Author Topic: The "I Don't Play With My Toys... I Pose Them" Thread  (Read 6347 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
The "I Don't Play With My Toys... I Pose Them" Thread
« on: September 18, 2013, 03:46 PM »
What's the most awesome pose you've gotten a figure into?  The one you called your wife in to see, and she rolls her eyes.  The one the kids went, "That's awesome!", when they saw it.

I put the Clone Sgt. on my desk in a simple "at attention" pose...  It's calm, passive, but that menacing helmet and the clean armor.  It just screams that scene where the Empire's military might is basically born.  The rifle's resting against his shoulder delicately...  I love it.  Never really put a Clone in this pose, but I could imagine a hundred of them with appropriate officer colors mixed in would look pretty damn cool this way.

Not dynamic by any means...  but it inspired me.

You know you've done this too...  You know you've achieved some pretty cool looks with your figures, and you don't want to admit you were playing with your dolls posing your action figures for display.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The "I Don't Play With My Toys... I Pose Them" Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 10:57 PM »
20 views and I'm the only guy making his figures look awesome?  For shame, people.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 01:49 AM »
Look at my collection....all my figures look awesome where they are.  Especially the ones on the table in the center of the room.   :)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 09:31 AM »
20 views and I'm the only guy making his figures look awesome?  For shame, people.

I used to have a lot of my figures in awesome poses... then I moved.  Now they are all in the "smooshed inside a ziplock bag" pose.  Not very exciting.  :-\

When I get my new collection room set up, I'll have to revisit this thread...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 11:15 AM »
Hard to say since I pose so many.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 01:32 PM »

I used to have a lot of my figures in awesome poses... then I moved.  Now they are all in the "smooshed inside a ziplock bag" pose.  Not very exciting.  :-\

When I get my new collection room set up, I'll have to revisit this thread...

Yeah, my figures are pretty much in the same situation.  I do have a few out though, but haven't found the drive to get to them with the rest of the house needing attention.  Maybe I'll grab a few figures each day.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 04:40 PM »
I consider those in Jeff's situation as having their figures in an extended deep space stasis chamber pose....  FTW

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 04:41 PM »
Hard to say since I pose so many.

Must have faves...

One of mine is a Hoth trooper crawling n firing back over his shoulder ala the micro Hoth fig.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 06:47 PM »
What's the most awesome pose you've gotten a figure into?  The one you called your wife in to see, and she rolls her eyes.  The one the kids went, "That's awesome!", when they saw it.

Back in the day, I put the VOTC Chewbacca in a one footed pose, with his other foot kicking straight up over his head. He stood all by himself, and mind you he doesn't have foot holes to cheat. That pose merited the "Honey, come in here, you gotta see this!!"

Prior to that, circa 2002, I had an office space with this long twelve-foot shelf on it. I set up an epic war scene, combining OT and PT figures, Luke and Leia side by side with Obi-Wan and Anakin. Highlights of that one were an Imperial Sentinel/Atha-Prime commanding a squad of clone troopers, and POTJ Bespin Han with his blaster pressed to the bucket of a kneeling, arms-splayed CT Stormtrooper. When my then 6-year old nephew saw that set up, it made him want a Star Wars collection of his own.

So yeah, I'm in the pose them camp.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 10:47 PM »
I pose mine neutrally on the display shelf for space reasons but when playing with them testing the articulation, I like to put them in "running while shooting behind" poses.

I have other "favorites" though... for troopers it's some sort of "at attention" type pose. Then I'll usually have Vader standing tall with his hands near his hips, showing off his height/power I guess. Anytime I can get a Jedi to hold a lightsaber with two hands is great too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 09:13 AM »
I can't believe no one has posted an R-rated picture of figures posed here yet.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 09:02 PM »
Excellent stories...

I too, for some reason, enjoy the "firing while running away" pose...  That's why I have the Rebel Trooper on the ground shooting back at something he's crawling away from.

My AT-ST crewmen are inspecting damage to their walker...  No not literal damage from it falling over, but one's walking up the hip in the back inspecting the rear of the cabin for damage while the commander has his leg partially in the hatch while he leans over the rail to point out where the damage may be.

All the while a technician watches from below with a jerry can of something, and a tool or piece of some sort.

I made a nice pose of a Fleet Trooper "trudging"...  not marching, or walking, but rather looking sad, head down, helmet slouched forward, trudging off to an impossible situation...  He has a 30AC Spacetrooper's rifle with a homemade sling over his shoulder, his arms almost dragging because of the distance and purpose of his trudge...

Hey, if you lived in a galaxy where all kinds of ships are buzzing around that could fly you in minutes where you have to go, but you're walking, and you're probably gonna die, you'd trudge too!

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 1, 2013, 06:17 PM »
I can't believe no one has posted an R-rated picture of figures posed here yet.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 1, 2013, 08:53 PM »
^ Don't ask.  Don't tell.

As for R-rated pics, that would have been back in the GI Joe days with Flint and Lady Jay having fun on the bed in the PIT's prison cell.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2013, 08:55 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: October 1, 2013, 09:03 PM »
When I try to pose my figures, I try not to work so BLUE.