Multimedia > The Wookiee Arcade

How LucasArts Fell Apart - Kotaku article

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jesse James:
JK and RC news hurt the most.  I thought you had mention of a sequal to X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and X-Wing: Alliance listed...  I'm almost glad there wasn't.  I'd have been on a flight to Jim Ward's house.

Matt:
I heard off-the-record that there were sequels to all those games in the works, but Jim Ward caught word of that old thread here and canceled them just out of spite.

Jesse James:
WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

Matt:
More on "Darth Icky":

--- Quote ---i heard a story from some people who worked on a pretty high profile...ancillary star wars entertainment product ....

anyway they heard word that lucas was very excited about the project and was, in fact, so excited about it that he had come up with a brand new character expressly for this project that would become part of the official star wars canon, etc.

obviously everyone was really excited.

the day came for lucas to meet with them. lucas coming to their offices was basically like the ******' pope or president coming, huge deal, big preparation, everyone's buzzing around etc etc

so they finally sit down with lucas in the conference room, and he starts by saying how impressed he was, how he wanted this product to be a real core part of star wars lore, blah blah blah...

then he says, "So the character I've created for the [project] is..."

*everyone leans forward, anticipating with bated breath*

"....Darth...Icky"

so they're like, "Darth...Icky"

and he's like, "yes, Darth Icky - I-C-K-Y" and begins to explain the character

so then after they were all freaking out like how the **** are we gonna write around this retarded character etc, eventually they just drug their feet on it for long enough that lucas had moved on to his next brilliant idea and forgot about it and the public never knew of Darth Icky.
--- End quote ---

I'm currently working on my first photonovel, centered around my new character, Darth Gag-Me-With-A-Dead-Smurf

Jesse James:
I'll promote the **** out of that photonovel.

This is mind blowing stuff...  I know a lot of people were like, "What are we gonna do now that Disney owns STar Wars!?  They're gonna ruin it!!!!!"

I read this though, and yeah, Lucas was doing a bang-up job ******** all over his own creation before Disney came along.  I'm glad he's out.  It can't get worse IMO.  It'll maybe be just as bad, but it can't get worse than stuff like Darth Icky.

The stickiest of the Darths.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version