Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines - by Hiya Toy  (Read 33520 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines - by Hiya Toy
« Reply #60 on: May 9, 2017, 02:19 AM »
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DCL50187&id=JE-405087801
Lt. Cruz (Badass looking!)

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DCL50190&id=JE-405087801
Pvt Redding (Making me all the more want a good Vasquez figure in this scale finally ::))

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DCL50191&id=JE-405087801
Pvt Bella (See Above)

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DCL21458&id=JE-405087801
Xenomorph Crusher (Basically a Xenomorph and a Ram mate?  Xeno Tank!)

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DCL21457&id=JE-405087801
Xenomorph Raven (Like a Male version of a Queen?)

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DCL21455&id=JE-405087801
And lastly, I'll just leave it here...  The APC is still available for pre-order, and yeah I get it, it's expensive, but you know you want this!  I just dropped $2k into a car.  I am owed this thing!)

The links are all sponsorship links to EE which, if you shop there, big shock, you keep the lights on here at Motel 8, so if you're gonna be do us a solid and buy with our links. :) #ShamelessPlug
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2018, 06:51 PM »
So could anyone who has these give me a rundown on the quality? I was eyeing them up and thinking about grabbing an alien or two but I'm seeing some mixed things about them as far as QC goes. Just wanna be sure they're not gonna break if I look at em for the price. Any info would be appreciated.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2018, 01:26 AM »
Hey man I’ll give you some details tomorrow when I’m not on a phone.  It’s a mixed bag of sorts but I’d say just be cautious if you buy and loosen joints with hot water first if one feels even a little stuck.  I’ll post more tomorrow though man.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2018, 01:10 AM »
Sorry man just killed on free time.

Basically the Hiya figures suffer from similar paint app heavy figures where a joint can seize.  The thinnest on the basic alien figures are the wrists and the hip socket.  There is a pretty small pin on the ball joint of the hip too and it’s the only time I broke a Hiya alien.  A lurker to be exact.

The lurker also has a weird dome that is clear and separate and it never sat right on mine and falls off.

The soldier is my favorite and obviously most common.  All of them come with an egg and facehugger.  Eggs come in open and closed variety but I don’t recall who came with which.  The spitter and boiler are cool and the spitter moreso imho, but the Soldier I have a few of.

As the humans go, Hiya is evolving there...  the likenesses are more attuned to the game than the real people they’re based on.  Also parts aren’t all cast in color but are painted and the paint for some of the humans flaked some I noticed at articulation points.

Humans don’t have holsters for side arms and that’s annoying.  Also they lack the “lobster tail” neck guard on the helmets which is meh, and the helmets strike me as slightly small.

The weapons are al fantastic and accurately scaled it seems, articulation is top notch poseability too.  The only figures in this scale for this property are Hot Toys Snap Kits which I have but which have spiked in value.

I think their 2nd round of humans looks improved and the company is listening to consumers.  Their Predators look incredible too but only time will tell.  The giant Aliens are cool but no Queen (yet) is kinda disappointing. 

Now, their Power Loader suit is incredible, but it’s 50% action figure toy and 50% model.  Damn near everything that can move on the loader from the USCM ship, actually moves!  But it all feels hyper fragile so be hyper careful in turn, should you buy one.  I love it, really, and it’s not cheap, but it looks badass in a dio for Aliens or Star Wars alike.  You can 3D print cargo boxes for it to pick up too but at a hefty cost themselves so just a heads up.

The company is very small, and I know some folks from it, and they work hard but have a lot of production delays.  It happens.

I’ve crossed Aliens over to Star Wars just for poops and giggles for a while since I played a cool “custom” level made for the old Jedi Knight game that did just that, with a cool storyline and everything.  It fit seamlessly and was a blast.  So my aliens tend to be chasing Stormtroopers more than USCM figures haha.  Those I have just because I like the property.

