Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Class II Vehicles  (Read 26167 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Class II Vehicles
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2015, 12:15 PM »
I'll get one for my four-year-old.  I may pick up one for myself to put next to my vintage version.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2015, 07:38 PM »
I love the design a lot, just not a fan of the toy.  After I was sorta burned by the AT-DP's quality, I'm suspicious of this one's ultimate in-person quality as well.  For the price and all, it's just a tough pill these days.

I found the TIE Advanced to be the best of the lot actually.  I thought it had the most sturdy build, most detail, most complexity in its design...  I didn't get The Phantom however, but I did look it over and I wasn't impressed.

It's definitely closer to a 1/35-ish scale (ala Kubies).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2015, 01:31 AM »
I think they did a decent job on the Phantom.  It's pretty well built and at least the figures fit in it.  ( I have two Millenium Falcons that I can't say that about).
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2015, 01:27 PM »
Has there been any talk of Target getting a vehicle assortment that includes the troop transport, or a transport with a pack-in figure?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2015, 01:41 PM »
There were rumors of a Target exclusive Troop Transport with Stormtrooper, but it was never shown or confirmed the way the other three exclusives were.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2015, 03:16 PM »
Finally cracked open my Imperial Troop Transport.  Overall I think its a pretty solid toy for $20.

Its solid and sturdy, so it won't break while playing with the kids.  The spring loaded missiles work just fine and figures fit in there perfectly.  Sure its a little short and figure's heads stick out over the top, but its not that bad for a toy.  At least figures can sit in the vehicle to "drive" it.  I like the internal spots for holding guns and stuff too.

My only two gripes are that I hate putting on tiny, tiny little stickers.  I wish they would either leave them out of the design, or find a way to paint them on.  And it would have been nice to have rolling wheels on the bottom.  Ultimately I understand that wheels were probably omitted to save on the cost, but it would be fun to be able to roll the vehicle across the floor.

I would definitely recommend picking up this toy if you ever come across it.  I got mine from HTS, and have never seen one in a store.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2015, 03:23 PM »
I'm with you Dave. Wheels would have been nice. I lost a mini decal while trying to tweezer it on. But otherwise I like it. Another toy I can't see where all the hate is coming from.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2015, 10:59 PM »
I can't see where all the hate is coming from.

It's pretty much coming from it not being 100% like the vintage Kenner toy I imagine.  Doors aren't the same, it's smaller, no wheels, no electronics, etc etc. 

Like the rest of this line, these new ships are nice for what they are - cheap, small, and simple.  But, if you'd need anything beyond that, you'll probably be disappointed.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2015, 07:59 AM »
I don't mind the updated design, but seeing the size was a bummer for me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2015, 12:35 AM »
For me, that's some of it, but I never really cared one way or the other on the Vintage ship comparatively to this one...  I just wanted something superior than what we got, ultimately. 

It's basically stamped low-grade plastic, at this point, for $25.  On this particular vehicle it's taken to what felt like a bit of an extreme too, with the two seat thing going on.  It doesn't have a "floor" to speak of, so you can basically just set a couple figures in it.  A lot of what feels like wasted space then taking a bottom out of the equation.

I felt the lack of rolling wheels was a huge disappointment.  Again, no floor, not really as easy to do that either.  The weapons don't move much, and it inhibits it somewhat. 

And of course, it's a fair bit small...  Just all around disappointing.  I was pleased to have gotten it for $20 shipped, but anything more at a store and I'd have returned it once I saw how disappointing it was.  To me it just sucks.  I thought the AT-DP sucked too.

If the transport were more of a box than just basically 2 seats, I'd probably have given it a little more love.  That's where, compared to the vintage one, i think it probably failed the most, to me.  The wheels would be a close 2nd too though.

I liked the TIE Advanced somewhat.  The Phantom I never picked up, so I'm indifferent on it.  I found the TIE kind of fun though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2015, 03:26 PM »
All the design concessions for the ITT are acceptable for a toy. But no wheels? It's a friggin' transport! How am I are kids supposed to jump it off a ramp, or do a Thelma and Louise off a table?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Hasbro would probably say "Hey, it's more screen accurate without wheels!"

::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2015, 05:37 PM »
I dunno, I can't help but compare it even to the Class I vehicles, which were simply miles superior to ANY of the Class II stuff we've gotten since.  Stamped thin plastic only works if you're getting a "deal" IMO.  Like with the giant hero X-Wing, it's essentially a properly scaled X-Wing, for $34-ish or less.

But $25 nets you sub-par stamped plastic ships that weren't nearly as cool as the little dropship thing, or Y-Wing...

That said, I still do like the TIE Advanced.  I think I'd really give the transport higher marks if it weren't hollow but actually had a floor.  I would at least feel like I could do something with it I guess.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Not looking forward to being disappointed with the upcoming MASK line (if that's still happening)  Wish this would have happened years ago when $20 new SW ships were plentiful..and much heavier.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:34 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN