Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Class II Vehicles  (Read 18244 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Class II Vehicles
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2015, 12:15 PM »
I'll get one for my four-year-old.  I may pick up one for myself to put next to my vintage version.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2015, 07:38 PM »
I love the design a lot, just not a fan of the toy.  After I was sorta burned by the AT-DP's quality, I'm suspicious of this one's ultimate in-person quality as well.  For the price and all, it's just a tough pill these days.

I found the TIE Advanced to be the best of the lot actually.  I thought it had the most sturdy build, most detail, most complexity in its design...  I didn't get The Phantom however, but I did look it over and I wasn't impressed.

It's definitely closer to a 1/35-ish scale (ala Kubies).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2015, 01:31 AM »
I think they did a decent job on the Phantom.  It's pretty well built and at least the figures fit in it.  ( I have two Millenium Falcons that I can't say that about).
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Knight
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2015, 01:27 PM »
Has there been any talk of Target getting a vehicle assortment that includes the troop transport, or a transport with a pack-in figure?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2015, 01:41 PM »
There were rumors of a Target exclusive Troop Transport with Stormtrooper, but it was never shown or confirmed the way the other three exclusives were.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Knight
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2015, 03:16 PM »
Finally cracked open my Imperial Troop Transport.  Overall I think its a pretty solid toy for $20.

Its solid and sturdy, so it won't break while playing with the kids.  The spring loaded missiles work just fine and figures fit in there perfectly.  Sure its a little short and figure's heads stick out over the top, but its not that bad for a toy.  At least figures can sit in the vehicle to "drive" it.  I like the internal spots for holding guns and stuff too.

My only two gripes are that I hate putting on tiny, tiny little stickers.  I wish they would either leave them out of the design, or find a way to paint them on.  And it would have been nice to have rolling wheels on the bottom.  Ultimately I understand that wheels were probably omitted to save on the cost, but it would be fun to be able to roll the vehicle across the floor.

I would definitely recommend picking up this toy if you ever come across it.  I got mine from HTS, and have never seen one in a store.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2015, 03:23 PM »
I'm with you Dave. Wheels would have been nice. I lost a mini decal while trying to tweezer it on. But otherwise I like it. Another toy I can't see where all the hate is coming from.
Don't be mad cause I'm doing me better than you doing you

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2015, 10:59 PM »
I can't see where all the hate is coming from.

It's pretty much coming from it not being 100% like the vintage Kenner toy I imagine.  Doors aren't the same, it's smaller, no wheels, no electronics, etc etc. 

Like the rest of this line, these new ships are nice for what they are - cheap, small, and simple.  But, if you'd need anything beyond that, you'll probably be disappointed.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2015, 07:59 AM »
I don't mind the updated design, but seeing the size was a bummer for me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2015, 12:35 AM »
For me, that's some of it, but I never really cared one way or the other on the Vintage ship comparatively to this one...  I just wanted something superior than what we got, ultimately. 

It's basically stamped low-grade plastic, at this point, for $25.  On this particular vehicle it's taken to what felt like a bit of an extreme too, with the two seat thing going on.  It doesn't have a "floor" to speak of, so you can basically just set a couple figures in it.  A lot of what feels like wasted space then taking a bottom out of the equation.

I felt the lack of rolling wheels was a huge disappointment.  Again, no floor, not really as easy to do that either.  The weapons don't move much, and it inhibits it somewhat. 

And of course, it's a fair bit small...  Just all around disappointing.  I was pleased to have gotten it for $20 shipped, but anything more at a store and I'd have returned it once I saw how disappointing it was.  To me it just sucks.  I thought the AT-DP sucked too.

If the transport were more of a box than just basically 2 seats, I'd probably have given it a little more love.  That's where, compared to the vintage one, i think it probably failed the most, to me.  The wheels would be a close 2nd too though.

I liked the TIE Advanced somewhat.  The Phantom I never picked up, so I'm indifferent on it.  I found the TIE kind of fun though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2015, 03:26 PM »
All the design concessions for the ITT are acceptable for a toy. But no wheels? It's a friggin' transport! How am I are kids supposed to jump it off a ramp, or do a Thelma and Louise off a table?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Hasbro would probably say "Hey, it's more screen accurate without wheels!"

::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2015, 05:37 PM »
I dunno, I can't help but compare it even to the Class I vehicles, which were simply miles superior to ANY of the Class II stuff we've gotten since.  Stamped thin plastic only works if you're getting a "deal" IMO.  Like with the giant hero X-Wing, it's essentially a properly scaled X-Wing, for $34-ish or less.

But $25 nets you sub-par stamped plastic ships that weren't nearly as cool as the little dropship thing, or Y-Wing...

That said, I still do like the TIE Advanced.  I think I'd really give the transport higher marks if it weren't hollow but actually had a floor.  I would at least feel like I could do something with it I guess.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Not looking forward to being disappointed with the upcoming MASK line (if that's still happening)  Wish this would have happened years ago when $20 new SW ships were plentiful..and much heavier.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:34 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN