Author Topic: Acid Rain - by Ori Toy  (Read 52607 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Acid Rain - by Ori Toy & Toys Alliance (now)
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2018, 12:19 AM »
Huge news for Acid Rain...  Their new design/manufacturing partner "Toys Alliance" is at a show in HK right now and debuted their first prototypes.  Figure And Vehicle series...  small vehicles and a figure.  Simple.  Or 2-packs too in some cases, as one vehicle is a robot who can transform into a quadruped robot...  Looks like the United States will get its first characters/figures for the series too.

Check out our stories on the front page.  Upping the sci-fi ante is great for me.  I like the crossover potential with Star Wars the most anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Acid Rain - by Ori Toy
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2018, 10:56 PM »
Space Prisoner on sale at EE for $22.49! Tempting...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2018, 11:19 PM »
Cool gig but beware loosening his joints.  They be fragile.  Ori Toys is cool on replacement parts tho too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2019, 12:33 PM »
Anyone seen these Planet Green Valley figures BFS is doing? Very reminiscent of Acid Rain in that it's a unique story concept and homegrown toy line. 1/18th scale, all female figures. Cool stuff, tons of gear, accessories, etc.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2019, 11:53 PM »
They're their own line, BFS isn't doing them.  They're just selling them as an outlet like anyone else.  I don't know if they're being manufactured in the same factories or not that the two companies are using, but the guy doing the PGV line is wholly his own dude, and is running manufacturing and design as their own entity.  They are only the first in a (hopefully) long broad line of figures.  His designs include mechs, droids, space suited characters...  no vehicles yet as they're quite small, and this guy really seems to want to focus on figures and their accessories, and bringing these out at affordable prices too.  He's kind of miffed US distributors have jacked the MSRP up or aren't willing to work with him directly on distribution (BFS is, however, I believe working with him directly).  Hong Kong and Malaysia sellers are dealing with him directly.  BBTS is bringing them in through a middle-man I believe, and have a jacked up price for that reason ($34/figure). 

I'm mulling over my options on getting these right now...  I'm not sure what way I'll be going on them.

There are a few lines out right now all within a similar sci-fi influenced genre.  Acid Rain seemed to be the catalyst for this...  Planet Green Valley is a very high-end looking line, so I can't even bitch at $34 a figure honestly, but there are other lines from companies called Devil Toys and JoyToy and they're ok but not on par with what PGV looks like (just my opinion).  I'll gladly support them though. Their stuff looks cool, just maybe not quite as cool as PGV is right now haha.  It's much more Acid-Rain-ish looking (weathering and such) but the quality is a notch below.  I have some of the Devil Toys figures and they're fragile to say the least.  Hiya-ish in quality which is nice, but delicate.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 4, 2019, 04:13 PM »
I need to put an order in with BFS for one of the Planet Green Valley figures. I'm interested to see the quality and where the line goes in the future.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: March 5, 2019, 03:19 AM »
If you’ve seen some of his prototypes of robots and space suited people it’s just all epic.

He has posted renders of figures for another toy line kind of a take off on Acid Rain but World War I basically doesn’t end and keeps evolving militarily speaking.  Kinda nuts how cool the designs are for that line.  Planet Green Valley looks like it’d translate to Star Wars well if the articulation style doesn’t big you mixing.

JoyToy’s stuff is like a dream 3.75” Titanfall toy line tho so that’s something I’m now strongly debating going in on too.   ::)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 9, 2019, 12:53 AM »
I went ahead and ordered one of the Mind Controller PGV figs from BFS today. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: March 9, 2019, 07:52 PM »
Final products have looked great...  guys bitching about the paint jobs not being the same as prototypes but that’s typical with all toylines.  I’m excited for these.  Their droid and spacesuit figures are my true dream figures though.  Can’t wait for those.  I’ve skipped the schoolgirl figures for now but May wind up buying at some point.  That’s a pretty specific Asian culture thing so I don’t see how they’d blend in if I wanted them in a Star Wars dio or something ya know?

Check out the JoyToy guys E.  Holy **** those Titanfall mech tipoffs are a dream come true.  Just make sure you select the 1/18 option at the bottom of the page cuz they do 1/24 that is surprisingly close and tough to distinguish one line from the other.  Their whole thing is Acid Rain meets Titanfall. 😬

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2019, 02:07 AM »
I was a little on the fence on the PGV figure until the packaged shots were released and liked the change to the Mind Controller figure better which locked that in as the one I picked up for now.

I've seen the JoyToy stuff and it looks great. The mech suits are where it's at.

There are a lot of companies in the 1:18 market that I could be spending money on but I need to be cutting back, not expanding. The PGV drew me in partially because I'm always looking for more female characters to add to the ranks.

I've put in a couple recent orders with Marauders (on top of having backed the Agency/Contract/Dog/Exo Kickstarter), I'm definitely in on some of the upcoming Boss Fight stuff, the PGV fig... Plus I'm still waiting on the Eagle Force Kickstarter to ship as well as the BFS horses.

So. Much. Stuff.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2019, 09:30 PM »
Yeah seriously...

PGV
JoyToy 1/18 & Vehicles (soon)
DevilToys weird ass Android figures (quality is so so but they’re nice)
Hiya Aliens 1/18
Hiya Super Heroes 1/18
Hiya Predators galore
Super7 stuff (I don’t like all of it but I do like some)
And Acid Rain being produced by two companies now in 1/18
Marauder Inc (WW2 for me but I’m always tempted to dip into modern)
Chicken fried Toys Western figs on the way soon
And... of course 3.75” Star Wars.

Sprinkle in my modeling habits which are all 1/18-1/20-ish scaled and yeah that’s a lotta ****.

This is why I’m content if Star Wars permanently canned 3.75” stuff.  I know, blasphemy, but I figure customizing g would have a far more defined nature in my hobby habits then too.  I’d know they weren’t going to do something I was thinking of doing.  Always hated that.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 09:32 PM by Jesse James »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 2, 2019, 09:54 AM »
That Sand Bunker set!  :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: May 2, 2019, 08:42 PM »
It’s awesome.  It connects to the trailer.  It’s hitting when I don’t have the $ for this stuff in bulk. 🙄

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2019, 11:10 AM »
Robot soldiers now?! Duuuuuude, want. ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2019, 03:51 PM »
They've done others but these are a diff faction of robot soldiers.  The others are quite cool though, and quite expensive now.  :-\