Community > Other Toy Lines

Acid Rain - by Ori Toy

(1/28) > >>

Jeff:
I was looking through the latest BBTS newsletter and I saw these - Acid Rain by someone called Ori Toy.

It's like a 3.75" scale figure line where they pilot/drive Mech/Transformers type vehicles.  The vehicles are expensive ($100+), but they look awesome.  Neat line, but may be too expensive for me to test out sight unseen.  :-\

Anyone have more info or have seen any of these close-up?

Jesse James:
The background on the line is that world war 2 didn't end and sort of continues in this futuristic "what if" scenario.  I was very interested till prices turned up and I almost gagged.  $20 for figures is even high but the vehicles floored me.  If these were in line with Star Wars in pricing I'd be jumping in I feel sure.  Even like $12 figures I'd give a go.  The tanks and things I can see $50-$60 but yikes.  I want but my want has limits.  If they get manufacturing support from a larger company maybe that'll help lower costs.  They're a pretty new company (I think).

I wanted to add though, I think that stuff's awesome...  That walker/tank in 2 pieces, my goodness I want that. :(

Jesse James:
Price be damned, I may order that 2-pack of figures with the base.

I soooooo want that tank mech suit.

Jeff:
I know, right?  I saw those pics and was blown away and then cried a little inside when I saw the price.

Like you said, that two piece tank thing that transforms into a base and Mech/walker thing is so bad-ass.  I'd love to see this stuff get picked up into wider release somehow to bring the cost down.

Very cool stuff though.  Might have to keep an eye on more of these "designer" 3.75" scale companies that are out there (like the Aliens thing you were talking about the other day).

efranks:
Hiss Tank has been covering these for a while but Monte Williams posted a photo review of one of the vehicles, Stronghold ST-1 Marine Quad Eyes 303rd Division

E...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version