Collectibles > Star Wars Rebels

Star Wars Rebels - 5 POA Animated Style Figs

<< < (2/12) > >>

Jesse James:
That's interesting since JTA was reporting animated style...  Now another sites saying something VERY different?  It's possible perhaps the animation itself is far less stylized and a little more realistic?  TE concepts for that imperial officer didn't look nearly as animated as TCW.  Nor did that inquisitor.

My stance is, depending on their gear and usability, I'm probably in for at least customizing.  $6 makes that a lot easier to stomach.  I may not buy all but some, sure.

I think separation of line looks is a mistake.  I think, in a time when you're trying to include everyone to make the most, that making a line of toys animated looking and going against almost the entire modern line is asking people to pick and choose...  It's tough to want to buy into something that doesn't blend with 90% of what I have.  That said I picked and chooses TCW and will do the same here.

I'm curious to see what the final character animation looks like.  This hybrid style may make aliens and droids fit in far better than they did in TCW line.  Humans may not mesh as well still. :/

Scockery:
I kinda don't like that they are going with the "black brow line blending into helmet lenses" look for the stormtroopers. It's not technically wrong, but just prefer the white gap, more like a skull, less like sunglasses.

JediJman:
What is between the CW animated style vs. the more realistic main line style?  Honestly, I thought some of the aliens from the CW series fit right in with main line stuff, so not sure what a hybrid of these two would look like.  I'd prefer they mesh with the rest of the line personally.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: JediJman on October 14, 2013, 02:31 PM ---What is between the CW animated style vs. the more realistic main line style?  Honestly, I thought some of the aliens from the CW series fit right in with main line stuff, so not sure what a hybrid of these two would look like. 
--- End quote ---

2008 Clone Wars was a hybrid look.  Some of the later CW wave figures went more "animated" (thinking Anakin/Obi-Wan for sure) and some ended up more "realistic" like some aliens and Cad Bane.  A while back there was a great developement pic that came out.  It really highlighted how some at LFL wanted pure animated, most of Hasbro wanted realistic, and they settled inbetween.

Jesse James:
Yeah that was Anakin and the realistic Ani wound up being their realistic figure test sculpt iirc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version