Author Topic: Avengers Infinite  (Read 18569 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Avengers Infinite
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 09:58 PM »
Still looking for a red She-Hulk.  This line is attrocious for distribution.   :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 04:26 PM »
Still looking for a red She-Hulk.  This line is attrocious for distribution.   :-\

No sign of her around here either.  The cases are so few and far between that even when they do show up I'd be likely to miss them.  I can't figure out if Valkrye is in the next wave or not - seems like she's listed in some case assortments, but not others...  ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 5, 2014, 03:48 PM »
I keep forgetting this line exists because nobody stocks it. I was at Austin Comic Con earlier this weekend and saw some figures for sale but no Red She Hulks or anything interesting. Looking up cases, the newest figure they had was Cyclops.

I also see some pretty awesome figures coming in 2015, so I guess I should just preorder a case or something because they won't be showing up here.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 7, 2014, 06:40 AM »
All I ever see from this line are the same four figures:  Cap, Iron Man, Hyperion and Reaper.

I would like to pick up Ant Man and Wasp, but this line has been beyond scarce.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2014, 07:23 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 7, 2014, 07:29 AM »
I finally saw a Wasp in the wild at TRU last week, along with Hulk, Reaper, and a few others I rarely see.  Seems TRU is just getting that case though, so not sure when or if Red Shulkie will show.   :-\
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2014, 10:29 AM »
Finally found the Wasp.  And at a couple of stores, no less.  Still no sign of Ant Man yet, but he'll probably turn up at some point.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2014, 02:37 PM »
I didn't realize you guys were so far behind.  I'd assumed that first wave came through quite some time ago as it initially showed up north at TRU/Wally back in late August.  I never did come across a Wasp until I bought one online.  So a bit of regret there, except that I bought Wasp along with Yellowjacket and then the whole wave of Cyclops/Omega Red/Ares/Ant Man/Deathlok/Valkyrie. 

I will say they certainly had no need to include a Cap nor Iron Man figure in that first wave and yet again, a poor assortment in the first wave kills later sales by killing orders.  That's the only wave that has shown in my part of Canada and we still have Cap/Iron Man/Reaper/Hyperion clogging up the pegs.  Same old, same old. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2014, 12:04 AM »
Gave in.  Since I was ordering the LOTR EE BluRays from Amazon, I snagged the red She-Hulk figure at the same time for $10.99.  Couldn't get the timing down to find it on HTS. 

I think the only thing I'm missing that's out and non-exclusive is the Wonderman figure. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2014, 12:34 AM »
That's a nice score.  She's like $19 now.   :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2015, 12:56 PM »
Interesting find last night. 

Wandered into our largest grocery store called "Superstore".  It's part of a nationwide chain run by Loblaws and the chain stores go under a variety of names, depending on where you are in Canada.  It's kind of like a poor man's Costco, carrying everything under the sun minus the auto stuff, but in summer you can buy a lawnmower there if you like.  They always have a toy section too and I've bought some SW stuff there over the years.  It's always more expensive for toys though too. 

So I took my traditional walk through there and they had the old, crappy Marvel toys they've had for months.  But in the diecast cars section  ???  I stumbled across the latest wave of Marvel Infinite figures and was able to pick up Black Cat, Beast (blue) and both versions of Sandman.  I left behind the grey Beast, the black and neon green Spidey figure and the Hawkeye figure.  From what I could tell everything is 2x per case except Black Cat and Hawkeye. 

The bummer is the price.  These were a whopping $14.99  :o  so after tax they were a silly $16.94 per.  Ouch.  I'd been waiting to get them off HTS but they (all but spidey) disappeared last night from the site.  It's about all I collect these days so I sucked it up and bought them.  My understanding is that U.S. retail is going to be $12.99 on these so I guess it's not that far out of line with the tumbling Canadian dollar.

by edit: I looked around online and it's showing the wave to contain Bishop and Daredevil as well.  No sign of those guys at all on the pegs.  Could be I missed them.  That would suck, because Bishop would have brought me right up to date on what's been released.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:16 PM by Morgbug »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2015, 04:09 PM »
Yeah, I'm seeing these anywhere from $10-14 in the US.  Haven't seen any of the wave you mentioned though, so kudos on finding them so quickly!  That Hawkeye is just a repack, right?  Looks like the Dark Avengers one based on the pictures from Entertainment Earth.  Their casepack shows the following: 

1x AVN BISHOP
2x AVN BIG TIME SPIDERMAN
1x AVN BLACK CAT
2x AVN CLASSIC SANDMAN
1x AVN SANDMAN
2x AVN BLUE BEAST
1x AVN GREY BEAST
1x AVN HAWKEYE
1x AVN DAREDEVIL

You may have a different assortment up North or maybe the others already sold through.  If the pegs were packed, you might want to try back for the ones you missed in case they were just back-stocked.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2015, 11:12 PM »
Thanks Justin.

Just a single case.  This retailer is kind of weird in that they put stuff out and if it sells, great.  But the restock rate is shockingly slow, as in months.  So I'm trying to stumble onto other stores in the same chain in hopes of finding Bishop. 

I didn't think there was anything new about Hawkeye at all.  I haven't looked real closely but I can't even find the differences between Dark Hawkeye and just Hawkeye. ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 02:05 PM »
The Barton version of Hawkeye has bare arms and a mild expression.  Dark Hawkeye (Bullseye) has long sleeves and a shifty evil grin.

Did you ever find a Red She-hulk?  I still have yet to see this in the wild.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 07:01 PM »
Yup, but just timed it well to find it on Amazon.  She never showed up locally. 

We only ever saw wave 1 on the pegs, nothing after that, except in the last two weeks at one Walmart they had the Guardians of the Galaxy wave.  I don't recall if She-hulk was on that wave or not, she wasn't at the store.  That wave, along with Wonderman I was able to score off HTS right around Christmas time. 

So I'm caught up to the point of only missing Bishop now.  Have checked multiple stores where I found the rest of the wave and none of them have put anything out. 

Gave in.  Since I was ordering the LOTR EE BluRays from Amazon, I snagged the red She-Hulk figure at the same time for $10.99.  Couldn't get the timing down to find it on HTS. 

I think the only thing I'm missing that's out and non-exclusive is the Wonderman figure.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 11:40 PM »
Whatever happened with Northstar? Did he ever get released?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy