Author Topic: Simpsons  (Read 24903 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Simpsons
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 03:53 AM »
Lineup is:

Homer
Marge
Lisa
Bart
Maggie
Grampa
Ned Flanders
Milhouse
Apu
Chief Wiggum
Ralph Wiggum
Nelson
Krusty the Clown
Mr. Burns
Itchy
Scratchy
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 08:05 AM »
And a dollar bump to $3.99 each.

I was thinking about getting the house, but I'll probably just stick to the minifigures.  Would like to see another wave, some classic characters still left - Moe, Barney, Sideshow Bob, Otto, Ms. Crabapple, Principal Skinner, Supernintendo Chalmers, Comic Book Guy, Smithers, etc.  Christ, you can probably do two more waves of minifigs and still have plenty of characters left to pick from.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 08:53 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/photos_stream#!/LEGO/photos_stream

Simpsons mini figs.  I'm in for a complete set.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 09:00 AM »
Me too. I am going to need to become an expert on the blind bag fondling though.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 10:12 AM »
Shouldn't be too hard to tell which figure is which being that there's lots of unique parts - pie & hair for Krusty, bat for Nelson, sax for Lisa, Marge's hair, etc.  Milhouse and Ralph will probably be a bitch considering they both have short legs and the tile with the only difference their heads.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 10:45 PM »
I picked up 8 of the 16 new minifigs tonight at Walmart. I probably could have gotten more but 20 minutes of fondling was enough for me.  :-X

I only guessed wrong on one as it turns out, thought I had Mr Burns but somehow ended up with Maggie. Maybe I just picked up the wrong bag, I had like 3 different piles going...(need, don't need, can't tell) It felt a little creepy but what the hell, better than ending up with a bunch of dupes.

Anyway, these are freaking awesome and I definitely plan on going back when I have more time and picking up the rest tomorrow. Even better, they all rang up at $2.97 because of some kind of discount due to an ad discrepancy on another Lego item.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 10:33 PM »
I completed my Wave 1 collection tonight with the final 8 figures, and no dupes among the lot.  Took me about 30 minutes this time around, some of those guys like Ralph and Milhouse were tricky. But it all paid off in the end. The Walmart price reduction ends Sunday apparently, so I was happy enough to have the lot for $50 total all said and done.

So are Target/TRU/Walmart gonna carry the house too?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 12:18 AM »
I found a small bit of these today at the local TRU and snagged five of them. Ended up with Homer, Marge, Flanders, Burns and Milhouse. Quite a decent haul, but it might be tough to track a complete set down.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 08:45 AM »
It's not actually all that hard if you have a more or less full case to pick from. I'm not sure what the distribution of figures is per case, but I was able to pick up all of them without any trouble at all really. Just time consuming.

Has anyone heard if there are any mini-sets planned for release around May 1? Or is that just the official drop date for the mini-figs?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 08:48 AM »
That is if you walk into a fresh case. Around me the places that got cases sold through all of them in a day. I had a chance to grab a few, but with my two year old with me I didn't have a ton of time and then when I went back they were gone. The Walgreens near me must think I'm stealing. I stop in every day for 30 seconds and then walk straight out.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 01:27 PM »
Does anyone know if May 1 is a hard street date or just a general release date? I imagine the latter since so many places are selling them.

Obnoxious guy at one of the Targets by me that won't pull them from the back because first he said they "may be street dated" then decided he knew for sure they are street dated.

I worked at Target for a long time and ran both electronics and toys and am very aware of not breaking street dates, but this guy's attitude really bothered me. Both in person and then a few days later when I called and unfortunately he answered the call. Don't treat me like a moron.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:22 PM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 02:10 PM »
May 1 is the street date

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 03:43 PM »
They are not hard locked by the Target POS. They will ring up if they are there.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2014, 10:53 AM »
Got someone to pull a case from back at Target today, but he then showed me they do say "do not sell before May 1" on them so at least I know they are street dated until next Thursday.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2014, 12:06 PM »
I've been buying bags here and there all week at my Target (Plymouth, MN) and of the 16 I've purchased (with minimal bag feeling) I have 12 of them and 2 duplicates (extra Scratchy & Maggie). Still need Chief Wiggum, Lisa, Milhouse, and Itchy.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird