Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 207263 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #465 on: December 22, 2017, 02:35 PM »
I'm part of a Star Wars Collecting group on the "Discord" app, and there's a guy who alerts everyone when rare stuff is in stock on any of the major sites. Jaina sold out in like 5 minutes. I'm lucky I was at a PC when I was!

I doubt she'd be carried forward, but stranger things have happened.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 23, 2017, 11:56 AM »
I use the Amazon app on my iPhone, and I use wishlists to keep track of some of the new Star Wars items that I'm looking out for.  Amazon has had two separate listings for the TBS 6" Jaina Solo for some time, so I kept an eye on both of them.  They've even upgraded the Amazon app so that you can now browse items on your wishlist at the bottom of the page as soon as you launch the app.

When Jaina popped up as available for $19.99 earlier this week I jumped on it!  The delivery date is a little longer away than I would normally accept for something being offered at that Amazon Prime price point.  But considering how I have only seen the other figures in this wave in the wild and not Jaina?  I decided to go for what is essentially a pre-order.  But this figure is reminding me of the craze to get Darth Revan all over again.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 5, 2018, 02:12 PM »
EE just shipped my Jaina Solo. She so should have been Rey in TFA.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 5, 2018, 03:20 PM »
I just placed an order yesterday for her.

If people are still looking for Jaina, she is in stock at EE.  I would jump on this now as I think this is going to be one of those waves that comes and goes (and has already gone) at retail.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 13, 2018, 01:32 PM »
Picked up a Rey with base set from the last K-Mart which is closing down soon. I paid $11.50 which isn't great but they only had 3 left and I don't get to that part of town much. I like the idea of having extra rocks for my display.

Also grabbed another R1 3-pack from Target for $17.98 since these have started to disappear from most of the stores around here.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 9, 2018, 01:31 PM »
Found Island Rey and DJ at Walmart over lunch today while running a toy blitzkrieg on $5 SWB 6" figures. Sadly, they both rang up at full price but I didn't have the time or energy to quibble about it. No sign of Rex or even any of the repacks.

Also picked up Maz, Kylo, new Poe, FO Stormy, Praetorian Guard, Finn in FO disguise, Gen Leia, ESB Snowtrooper, 2x AT-AT Drivers, and a couple others I don't remember offhand, all for $5 each. Best deal ever!  ;D

Online Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 9, 2018, 10:18 PM »
Do tell on that pricing!  Also, if you’d be willing to hook a brother up on a $5 Snowtrooper...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 11, 2018, 10:38 PM »
The $5 Walmart sales are a joke in my area. I spent an embarrassing amount of time searching a bunch of stores this afternoon and the only figures stores had in stock were Jyn, Cassian, and Zuvio. Dozens and dozens of them. Mind you that 75% of these stores had none of those figures a week ago, and were chock full of Maz, Leia, TLJ Poe, TLJ Finn, and TLJ Kylo. It's like I was time warped back to a year ago.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 12, 2018, 08:40 AM »
I went pretty nuts over the weekend with the Walmart thing, bought at least $400 worth of toys for a fraction of that. Interestingly I ended up with doubles of just about everything. New Poe, Kylo, Gen Leia, Finn in Disguise, Praetorian Guards (x3), At-At Driver, Snowtrooper, even found a couple of old Resistance Troopers at one store.

Good times.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 17, 2018, 11:12 AM »
Now have two extra complete boxed sets of all the TLJ figures except for Snoke and the exclusives. Thanks Walmart!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 17, 2018, 11:58 AM »
Solely out of curiosity, what do you do with them?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 17, 2018, 12:51 PM »
Solely out of curiosity, what do you do with them?

All kinds of things, I'm making a custom Rose in Imperial disguise figure for example. I'm currently army building the Praetorian guards til I have 8 total I can display with Snoke and his throne. I also use them in trades with other collectors, or to help me sell other lots of stuff I have listed online. For $5 a pop I can find a lot of value.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 21, 2018, 12:00 AM »
I snagged an extra 6" Phasma at Target today for $2.96.  No idea what I will do with her, but I don't think there's any 6" figure I can pass up for $3.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 28, 2018, 01:52 PM »
I'm not sure I'm ever going to see Rex and Rey (Island Journey) at retail and finally bought them off EE.com (with the JD link).  Not the cheapest option, but I'm not comfortable waiting on these two.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 2, 2018, 08:46 AM »
I found the DJ wave at two different Walmarts yesterday, or at least remnants. I managed to score Rex which I was very happy about. Also grabbed another DJ, Island Rey, FO Stormtrooper, and 2 Royal Guards. Because they were not yet in the system, they let me have them all for $5 each, which was also nice.  ;D

Just need that exclusive Kylo and I'm all caught up.