Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 208814 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #390 on: January 26, 2017, 07:09 PM »
On the bright side, I picked up 5 Scarif Stormtroopers from Walmart for $7 a pop on clearance over lunch. Can't have too many of those guys!  :)

Wow.  Nice score Metal!  6 inch or 4 inch Scarifs?  I've only found the 6" and those were $20 a pop, but $7 is a deal either way.

They were actually the 6" ones! Yeah, that was unexpected and cool. None of the other stores on BrickPicker even showed any in stock, much less on sale. It's one of my favorite figures, so I'm happy to keep all of them at that price.

Never did see the smaller version around here.

P-Siddy, I'm starting to wonder if I will ever see that Revan wave in a store again. It's weird, even the Gamestops have quit ordering stuff. It's darn near impossible to tell which Sabine you're getting anyway just from looking at it in the box. 
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 1, 2017, 06:27 PM »
I got an online order in for the 6" Black Series Darth Revan over at Dorksidetoys.  Hopefully the order goes through alright, because this is my first time ordering from them.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 5, 2017, 06:51 AM »
I was at a Walmart in Bakersfield, CA yesterday and saw several dozen 6" figure boxes all up on the top shelf, but oriented so I couldn't see which ones they were (naturally).  Being a somewhat short guy, and not wanting to bother store staff with a silly request, I went and got a patio chair from the nearby garden section, which gave me plenty of height to check out the hidden figures... Unfortunately nothing new, just a bunch of the wave with Dir. Krennic and TFA C3PO. 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 10, 2017, 07:38 PM »
Found a sweet deal on the 6" Black Series OT Snowtrooper on Amazon:  $15.99 each with Prime Shipping!  I ordered two, and that will be the extent of my troop building.  It gets pretty damned expensive in this scale!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2017, 09:36 AM »
My local comic shop has been trying to scalp the Revan wave (sans Revan) for a few weeks now, but I noticed yesterday that they dropped the prices down to retail, so I grabbed a Snowtrooper. Now all I need from the wave is Revan.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2017, 11:57 AM »
My local comic shop has been trying to scalp the Revan wave (sans Revan) for a few weeks now, but I noticed yesterday that they dropped the prices down to retail, so I grabbed a Snowtrooper. Now all I need from the wave is Revan.

Yeah, no one seems to want any of these figures outside of Revan anymore, which I find bizarre for a wave that barely even hit retail. They generate almost zero interest on the secondary markets. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2017, 12:05 PM »
I've still got the Revan from that wave.  I have no idea what to do with him.  I think I'm glad to have bought the case as I wanted all the figures from that wave except him and with the stagnant distribution flow at stores now it seems like it was the right call.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2017, 10:00 PM »
Got my Baze and Chirrut in the mail from Dorkside Toys this afternoon. Now outside of Revan, I think I'm done with Black Series figures until September.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 17, 2017, 12:57 PM »
Got my Baze and Chirrut in the mail from Dorkside Toys this afternoon. Now outside of Revan, I think I'm done with Black Series figures until September.

You might want to PM P-Siddy if you still need Revan.  I think he has a spare that he doesn't know what to do with...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 17, 2017, 09:28 PM »
I finally got an order in for Baze and Chirrut over at HTS this morning, been stalking those guys for awhile. Picked up a spare set for a buddy to get free shipping.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 18, 2017, 05:32 PM »
Got Baze and Chirrut via FedEx this morning. Second order in a row from them that I've gotten the next day. I salute you Hasbro Toy Shop!  :)

Almost forgot to add: both these figures are amazing! The likenesses are uncanny. This is the line at its best IMO, great quality sculpts and all the accessories you would want.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 05:34 PM by McMetal »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 20, 2017, 08:49 PM »
Shock of all shocks I found a full case of the Revan wave at Walmart today over lunch.  :o

I literally had one of those rub my eyes am I dreaming flashes I was so surprised. Kudos to them for being brave enough to put out new product!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #402 on: February 20, 2017, 09:07 PM »
Nice. I'll keep an eye out but kind of thinking it will be awhile before they get through all the overstock.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 3, 2017, 05:23 PM »
I bought 2 unmasked Kylo figures on Amazon for half off. Looking to do some customizing, putting the robes on the Japanese Kylo figures, as well as the heads. So far the soft goods and Adam Driver headsculpts have been rather meh, while the Hasbro one is top notch, which is a rare case.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 23, 2017, 10:10 AM »
I found Chirrut and Baze at Target in a little black shipper at the front of the store, along with the Jedha 4-pack. Just FYI if you still need these guys. They both rang up under the old 3953 DPCI.