Author Topic: Anyone collect vintage Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers?  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Just curious if anyone collects either or both of these toy lines.  The Buck Rogers figures are fairly easy to obtain but a few of the Galactica figs are quite hard to find in good condition.  Most notably the 2 cylons and Baltar.  Anyone know of any sites that sell either of these toy lines?  Both of these sets are not the greatest looking toys but they bring alot of memories back to my earlier days.  If anyone is interested in the Buck Rogers line, drop me a line.  I have about 6-7 duplicates that I would be willing to trade.  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Anyone collect vintage Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 08:10 AM »
Ahhh...  Now those two lines bring back some fond memories from my childhood...   8)

I obviously don't collect them now, since I'm only a SW collector, but I did have a number of those when I was a kid.  Had most of the Battlestar Galactica line, including the two cool ships (non firing though :-\), though I have no idea whatever happened to them.  I'm guessing they went the way of the family garage sale.

Had a few of the Buck Rogers figures as well, and for some strange reason, I think I still have my old Twiki figure stashed away in a box of my vintage Star Wars accessories.  I'll probably find out in the next month as I'm unpacking from the move!

Fun shows those were, and fun toys too!  Can't wait for them to hit DVD pretty soon!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 09:14 AM »
Ahhh...  Now those two lines bring back some fond memories from my childhood...   8)

Had a few of the Buck Rogers figures as well, and for some strange reason, I think I still have my old Twiki figure stashed away in a box of my vintage Star Wars accessories.  

Yep, memories!   8)  I had a few of the ships & figures from both toy lines but they may have gone to the dumpster as I have not seen them in a long time.  :(

I still have my Twiki figure & he's keeping my loose SW figures company.  ;D  *Bidi bidi bidi*

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 10:17 AM »

Daggit was always my favorite.  He fit in nicely with my Star Wars toys  8)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 03:45 PM »
I'm gonna throw out Black Hole figures here too.  Didn't collect any of these, I think I'm a little bit to young for both of the series, never really watched them (I watched Buck though)

Black Hole though I watched and I know I had some figures, they are long gone

Same goes for the Star Trek the movie figures, I still have my Spock

Offline DarthWormie

• Youngling
  • Mom always said, don't play ball in the house.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2003, 01:11 PM »
I came across a bunch of these stashed away in one of my old SW figure cases. I have Apollo, Starbuck, Adama, Daggit, a Cylon, and the goofy looking Imperius Leader (or whatever he was). From Buck Rogers I only got Buck and Twiki. Bedebedebede.  :)
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."