if they have any new reveals?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 7, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Those were the only ones I saw... also apparently they're available this coming week.

So after spending a fortune on Hellboy and Alien this week, there's another full wave of Monsters, the Orange Fiend, and Phantom Starkiller to track down.

They're really cranking stuff out these days.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 8, 2018, 09:19 PM »
Just ordered up a full set of the new Universal Monsters plus the Pumpkin fiend. Still waiting on the Lord of Light, Garloo, and Starkiller. And hopefully some leftover blue carded Alien figs!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 8, 2018, 09:52 PM »
Same here but I passed on the Heavy Metal and Garlo figures.  I’m not 100% on the Starkiller because I don’t know what it’s from?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 10, 2018, 08:24 AM »
Lord of Light and Garloo haven't appeared on their website yet, but hopefully soon. The Phantom Starkiller is just a weird bootleg figure made by this guy/company called "Killer Bootlegs" which is sort of like the Sucklord stuff but less campy. I guess they were a fan of his work and decided to do a goofy one-off for whatever reason.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 10, 2018, 12:47 PM »
Meh.... made up **** from some relatively recent company isn't really a collecting focus of mine.  If he was based on some kind of bootleg from the 80's I'd be interested, but I'll pass.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 16, 2018, 09:47 AM »
Just ordered the newest Lord of Light figure plus Phantom Starkiller. Decided to pass on the Great Garloo...maybe if they have a sale one day I might pick it up.

Been trying to figure out their whole scheme with the Alien figures. They've got the three 3-packs, but only five of those were put out on the blue cards. Was supposed to be six but the factory messed up Ripley and Jonesy. Still not sure if that one is ever coming or not now. No idea if they have any plans to put those other 3 figures on blue cards either. Or any individual cards for that matter.

Of course the 3 new figures are spread out over 3 different packs, so you'd have to buy all of them.

ugh.