Author Topic: Tiny Death Star app  (Read 7866 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Tiny Death Star app
« on: November 9, 2013, 04:17 PM »
Loaded this app on my phone when it popped up a few days ago.I couldn't resist the name.

Very goofy and tongue in cheek. I am up to ten levels now, and enjoying the EU character name shout-outs and the random tweets by the "bitzens."

A fun distraction. Anyone else download it?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Tiny Death Star app
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 09:08 PM »
Yep...addicted is the right term here I think.  Pretty fun little game

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 07:10 AM »
This game is ridiculoud and kinda boring... yet I can't stop playing it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 03:15 PM »
Yup...  I am playing too.  This is goofy, but kind of fun.  I still am not sure what the point of it is.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: March 2, 2014, 05:01 PM »
I was talking big on twitter a few weeks ago about deleting this because they didn't have any new content...well now they do and I'm back playing.  Not sure about this whole salvage droid thing.  I did get an apartment yesterday and some new bitiZens. I'm currently at 97 levels and around 9,000,000 coins.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 06:29 PM »
I installed this app after seeing you guys talking about it on here.

It's a pretty fun little game. Kinda cute, full of lots of tongue-in-cheek-humor with the cut scenes and commands from the Emperor and Vader.

I've been playing for about a month now and I'm only at 66 levels - 10 of those are negative-number Imperial levels.

I've been following a pattern of:

1x Retail Level
1x Recreation Level
1x Food Level
1x Service Level
3x Residential Level

for each septet of levels - you get 15 bitiZens and need 12 of them to fully staff the businesses - so that means you have three "spaces" for floater/improved bitiZens to staff your business levels.

I'm pretty much spending my coins as I accumulate enough to buy the next level - which as of right now, means I get up to the 600K-700K range and then buy. Out of my levels right now, in the current septet I'm building, my food level and one of my residential levels are still being built.

In the beginning there was an Ugnaught VIP that you could get that would cut 1hr off the build time of any level, I would say since around having like 15 levels, I haven't gotten one of those VIPs since - do they only show up in the early stages of the game?

I was kinda shocked at the exponential growth in both the time it takes to build a level AND the cost to build a level, but I guess that's how these games work, otherwise, once you reached a critical mass of levels you'd have no problem adding the rest.

I'm at the point now where I can still get enough coins together so I always have 2 levels being worked on, so there's never any lull in new construction.

The one thing that I've found is an absolute must is to get three level 9, dream job employees at your businesses as quickly as possible - and it's always better to take a level 7 or 8, dream job employee at a business than it is to slot in a level 9 employee in the same business-type since the dream job employees produce 2x the limit of the item they order for. Getting the 2x of the item, even if it takes a little bit longer to get it, makes all the difference in the world of keeping that business open when I'm not playing the game.

I absolutely refuse to buy any of the in-game currency - finding Rebels, locating bitiZens, giving bitiZens their dream job and building new levels gets you the Imperial "Bux" fast enough as long as you don't spend them on completing item orders or levels faster. I'm currently saving up so I can get the final elevator - it's 499 bux to unlock and I'm at 319 bux right now - so I have a ways to go yet, but it is doable.

I'm sure if I play long enough to get to almost 100 levels like Scott has, I'll probably get sick of it, but for now, the curiosity-factor hasn't worn off yet so as boring as it is at times, I'm still engaged and want to keep playing.

Not bad for a free app....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 09:51 PM »
I get bored with it at times then I feel like I need to get back to it, so despite me wanting to quit, I'm still there plugging away.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 10:09 AM »
Holy new levels!  My ugnuaghts are going crazy for the next two days...now at 137 levels.  I still need three of the Salvage Mission levels.  Also unlocked lots of characters in the last week, Bespin Luke, Pilot Luke, Ithorian and more. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 09:24 AM »
So here's a question - if I wasn't playing back during the holidays, does that mean I've completely missed out on getting the Panna City Medicines level and/or Holiday Special Boba Fett?

And if I didn't have enough Imperial Levels so that I could make it to the final reward during the February promotion, does that mean I can't get the Imperial Marches level?

Lastly, what are the "Salvage Mission" levels?

