Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 207282 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #225 on: November 20, 2015, 03:18 PM »
Picked up a Captain Phasma today at the launch of the new brick & mortar store for ThinkGeek.  It's nice to actually see this figure in a store at long last!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2015, 03:33 PM »
Yeah, I saw 2 Phasmas at Target today over lunch. I think she has officially been bumped as most In-Demand 6" figure by the Imperial Shocktrooper. That dude is crazy hard to find right now. (All 4 of the stores that got solid cases of 6 here were sold out within a day)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2015, 01:17 PM »
Yeah, I saw 2 Phasmas at Target today over lunch. I think she has officially been bumped as most In-Demand 6" figure by the Imperial Shocktrooper. That dude is crazy hard to find right now. (All 4 of the stores that got solid cases of 6 here were sold out within a day)

Maybe in your part of the state, but over here in Jesusland, she's still EBay scalper fodder. At least nine cases have hit between three Walmarts, a Target, and a TRU and although every other figure from those cases has been hanging from the pegs when I've shown up, Phasma has been magically missing. Granted, some of those may be making their way into actual collector hands, but when she's the only figure that is missing?  I kind of doubt that's the case overall. How I had not missed this bull****... ::)

I suppose it would be good if Hasbro did a full case of Phasma in time for the holidays (along with cases of Kylo Ren and FO Stormtroopers) to meet demand and drive down the secondary market prices and/or eBay idiocy, but then they'd have to divert resources from Finn repack production and that would just be crazy.

On-topic: I found the Battlefront Shock Trooper at one of those Walmarts on Tuesday this week. Nice figure, although it once again makes me miss the double-jointed elbows on some of the TFA figures.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2015, 03:27 PM »
[quote author=DoctorPadawan link=topic=23193.msg586749#msg586749 date=144821626

I suppose it would be good if Hasbro did a full case of Phasma in time for the holidays (along with cases of Kylo Ren and FO Stormtroopers) to meet demand and drive down the secondary market prices and/or eBay idiocy, but then they'd have to divert resources from Finn repack production and that would just be crazy.

On-topic: I found the Battlefront Shock Trooper at one of those Walmarts on Tuesday this week. Nice figure, although it once again makes me miss the double-jointed elbows on some of the TFA figures.
[/quote]

Hey man, for reals I will trade you a Phasma for one of those Shocktroopers straight up if you can get your hands on another. PM me if you're interested, would be glad to help you out.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2015, 01:43 PM »
I've been seeing partials of Wave 2 at Walgreens (Constable Zuvio and that Gauvian Enforcer figure) and have likely been missing it from Target since all I usually see is a lone Finn.  But I'm not going crazy, going to ever store first thing in the morning or anything, so what I'm finding is to be expected...  That said, I ordered the 2nd wave from Entertainment Earth, paid only a little more per figure than I would have at retail (covering what I would have spent on gas running around town) and now I have Captain Phasma  ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 4, 2015, 04:04 PM »
I found Starkiller Base Kylo Ren at K-Mart today, thanks to a tip from a friend.  :) I found one with a snowier base to swap out for the one I got online. Now I can finally open this thing!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 5, 2015, 01:32 PM »
Our long national nightmare is over, and thanks to Amazon and some nice timing on Thanksgiving evening, Captain Phasma has finally taken her place in my collection.   ;)

I also picked up Kylo Ren (Starkiller Base) at the local (still inexplicably open) Kmart earlier this week, at which point I, of course, saw my first Phasma hanging on the pegs.  I left her there for someone else to hopefully add to their collection, go under a tree for a kid on Christmas morning, and not, I dread, wind up on Ebay or Amazon as a VHTF HOT RECALLED VARIANT CAPITAN PLASMA STAR WAR 6 FIGUR.  ::)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 5, 2015, 02:19 PM »
I picked up the Kmart exclusive Kylo Ren today.  There was definitely a decent supply, so I was able to pick and choose.  Glad that was the case, because I saw at least a couple of bent light sabers and some spotty paint apps. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #233 on: December 5, 2015, 06:16 PM »
Saw the new wave today at walmart. Nice to see figures other than the pegs filled with Finn. Didn't pick any up but they looked cool.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 9, 2015, 03:49 AM »
went to Kmart today to get a Exclusive Kylo Ren; they had the newest 6in Blck ser wave there too.

-Urb

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 9, 2015, 06:45 PM »
Found a complete set of Wave 2 at TRU this morning.  I already had that complete set from an Entertainment Earth order, but wanted an extra Captain Phasma and Stormtrooper to unbox and didn't want to pay premium prices on eBay or Amazon.com.  It was kind of nice to find a complete wave of figures in one place for the first time since Force Friday  8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 9, 2015, 07:47 PM »
I grabbed the Cantina Showdown set from TRU, as they actually had them on clearance for $24
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 16, 2015, 09:28 PM »
Today I picked up Luke Skywalker Jedi duel from tbs.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2015, 08:47 AM »
I was lucky enough to find the TIE Pilot and "Resistance Trooper" on the pegs at TRU this morning on my way into work. Great way to kick off the day!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2015, 04:46 PM »
Picked up Phasma last night at WM during a late-night run after my second viewing of the movie.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk