Author Topic: Avengers Infinite  (Read 18536 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Avengers Infinite
« on: December 27, 2013, 08:52 PM »
Didn't see it posted yet, but it looks like we finally know a little bit more about the post-MU 3 3/4" line.  Dan Curto had posted this scan from Previews magazine:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=16827

It shows the first wave of what is being called the "Avengers Infinite" series, at least according to this information (although it seems confusing as the "Infinite" title is being used to describe the Legends lines for both Cap and Spidey as well.  Here's the lineup:

Captain America
Iron Man
"Platinum" Wasp
"Platinum" Hyperion
"Platinum" Hulk
"Platinum" Grim Reaper

Not sure what platinum means, aside from the figures pictured are all new ones while the non "platinum" ones (Cap and IM) seem to be repacks.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Avengers Infinite
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 08:28 AM »
they are called "Platinum" figures because they are only going to be packed one per case and therefore will sell for roughly the same cost of their respective weight in platinum on the secondary markets.

;)

I wonder how long til we start seeing these on Chinabay?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 11:21 AM »
Long live MU!!!!

Call it Avengers platinum if need be.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 11:27 AM »
They're seriously kicking this new line off with a repacked Cap and repacked Iron Man?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 01:33 PM »

I wonder how long til we start seeing these on Chinabay?

Street date of 03/2014?  They'll probably trickle in from Asia in February.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 08:15 PM »
They're seriously kicking this new line off with a repacked Cap and repacked Iron Man?

That part's not good, but if that's what it takes to get 4 great new figures in Wave 1 when we thought the line might be dead, then fine.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:16 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 09:54 PM »

That part's not good, but if that's what it takes to get 4 great new figures in Wave 1 when we thought the line might be dead, then fine.

Well, 3 new figures potentially.  Do we really need yet another Hulk?  New sculpt or not, they should have gone elsewhere.  I don't mind Cap and Iron  Man if they are one per case - will be disappointed if there are more.  Iron Man should at least be a repaint - if not, that's just lazy.  We haven't had a Stealth IM in a while...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 11:32 AM »
Hulk is a hot character right now.  At least with fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  Hulk STOLE the show in Avengers.  In that regard it makes perfect sense that Marvel & Hasbro would want to capitalize on his popularity right now.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 11:47 AM »
Hulk is a hot character right now.  At least with fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  Hulk STOLE the show in Avengers.  In that regard it makes perfect sense that Marvel & Hasbro would want to capitalize on his popularity right now.

I'm not saying Hulk shouldn't be in the assortment - I was questioning the logic in yet another mold of him, since they already have a few solid ones.  They come in a case of 12, so repack those three with Thor, then give us 2x of 4 truly new figures.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 5, 2014, 07:29 AM »

I'm not saying Hulk shouldn't be in the assortment - I was questioning the logic in yet another mold of him, since they already have a few solid ones.  They come in a case of 12, so repack those three with Thor, then give us 2x of 4 truly new figures.

I am no expert - but I dont think much on this new hulk is new.  Most of him comes from Thanos/Juggy/Apocalypse.  The new stuff being his head, his chest and forearm armor and maybe his forearms and hands.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 01:53 PM »
Pics are up on BBTS if anyone want s to see them.  Hyperion and Wasp look solid, as does the Grim Reaper, but I don't buy the villains.  Hulk looks ridiculous.  I don't even mind the Iron Man and Cap repacks, but THREE Iron Man vs. ONE Wasp?  Really?  I just don't understand Hasbro.  What data is telling them that a repackaged Iron Man, after 50 different versions of this guy, is going to sell at 3x the rate of a brand new and beloved Wasp figure?  FFS!  Can anyone make sense of this?  I get that Iron Man is cheaper for them to produce, but not in the long run if the item doesn't sell.  I can't imagine 6 to 9 Iron Men flooding the pegs is good for anyone. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 04:18 PM »
I did a WTF when I saw that BBTS wasn't offering the Wasp on her own and then read your post, Jman. It's probably the same old story:  female action figures statistically do not sell well.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:19 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 12:50 AM »
I wonder if sales would be better if Hasbro actually made more of them.  Can't imagine anyone wanting more Shae Vizla or Bastilla Shan.  Good thing Guri didn't top the EU most wanted figure list this year.  Oh wait...

Hell, even the Marvel U I think Aurora and Dagger have been some of the hardest to find figures lately.  I'm betting Wasp is more popular than either of those two.  Just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 11:13 AM »
The Wasp shortpacking is frustrating, because that's the only figure I really want from that wave, and I can't preorder it.  I may pick up the Reaper figure as well, and we'll see about the Hulk, but I don't really have the need for either of them (or the others in this wave).  I have plenty of Caps and Iron Men, and haven't ever cared about Hyperion all that much.  Figures look nice in the pics though.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 04:37 PM »
I wonder if sales would be better if Hasbro actually made more of them.  Can't imagine anyone wanting more Shae Vizla or Bastilla Shan.  Good thing Guri didn't top the EU most wanted figure list this year.  Oh wait...

When you artificially create a shortage of a character through shortpacking, you drive up their desirability.  Hence Shae Viszla and Bastila were VHTF figures.  That's a calculated move by Hasbro because of the long running track record with female characters.

Case in point?  The Lost Line Look wave from the TVC line was pretty equally packed.  There are some places I know where you can still find this particular wave of figures.  And guess who's left?  Bespin Leia.  The Clones, Sandtrooper and Vader have pretty well sold through.  Even Jar Jar has sold.  But some of those Leias still linger.

Feedback