Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173422 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #735 on: July 30, 2019, 11:33 AM »
No problem.  Expected delivery is Thursday.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 1, 2019, 10:07 PM »
That would be great, Rob! Please let me know when they show up...thanks!

All four of my Universal Monsters punches were intact.  Which ones do you need?  PM me where to send them. :)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 4, 2019, 08:08 PM »
That would be great, Rob! Please let me know when they show up...thanks!

All four of my Universal Monsters punches were intact.  Which ones do you need?  PM me where to send them. :)

PM sent, thanks again brother!

I managed to get the SDCC Phantom Starkiller a couple of days ago when they finally went up on the website, happy about that.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2019, 08:10 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 5, 2019, 10:53 AM »
Check your PM's, just had one question about how much of the card you need.  I was thinking I'd just cut an inch around each punch instead of mailing the whole things?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 26, 2019, 06:30 PM »
I'm a total sucker...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 12, 2019, 03:48 PM »
I was over at BBTS, and saw they had some new ReAction figures up for preorder (Ninja Turtles, Archies, etc.), but the price was now $17.99 each. Are these taking a price jump?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 13, 2019, 01:56 AM »
I added it all up and I’ve spent nearly $1500 on ReAction this year and that’s absurd.  Any price hike and I might start selling, or I’d at least get very selective.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 13, 2019, 12:47 PM »
A buddy of mine just tossed the idea out that maybe it's tariff pricing?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 2, 2019, 04:47 PM »
Looks like it's official... they raised the prices of every figure on their website to $18, including the really old stuff that people already weren't buying for $15.

I'm going to have to change how I collect this line, I can't justify $18 each for 5 POA.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 2, 2019, 09:44 PM »
Crap, I had a bunch of stuff I was planning to order, should not have put it off. I was waiting for the NYCC exclusives to go up but ugh, so much more money now.

I agree Rob, between the price and having no practical way of displaying any more carded figures, I really have to re-evaluate what I am picking up from them now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 2, 2019, 09:57 PM »
We should all email them and tell them.  Maybe they’ll reverse course if they get an earful.  :-[

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 16, 2019, 09:55 PM »
Super 7 finally put the leftover GID Universal Monsters from NYCC up on their website for ordering. I managed to get all four plus a GID Slayer I still needed. That was $100 right there!

I may cut back, but it won’t be on Universal Monsters, and I am all in on They Live figures when those hit too.

The price is definitely keeping me away from stuff I was already on the fence about though, like RoboCop.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 17, 2019, 11:28 AM »
I've got it on pretty good authority that the price increase is just a cash grab and isn't for any real reason in terms of tariffs or materials cost or licensing costs...

$15 was already pushing it for 5-POA, $18 is ridiculous.  I think they've overreached and I'm officially cutting back.  I'm doing the opposite of what you're describing though.  I'm starting with the 12 million variants.  If they want to sell the same action figure 10 ways, $18-$20 is insane.  These 4 Universal Monsters variants and the glow in the dark Robocop figures are the first variants from a part of this line that I collect that I'm passing on.

I kind of hope this backfires and they walk it back, especially since I'm pretty sure they can.  If they lose volume, they might. 

Also, I plan on waiting for stuff to be in-stock at EE and buying things $80 at a time to get free shipping which will undo some part of the price hike. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 22, 2019, 05:27 PM »
I’m really tempted by the new Ninja Turtle line they started this week, but I just can’t pull the trigger at that price. As has been mentioned, there would be riots if Star Wars TVC went to $18 per figure, so I certainly shouldn’t pay that much for 5 POA, simplified stuff. I know the size of the companies make some difference too, but it is still kind of spendy.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 22, 2019, 05:49 PM »
Super 7 is a smaller company and doesn't do the volume that Hasbro or Neca does, but when you look at what Neca and Hasbro can put out for $24.99 and $12.99 respectively, $18 plus tax plus shipping for 5 POA is an absolute joke.