Author Topic: NFL 2013-2014  (Read 17322 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2013-2014
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2013, 03:08 PM »
Can't believe the Brown's Coach couldn't turn that franchise around in one season.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Yeah, especially given what a solid trend they were on when he took over. 

2008  4-12
2009  5-11
2010  5-11
2011  4-12
2012  5-11
2013  4-12

Of course, he did make some ridiculous roster decisions, like trading away all-star Trent Richardson, who was clearly a dominant player in Indy or keeping that ridiculous bum wideout Josh Gordon despite constant trade rumors all year.  A guy who's only averaging 117 yards per game and can only only manage 9 TDs in 14 starts shouldn't be on any team in the NFL. 

Owners are ridiculous.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 4, 2014, 03:58 PM »
Wild card weekend is here. First up is the Chiefs at Colts (and the only inside game), then Saints at Eagles. Tomorrow we have Chargers at Bengals and 49ers at Packers.
So who do you think will win this weekend?
I'm thinking the Colts handle the once lucky Chiefs who lost their mojo 8 weeks ago; a close shoot out between brees and foles with the home team eagles winning at the end. I can't really pick one way or another between Chargers and Bengals but since I like the Bengals more, They get the ugly win at home. And in the frozen tundra, another shoot out or run out with the 49ers barely getting the win.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 6, 2014, 06:30 AM »
Well one of four isn't bad.   8)  All road wins during Wild Card Weekend...unbelievable.  Bummed to see the Pack lose a close one at home, but it felt like they were just barely keeping up that whole game.  If they get that pick on the last drive, it goes the opposite way, but I don't think they would have survived the next round anyway.  Now I'm stuck rooting for Indy...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 6, 2014, 07:50 AM »
Indy was home...

Went 2 for 4, missing Philly and Cinncy.

This week, I'll take Seattle, Pats, SF and Denver.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2014, 10:49 PM »
Yay, new Super Bowl contenders!

Go Seahawks!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2014, 11:00 PM »
That was an impressive comeback by Seattle.  Too close for me though - I think this is the year of the Bronco.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2014, 01:23 AM »
I'm going Broncos myself.  And since I'll be in the ideal place for it, I'll put a lil money on the game I suppose.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: February 2, 2014, 08:25 PM »
...more like Super Bore #heardeverywhereathalftime

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 2, 2014, 09:47 PM »
Wow...this has been such a beat down of the Denver Broncos by the Seattle Seahawks...
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 2, 2014, 11:44 PM »
If you knew me you'd understand: And the winner is...... Tom Brady.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 3, 2014, 09:43 AM »
If you knew me you'd understand: And the winner is...... Tom Brady.

Because if the Pats had played instead of the Brons, he would have looked foolish?   ???  That was probably the worst SB ever.  Who won MVP?  I think the whole Broncos team deserved it for helping Seattle win.  They couldn't even play basic football-- as in protect the ball.  Always running with one arm makes it simple for the ball to pop (or be popped) out.  They looked out of the league last night.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 3, 2014, 10:10 AM »
LOL, the door is shutting on the Tom Bradys and Peyton Mannings of the world. It's a new day.

I for one enjoyed the hell out of that game, because those are the kind of Super Bowls I grew up with mostly, good old fashioned woodshed jobs.

Yeah, I was sorry to see Richard Sherman get a ring, but at least Champ got denied. Super happy for Russel Wilson and Michael Robinson. The 'Hawks absolutely deserved it.

Denver was very obviously not prepared to play, and I think a lot of that blame lies on the coach. BTW, WORST DECISION EVER not going for that easy FG at the end of the first half. That will get glossed over because of the final score but holy crap, that was idiotic.

I don't think I ever even heard of the guy that won MVP. I would have given it to Harvin or Chancellor.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 3, 2014, 10:37 AM »
As I and many smarter than me NFL minds said two weeks ago, the NFC Championship game was the true Super Bowl. So yes the Pats would have lost too.

What I am saying is Tom Brady, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, and Michael Corrleone just shut the door on Peyton Manning and Kay.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2014, 12:23 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: February 4, 2014, 02:30 PM »
I was in the world's den of sin this weekend for that abysmal game, and you should've heard the crowds when that safety was scored.  It was classic.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77