Hiya says they have rights to movie characters now so I’m hoping for a Ripley, Vasquez, etc.  also characters from other Alien films would be great.  For $20 roughly the figures are decent but the aliens themselves are better than the USCM right now.  So start with an alien and if needs be loosen joints with hot tap water.  You can even pop them apart and put them back together if it helps.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2018, 09:01 PM »
Hiya is saying the Aliens APC is a done deal and will be sold this August.  I hope so, because I really want it despite the cost, and I'm fine with the constant pushing back of dates and stuff.  I just want to really be sure the APC is getting done actually, and not have it in some limbo.  They're saying now the pre-orders needed are met and it's happening sooooooo, yay!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2018, 09:15 AM »
I don't know if I want to live in a world where people will pony up for an APC but not a Sail Barge.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2018, 06:36 PM »
I dunno man, half the price.  :P

I’m getting both but I dunno haha.  Might need a 2nd APC. 🤔

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2018, 12:16 AM »
Some interesting notes from Hiya at SDCC...

The APC is pushed to November now (Yay, just in time for Xmas ::)), but it's pushed back for years so who knows.  I hope it gets made even though it's gonna hurt financially when it hits.

And Hiya is releasing a pack of eggs and facehuggers!  Now THIS is huge to me.  Facehuggers that wrap around figure's faces and eggs open/closed...  I'm down for that, definitely!  I want a nice hive!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2019, 01:44 AM »
Hiya APCs are happening.  Shipping via bbts here and there now and hopefully my EE order before too too long.  That’ll be one big preorder off my shoulders.  Saw a vid review tonight and this thing is big.  Bigger than the Imperial Tank I think.  Hyper detailed and lots of lights on it.

Can and can’t wait at the same time haha.  Lot of $.  But man it’s badass.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 5, 2019, 10:59 AM »
Shipping via bbts here and there now and hopefully my EE order before too too long. 

I have tried deciphering this both sober and drunk, but I still can't figure out what you're saying.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: April 5, 2019, 12:14 PM »
Shipping via bbts here and there now and hopefully my EE order before too too long. 

I have tried deciphering this both sober and drunk, but I still can't figure out what you're saying.

[Jeff activates YINZER-2000 translator module]
*beep-beep-boop-beep-boop*

"bbts is now shipping pre-orders for the Hiya Toys APC.  I hope EE will receive their allotment soon so that the pre-order I placed will be fulfilled before too long.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: April 5, 2019, 04:25 PM »
Jeff’s translator worked.  I’m on my phone texting this more than half the time so I guess that comes out sloppy.

The EE price was better as I recall, but it’s been a good deal longer wait compared to Hiya Direct, which didn’t exist back when I ordered, and BBTS who are now moving on these.  I’m pleased these are made and all but I wish I actually could count on a date they’d ship since it’s like a $300 hit to the CC I would like to be able to plan for.  Instead, it will just be a big surprise. Yay.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 6, 2019, 04:59 PM »

[Jeff activates YINZER-2000 translator module]
*beep-beep-boop-beep-boop*

"bbts is now shipping pre-orders for the Hiya Toys APC.  I hope EE will receive their allotment soon so that the pre-order I placed will be fulfilled before too long.

LMAO!  Amazing work there R2-JS.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2019, 03:01 AM »
Inconvenient time for a hefty hit to the old credit card?  You bet it is!

So why not just decide to make sure that Hiya Aliens APC hits the old CC right about now!

So while I’m overjoyed mine is shipping after preordering it in early 2017, I have to laugh some at it hitting now when I’d just made a pricey purchase this past weekend figuring I had plenty of time before this behemoth would hit.  I didn’t.

I did however get it for less than most seem to have gotten it so that’s cool.

I’ll be happy to not have this charge hanging over me with every release date push back. 🤷‍♂️

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: May 2, 2019, 08:46 PM »
So my APC arrived today.  It’s sizable but not like the sailbarge.  It’s to scale though and. I rly detailed.  If I have any gripe though it’s that they put clear screens in on the right of Gorman’s station but didn’t backlight them with an LED.  Kinda ****** to cut that corner.

The screens have the heart beats of the team.  Faint but they’re there haha.

Gorman’s chair slides on small metal rods, the rifle racks work nicely, the tires are a softer rubber-like pvc, and it’s easy to open and access everything inside. 

They included a pack in figure, one of their female uscm figures, and mine broke out of the gate so I’ll hopefully get a replacement figure. :-\