Author Topic: Screen Scenes  (Read 13679 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: NEW PICTURES of the other THREE PACK
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2003, 01:05 PM »
I've always liked the three-packs.  I sure hope I can find them!! ;)
Beth

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2003, 03:37 PM »
Yep, these look spectacular.  I remember for the past few years some of us at the rebelscum forums wanted the council to be made with chairs, and so many people claimed that they would be stupid with chairs.  Funny, I don't see anyone anywhere complaining now.  I just hope these aren't too hard to find.

I'm also extremely impressed with the Geonosian War Room.

:P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2003, 04:38 PM »
I'm especially happy that they went with the three Jedi they chose for the second Jedi Council scene.  The speculation had been that we'd get a previously released council member and two new ones.  Releasing three all-new Jedi Council members is a good move.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2003, 08:00 PM »
Well, there is one thing they could have done better.  That Nute Gunray figure is the same body as the weak EI figure.  I do not even want to speculate as to why they posed the arms and hands the way they did.  And I'm not sure what we're supposed to do with them.   :D

But damn, look at all these new figs we're getting in these three packs!

Poggle the Lesser!
Shu Mai!
San Hill!
Passel Argente
Oppo Rancissis!
Evan Piell
Deepa Billaba
YARAEL POOF!
Yaddle

:D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2003, 09:19 PM »
I can not wait to get all 4 of these scenes.  Now the council figures won't have lightsabers correct?  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2003, 11:53 PM »
These things are excellent.  I like the multipack idea, now that I mostly open things.  They seem to put a little more effort into packaging too if you want to keep them carded.  

More Jedi makes me happy. ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2003, 10:37 AM »
I can not wait to get all 4 of these scenes.  Now the council figures won't have lightsabers correct?  

Well, if you have the EPISODE I Naboo (1 green lightsaber) or Gungan accessory pack (one blue lightsaber), or the SAGA Arena Conflict accessory set (this one includes two lightsabers), you can start equipping the new Jedi with some of those lightsabers.

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2003, 11:08 AM »
Well, if you have the EPISODE I Naboo (1 green lightsaber) or Gungan accessory pack (one blue lightsaber), or the SAGA Arena Conflict accessory set (this one includes two lightsabers), you can start equipping the new Jedi with some of those lightsabers.

Very good point!  I didn't even think about that, so those accessory sets are worth something after all then, huh?   ;)
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2003, 12:42 PM »
Yep.  The only Jedi left lightsaber-less is Mace Windu, since there haven't been any purple lightsabers thrown in the accessory packs.

Feedback

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
New Saga Screen Scenes
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2003, 04:28 PM »
I really like the Jedi Council scene, and the three all new and much needed Jedi in that set!  So we've got one third of the total Jedi Council as far as floor space and chairs goes.  Anyone really think we're going to eventually be getting four more of these sets?  I thought we might before, but that was assuming there were some rehashes thrown into each set.  I might just have to buy several extras to make the complete Council.

I will be upset if Depa is unable to sit though.  That kind of defeats the purpose of the whole scene, even if she's not seated in the pack.  She sure as heck wasn't standing up in any of the movies from what I can recall.  I also really hope Hasbro throws us a bone and includes the lightsabers for these guys.  It'd be a shame if they didn't, and it would probably cost them all of a dime to do so.

It's cool that we'll be able to complete the Geonosis War Room table now, and I'm glad we got a couple more new figures in that set as well, but that said, they don't really excite me too much.  Glad they're being made, but just kind of dumb characters (by George) to begin with.  Oh well!

Now I wish we'd just get a few Screen Scenes from the Original Trilogy now dammit!  Where's the rest of my cantina and Jabba's Palace aliens Hasbro?!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 1, 2003, 11:10 AM »

Yeah that's a good idea.   I just wish Hasbro would have added them.  I know they did not use them in the council scenes but c'mon their Jedi!!!!  :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 1, 2003, 02:50 PM »
I think Hasbro's chain of thought was "well, we never see the Jedi with their lightsabers in the Council Chamber.  They might look kind of dopey sitting down with lightsabers ignited".  Or at least something to that effect.

Feedback

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 1, 2003, 03:53 PM »
I don't mind it either way to be honest.  I am getting them no matter what.   I still think each Jedi should have his/her own lightsaber.  We can always take it out of their hand to sit on the counci and discuss Jedi business.  Oh well, it's not a big deal anyway.  

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #28 on: July 1, 2003, 04:12 PM »
The lightsabers don't bother me too much, either.  I have so many extras lying around that if I wanted to give them one, it'd be no problem.  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 2, 2003, 12:54 AM »
I don't mind it either way to be honest.  I am getting them no matter what.   I still think each Jedi should have his/her own lightsaber.  We can always take it out of their hand to sit on the counci and discuss Jedi business.  Oh well, it's not a big deal anyway.  

Precisely.  I'm just happy that they're doing these things, and the figures look pretty decent.  I hope availability on these are good, and that the screen scenes will continue for some time.  I've been deabating how many of these I'm gonna buy, and if I'm going to try making the entire council chamber.

Feedback