Edit - nevermind, I found what the "Salvage Mission" levels are - there appears to be six of them:
  • Chiss Hospital
  • Endor Adventure
  • Kashyyyk Shack
  • Csilla Apartments
  • Endor Arms
  • Wookie Arms

They appear on the levels list with just a "lock" pad-lock on them but w/o any way of purchasing them. I suppose that means you could still get them "randomly" when you say "Build a Service/Recreation/Retail/Residential Level" - but I'm not 100% sure.

I blew through most of the bucks I had to send probes to Kashyyyk and I was able to get the Kashyyyk Shack level and two Wookies that are part of the Imperial Registry section of Bitizens - Quagga & Salporin. I had to look up where Quagga was from - apparently he was in the game Star Wars: Demolition. Salporin was in Heir to the Empire, so he's a Zahn creation.

The rescan is going to automatically occur for me in a few hours, I'm hoping that Csilla and/or Endor are in the rescan so I can try to get their Service/Recreation levels.

There are so many other Residential levels available, I would not be heartbroken if I never got those...

I did notice that the Imperial "Overbridge" level appears in the same way as these other "reward" levels - just a padlock on it, so I'm not sure if the Overbridge can also be picked up/found via a Salvage Mission or not...

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:51 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 12:15 PM »
They are running another "decoration" event right now - and if you can get up 60 levels decorated, you can get the Imperial Overbridge Level and along the way unlock Grand Moff Tarkin.

I've blown through all of the Imperial Bux I had been accumulating on the Salvage Droids.

I think it's complete rubbish that if you spend 25 bux on the "gold" salvage droid that you don't always get something good. When you end up getting stuff you can manufacture on the Imperial levels that, to me, just defeats the purpose of using the Salvage droid in the first place.

I've had the most success with Endor so far - I've unlocked the Endor Arms, Willy, Teebo, Weechee, Teek, Shodu, Deej and Logray. So the only Endor item I have left is the Endor Adventure level.

I've also been able to get the Csilla Apartments and a couple of Chiss in the Galactic Registry.

I'm basically building up my bux during the cycles where the three scan areas are Debris/Asteroid fields. I also haven't spent any bux salvaging the ship wreck - looks like from that all you end up getting are unlocking the droids in the Galactic Registry - Series 1 group, so I've focused only on the areas that can net me levels.

Everything I've read online indicates that I'm totally SOL when it comes to getting Panna City Medicines, Holiday Edition Boba Fett and Imperial Marches. Hopefully that will change in the future. I have level 9 dream job bitizens for both of those levels and I'm going to hold on to them with the hopes that I'll be able to acquire those levels some day.

Fingers crossed that Endor Adventure, Chiss HSP and Wookie Arms don't become equally unobtainable at the end of this month....
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 6, 2014, 04:18 PM »
As it stands now I've probably blown about 600 bux on salvage droids and I still have yet to obtain the Chiss Hospital and Endor Adventure levels (nor Wookie Arms as well). I have acquired all of the Chiss and Endor bitizens and I'm down to just needing Tarfful in the Wookie group.

I still have continued to avoid spending any bux on the shipwreck salvage location.

The most frustrating result from salvage is when they give you 10 bux back saying you already got that reward. Since I've gotten duplicate Imperial production rewards, that must mean that the mechanism wanted to unlock a bitizen or level I already have. If the randomizer has determined "give the player a rare item" I don't understand why it just doesn't pull an item off the available list from that salvage zone - seems like I could go through 100s more bux and still not get rewarded with the three levels I have left to get.

Peter

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 03:19 PM »
Currently playing this for the past 2 months.  Interesting, but seems to have to keep up with it.  I'm at the point where it takes days to complete a level (I know, the sphere only gets larger!).  But it seems like the Emperor's missions would get bigger rewards as time goes on, too.

Also, it says to connect to facebook to save the DS (and earn more salvage droids), but when I connect, it's rarely there to save.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 04:14 PM »
I deleted months ago.  Slow to update, was closing itself...  I bailed.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 06:22 PM »
I don't think they have any plans on updating it anymore. I guess the number of players didn't meet what they were expecting. Wish they would just open up the reward levels and characters and make them purchasable.
Peter

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 11:53 AM »
I have hit the locked levels on retail... and there are six left, I believe.  How lame.