Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines - by Hiya Toy  (Read 33642 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines - by Hiya Toy
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 03:41 PM »
Hiya Toys is only making figures for the video game, which was a dud, but the toys are freakishly cool.

I got the Warrior and love it, and that review is definitely worth checking out if anyone's interested in buying modern Aliens figures...  I just am hoping if they get to Colonial Marine figures they'll be really nice.  Hiya's human figures are hit/miss.  Their aliens have been flawless though so far.

I am not really up on who all is making toys for the overall Alien umbrella?  There's Funko but it's all 4" retro stuff, then Hiya is all for just this video game in 4" scale.  I'm not up on other scales enough to know who's doing what.  I know there's a 6" or 7" line...  Is that it, barring high end stuff like busts and statues and whatnot?

There have been 3 companies make high-end 4" figures over the years, but at this point only Hiya's doing anything and it's kind of funny how they're doing some things from the movie, but via the video game.  You won't get Hicks, but you might get a Hicks-like guy.  ;D  I have a Hicks from Hot Toys and it'll be damn tough for them to beat those though, but their aliens are pretty damn awesome so maybe.  Like I say though, their human figures for other lines haven't always been perfect.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 03:26 PM »
Hiya posted another shot of the prototype Power Loader...  I'm already pondering how I could light an amber flasher on the top. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 10:18 AM »
Another review, this time the Alien Lurker figure.

Also, Hiya is doing a fan poll on the Marines...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 02:52 PM »
Voted but I honestly don't care which Marines they make, just make some f'n Marines! :)

And again, I cannot recommend people get the Aliens enough...  Get them, have them hanging in your Cantina or whatnot.  Let them stalk your figures.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 03:21 PM »
Those are pretty cool.  Who sells them?  I liked the review, but couldn't figure where I would go to give them my money.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 04:06 PM »
BBTS is one of the only US places I've seen taking orders for them.

I'd still like to pick one up but just haven't pulled the trigger on which of the four versions I want most...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 06:57 PM »
You can get them on BlackSheepToys eBay store too, but beyond those two places I've never seen them anywhere else.

Might I add, the aliens all come with eggs, a nice sizable base that looks like grated deck plating, and a face hugger...  You seriously can't beat stuff like that.  Those are sweet accessories to pack in with an alien and similar to how Microman's alien figures were done.  No chestbursters is all. :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 12:22 AM »
Straight from the source, they'll have 3 USCMarines and the Power Loader, then back to World War II figures.

3 Marines is a nice grouping, and the loader itself is obviously all kinds of kick ass.

Their Spring Offensive Germans were mixed reviewed though, so I'm sort of curious to see how they do with the USCM.  The headscuplts were so-so and the webbing didn't fit right, but aside from that they were SA soldiers, and decent.  Not quite 21st or FOV quality but not too many steps from it either.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 02:17 PM »
Hicks Prototype released today:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: July 2, 2015, 12:09 AM »
Hiya got the paint master back on the Power Loader...  Not much, but what they show, holy ****.  :o

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 02:55 PM by Jeff »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2015, 06:02 PM »
Awesome, but I don't think they will look right next to my Funko figures...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2015, 06:56 PM »
They will look beyond awesome with the Aliens they made though so count me in for two Power Loaders and 2x each fig!  :D

Gonna hope for EE to carry these.  Wish I had some confirmation!  I have a Hicks from Hot Toys but this looks better IMO.  Hudson I can't wait to see.  Game over man game over!!!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:00 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: January 3, 2016, 05:09 PM »
Hiya have now pictured Hudson all painte up and stuff.  These have been now pushed to Q1 2016 which was expected.  I guess paint issues and an issue with accessories is the hold-up.  Either way I'm ok waiting if the quality is there.  I really want 2 loaders but one for now will suffice.  I'd like a few of each colonial marine too.  So far Hicks, Hudson (game over man!  Game over!) and a guy from Aliens: Colonial Marines are coming so that's a nice mix.  I'm really hopin they sneak in Bishop and Ripley...  Some steady gun grunts would be nice, especially Vasquez. 

If the loader sells, perhaps they'll try the apc? :x one can hope!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: January 6, 2016, 07:39 PM »

Hudson (GAME OVER MAN!  GAME OVER!)

Look at those f'n awesome stands!  I'd buy like 30 of those alone.  :-X

Corporal Hicks

Power Loader

Alien Soldier (older figure, out a while)

I'm excited for these. :)  HOt Toys figures came/went, were pricey (this much adjusted for inflation I'd wager) at the time...  And not as poseable.  They're poseable, but limited.  They're better sculpts, slightly less generic IMO and featured two body styles, a Ripley, etc.  COmbined they'll look awesome together IMO.

My only gripe, I don't see holsters for the pistols so I'm a lil bummed on that, but I think I could fix that via Marauder Inc.

This is awesome though.  Marines are $24.99.  Aliens are $22.99 (came out a year or two ago, awesome though and worth owning a set!), and the Power Loader is $84.99.  Pricey, but super articulated itself and pretty damn nicely painted to boot.  As are the Marines.

I'm down for 2 sets of Marines, 2 Loaders, and at least another set of Aliens.  I don't have a full set yet, but want more.

There's a Marine from the Aliens: Colonial Marines game that is coming too.  A spanish named character, not part of the movie.  I'm hoping they put out a Ripley and Bishop, as well as a steady-gunner (Vasquez is my vote as Hot Toys did her partner).

I'm just hell bent on getting these.  They look fantastic. :)  People who wanted 4" aliens figures, support this line.  It's a good investment IMO.